Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons for building weapons

BRT_LovesSushi

Question

Question - people say “level everything before you sell or merge it” makes sense for generating MR, but what about the situation where you have a weapon you love using - for me it’s an atomos at the moment, but I need an atomos to build a set of axes I have my eye on - Am I safe you just build a new atomos and use that to merge unleveled, while keeping my fully leveled atomos safe and sound? Or does a fully leveled weapon make for a stronger merged weapon? Same question for Aklex, would you need to level both individual lex before making the dual aklex? Since you only get MR on a first time leveling, seems like a lot of busy work if that’s the case.

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Cool, so the idea behind always leveling a weapon is linked to getting MR for the build, not the end quality of the merged weapon. That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure. I wouldn’t put it past DE for force leveling for better quality weapons, but I’m glad it doesn’t work like that. And to be clear you can only get MR the first time you’ve leveled a weapon, right. For example - Aklex, you’d only get MR for the first lex, but not the second?

3 hours ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

Cool, so the idea behind always leveling a weapon is linked to getting MR for the build, not the end quality of the merged weapon. That’s what I was thinking, but wasn’t sure. I wouldn’t put it past DE for force leveling for better quality weapons, but I’m glad it doesn’t work like that. And to be clear you can only get MR the first time you’ve leveled a weapon, right. For example - Aklex, you’d only get MR for the first lex, but not the second?

Yes, you only get MR xp the first level up.

19 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

Yes, you get MR for the first Lex, and then for the AkLex, but not for the second Lex used in building the Aklex.

1 hour ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

Think about it this way: if it got a different name and image in the arsenal, it's something different and it give MR.

Lex is one weapon, Aklex is a different weapon (while in the end it's just a dual Lex). It applies to every weapon that have a dual version of it, like Grakata and Twin Grakata, Skana and Dual Skana. You get the idea.
Another example are weapons that have a different "version" of them: Cernos is a bow, Cernos Prime is a different bow, and so dose the Rakta Cernos and the Mutalist Cernos. While all are part of the Cernos familiy, all of them behave differently, look different, feel different and all give MR points regadles of what you did with the other versions of this bow.