Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extended Rare Alerts

(XBOX)Avant Solace

On rare occasion alerts for special items like Forma, Orokin Catalysts, and Orokin Reactors will appear. Unfortunately these alerts often appear when people are either working or asleep. I myself have gotten up in the middle of the night to grab a free catalyst. Worse still is that most of these alerts only last for about an hour, resulting in people who are not near their consoles to miss out on these rare opportunities.

So hear is my proposition: When a random alert for exceptional items do appear, have them programmed to last 16 hours. That should be long enough for everyone to finish their sleep cycles or shift and have enough time to get home and grab the alert, without giving them too much leisure.

Thoughts?

In all honesty the whole point of the 'rarity' of special items in alerts is to 'encourage' people to just buy them with plat. 

Obviously on XB it's a little harder but getting 20plat isn't exactly hard from trade either. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 'extending' certain alerts, especially those with no plat alternative such as nitain so they're more accessible but things which can be easily gained via a quick bit of trading I'm not so sure on. 

Mind you maybe I'm biased as I'm at the point now where I'm running an excess of 20+ of each because I've used them on eveyrthing I want(ed) to use them on...

As @LSG501 said - that's the point - they're supposed to be rare.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

When a random alert for exceptional items do appear, have them programmed to last 16 hours.

That's what 24 hours long alerts - the ones after devstreams - are for.

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty the whole point of the 'rarity' of special items in alerts is to 'encourage' people to just buy them with plat. 

Alerts being rare is fine, but it does suck when you turn on your computer in the morning and see that all the good rewards popped up while you were sleeping.. again. For example I waited 2 months for an alert to get Energy Siphon only to see the alert had popped at 5am. It would be nice if there was some system to take timezones into account. For example when a rare material or mod alert is up it shows up again every 6 hours during the next 24 hours, if you haven't already completed the alert.

3 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Alright guys cmon nothing a little trading won't fix.

Waiting 2 months for Energy Siphon when it's only 15p?

New player, 0 plat, nothing to trade.. so "only 15p" becomes quite a high price tag. And honestly, I don't think the mod is worth 15p even now that I actually have some plat. But this is really beside the point anyway.

31 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Alerts being rare is fine, but it does suck when you turn on your computer in the morning and see that all the good rewards popped up while you were sleeping.. again. For example I waited 2 months for an alert to get Energy Siphon only to see the alert had popped at 5am. It would be nice if there was some system to take timezones into account. For example when a rare material or mod alert is up it shows up again every 6 hours during the next 24 hours, if you haven't already completed the alert.

The game has trading, if it really is as bad as you say, and I doubt it's 'that' bad based on my own experiences (I'm in the UK), there is nothing stopping you from selling some stuff to buy it. 

Now I can understand with nitain but that's the only thing that could really do with a 'rethink'

edit: In 2 months you can get enough to trade for 15plat

Edited by LSG501

17 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

New player, 0 plat, nothing to trade.. so "only 15p" becomes quite a high price tag. And honestly, I don't think the mod is worth 15p even now that I actually have some plat. But this is really beside the point anyway.

Even though the other guy quoted you I just wanna say as well:

2 months is more than enough time to figure out how to earn 15p.

Be it from trading, coupons, region chat begging, or finding a Sugar daddy.

You guys are missing the point. DE was generous enough to give out an occasional "freebie" so people can save 20 plat on occasion. The main problem with these freebies is that they only benefit a select few people that happen to be available during their appearance. Its like a backhanded compliment; to be charitable but also rely on dumb luck. If they want to be charitable, at least give people who actually have a life the opportunity to receive said charity.

1 hour ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

You guys are missing the point. DE was generous enough to give out an occasional "freebie" so people can save 20 plat on occasion. The main problem with these freebies is that they only benefit a select few people that happen to be available during their appearance. Its like a backhanded compliment; to be charitable but also rely on dumb luck. If they want to be charitable, at least give people who actually have a life the opportunity to receive said charity.

The freebies are called Gift Of The Lotus, and last 24h.

The others are definitely part of the whole RNG rewards thing.