Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please tweak what counts as a headshot

Cr1t1cull

I am no medical expert, but I know for a fact that the back of the head and the chin count as headshots. I am trying to open a simple Riven mod that wants me to perform 3 headshots in one Aim Glide., but I am having a hard time when a headshot does not register just because it was not between the eyes. Fun fact: Shooting between the eyes is not a good method to kill someone because that is the glabella- the hardest part of the skull. So can you please tweak the hit boxes for headshots so it would not just be the glabella? The whole area of the head, helmet or no helmet, should count as a headshot. The back of the head should as well, much more than the glabella since the back of the head is much weaker than any part of the skull. 

That is weird, when i shot at the back of the head on corpus enemies, it counts as a headshot. With that being said the issue is that the game has weird hitboxes, so sometimes a shot wont be recorded as a headshot.

To open your riven i recomend using the arca plasmor and zephyr, then shoot a bit over their head so you will have an almost garanteed headshot.

The back of the head does count. Grineer are a bit harder in that regard because a lot of their guys have a big chunk of armor on their back that obstructs the head from behind, so it makes sense those don't count as head shots, as you aren't hitting their head at all. For everything else though including crewmen, i personally haven't noticed the issue you have been having. I've managed some dirty head shots from painful angles.

Are you making sure the killing blow is a headshot? Because that is what you need for the challenge.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

As long as this isn't a rifle riven it can be cheesed with the Arca plasmor on jupiter infested defence, just keep your distance and let enemies swarm the pod, then aimglide and shoot, might take a few tries but you'll get it eventually. Even the rifle riven can be done on that same node but it'll take a bit more skill

Doesn't matter. You can do the challenge with any weapon, not just the weapon the riven is on. Unless it specifically states otherwise.

Well the issues is that my kills shots in the back of the head and SLIGHTLY below the eyes while aim-gliding do not register. I was shooting Corpus units, btw. Either resize the helmets to only begin and end where their head begins and ends, or make the helmet shots count as well. They made a simple concept seem hard. And it is a Rifle Riven. 

Edited by Cr1t1cull

59 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Doesn't matter. You can do the challenge with any weapon, not just the weapon the riven is on. Unless it specifically states otherwise.

But you need to bring the weapon into the mission with the riven mod equipped. If it's a Rifle Riven mod, you have to put it on a rifle and thus can't bring Arca Plasmor.

8 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

But you need to bring the weapon into the mission with the riven mod equipped. If it's a Rifle Riven mod, you have to put it on a rifle and thus can't bring Arca Plasmor.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that if the weapon in question is difficult to get head shots with (tonkor or something) You can easily bring a decent secondary or alternative to make it a breeze and do what you suggested. You are right though. I didn't explain it well.

I had that riven challenge, it was a little frustrating but I got there in the end, I used those floaty orange duct things on Jupiter to keep me airborne, If you're not having much joy elsewhere try Thebe, I believe that has them, wait for a Corpus to sound the alarm, then glide into upward draft and have a good ole float about, just have to do a few directional micro-touches to keep you over the middle. 

Good luck Cr1t1cull. ☘️

• 2 weeks later...
Il y a 14 heures, Cr1t1cull a dit :

I am convinced that I am being scammed. I was aim-gliding over like 20 Infested, it registered only 2 headshots in aim glide, and the last one just never counts. Is this done on purpose? 

Why bother with infested ? 

Go grineer, let them group in a corridor, jump with zephyr and shoot with boltor prime.

This is one of the simplest riven.

Hitboxes are notorious for having a few issues, which may be at the heart of the problem here. While this may also be a bit late into development, I feel the Grineer could benefit from some alterations to their visual design, specifically to remove/reduce the hump on their back that obstructs their head hitbox. If the intent is to prevent Grineer from being headshot from the back, I'd be fine with that, but then the hump should be increased to obscure the head better, since right now it's in a halfway state where the head sticks out partially, but shots aimed at it don't connect, because the hump stops the hit entirely.