Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When did capture missions get so lame (for lack of a better word at the moment)

Sepharoth

So yeah, when did capture missions get so lame. I don't normally run capture missions unless they are an alert or I want to level up a weapon or warframe and they used to spawn a lot of enemies. Now the last few I have ran, it has been almost empty of enemies. The last one only spawned 54 enemies and all right at the beginning of the mission. About 80 to 85% of the mission was completely devoid of enemies. So when did the capture mission go from having a lot of enemies spawning to almost none ? I am a decent player though I don't run much over level 50, I do however would like some enemies in the mission I am playing. Did I miss the memo stating that capture missions now don't spawn enemies or as many enemies as before ? Anyway, just wondering what has changed with those missions.

Capture Mission Changes:
Capture Targets now have a 1 minute Bleedout timer after being downed for 30 seconds, upon which Lotus will now alert you that you’re running out of time to capture the Target. Capture missions had become an unofficial Endless mission with the tactic of leaving the Target squirming on the ground for hours while players dealt with the never-ending horde of enemies. The Bleedout timer has been added as a countermeasure to fix the unintended Endless Capture missions.

Copied from patch notes

I'm up for a capture rework.

imagine it being like a three-stage mini-boss battle like with vey heck where you defeat the capture target in one stage and the target transitions to the other room before being knocked out in the final stage.

that would make it interesting. but lets be honest, a large majority will not like making the game's fastest mission type, most favored sortie mission type, and most favored fissure mission type as long as any other mission type. for reasons. to be even more honest, these are the main reasons why it needs a rework in the first place. for quality.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

I used to capture the guy as soon as possible and still had plenty of enemies to deal with. Here is an idea, move the guy to capture to the very end of the mission instead of the very beginning and fill the entire mission with enemies. Instead of jump into mission, capture guy, kill a dozen or so enemies, run to the end, took about 3 or 4 minutes. Even I think that is just plain boring. Yeah, capture missions really need a rework.

This, just like most other topics in Warframe, is just as likely to be frowned on by those in the community who like the speed run element of this mission. It's purely subjective, of course. A super space ninja quickly and efficiently capturing prey and disappearing before the enemy knew what hit them sounds about right to some. I do like the idea of a multi phase capture. Perhaps both types could be used as two different missions?

capture definitely need multiple stages. first start with mobile def to get some info on target (1 console hack), then jump to exterminate to reduce enemy forces, then jump to capture. any thing is better than: jump into capture mission, have volt spam speed, run to and capture target, and run to extract. probably why exterminate is trash.