Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phat Fat Warframe?

(PSN)Poestis

I am probably not the first to mention this, but okay here we go.  You got the super skinny warframes, you got the oh so muscular warframes.. Where are the big ones? 

In some cultures, bigness represent wealth, power even survivability through endurance.

I think it's time to think about a warframe that grows bigger and stronger with buffs and maybe smaller with debuffs.  I mean if a frame were to have an abrupt buff and roll over a crowd of enemies and they die because of the buff growth that would be amazing.   I would play that warframe more because I related to him in multiple ways.  I've had battles with being fat younger in life, I have since overcome that mostly mentally, and somewhat physically.  I am a big survival last man standing show fan.  If you have ever watched the show Alone, you know the guy who won recently was the guy who built up the most body fat to survive 55 days.  I have nothing but admirable respect for that and I think something like that should be portrayed in Warframe.

Why can't we get a Buddha style ninja warframe?  What does the community think?  Call him Flex, I don't care, trying to shift some weight about here.

Thanks for reading,

-Bauchie

Edited by (PS4)bauchie

If you listen to the in-game creator of the Warframes, the reason they're all skinny, or agile, or even ideally proportioned is because they're supposed to be different, strange, compared to the factions we're put against.

The Grineer are bulky, armoured, ugly and purely brute to look at, they have no 'beauty' to them, even the designs that are thin in proportion, like the snipers or heavy gunners, are bulbous and protruding where they shouldn't be.

That's why the Warframes are slender, or hyper-fit in appearance.

The Corpus are blocky, favouring pure functionality over ergonomics, helmets that are wedge shaped with no real aerodynamic nature to them, suits that are shapeless and the only difference between a basic Crewman and the heavy unit Techs is the colour and size of them. All the same, all completely functional.

That's why the Warframes are all different in appearance, all sleek lines or glossy smoothness, with gold filigree on the Primes that gives sharp accentuation to their unique shapes.

The Infested are organic, festering, twisted in their form and lopsided, with exposed sinews and even organs. Their hives seem to have schlepped across everything they touch, slimey and sticky, unfolding and slapping down more, stretching and straining to cover as much of their surroundings in themselves.

That's why the Warframes are compacted, clean, even the Warframe that's literally made from the Infested has been sculpted, bound within the form to make the function more precise.

And more important than all of this...

The warframes were made from the Orokin, their slave races, from their fighters, from their best and brightest, whether they wanted it or not. Infected with a specific strain of infestation, thought to be controllable by the Orokin (more fool them) and the process changed each and every one of them, forming skin as strong as steel, organs that bound together with incredible strength and resilience, making them stronger, faster, more agile and moulding each for war.

Even if an individual was Sumo sized when that started, by the end of it they would be shaped like Atlas, or Rhino.

And it's not because those original shapes aren't powerful... it's because those original shapes aren't agile, they aren't enduring or quick footed. Rhino has more physical weight than any of the other Warframes, every single time he lands from high enough it cracks the ground and damages things around him, but he can still hurtle through the air at amazing speed, run up walls and sprint on wires.

That's why we haven't seen something that shape so far ^^

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XB1)HerculesLac:

Because air gliding, double jumping and wall running is obviously connected to being skinny or muscular and not ____SPOILEEEEER____ being a part infested former ninja warrior.

To be honest... I have never seen a fat "ninja warrior" 🤔 but I don't look many ninja movies so what do I know 😋

And my post wasn't meant to be serious

il y a 8 minutes, Nacond a dit :

To be honest... I have never seen a fat "ninja warrior" 🤔 but I don't look many ninja movies so what do I know 😋

And my post wasn't meant to be serious

We debate about a video game, so no seriousness intended. Though body shape is indeed a political subject.

For "fat" ninja warrios, take a look at Sammo Hung. He was present in some Jackie Chan movies (Project A). And SPL is really cool.

Edited by (XB1)HerculesLac

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

The Grineer are bulky, armoured, ugly and purely brute to look at, they have no 'beauty' to them, even the designs that are thin in proportion, like the snipers or heavy gunners, are bulbous and protruding where they shouldn't be.

Wait, did you start talking about Atlas?

But seriously it'd look a tad out of place, closest thing we'll get to fat is something around Vauban Prime's figure, he's big but not really muscular, a real thicc boi

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

If you listen to the in-game creator of the Warframes, the reason they're all skinny, or agile, or even ideally proportioned is because they're supposed to be different, strange, compared to the factions we're put against. 

That's why the Warframes are slender, or hyper-fit in appearance.

The Corpus are blocky, favouring pure functionality over ergonomics, helmets that are wedge shaped with no real aerodynamic nature to them, suits that are shapeless and the only difference between a basic Crewman and the heavy unit Techs is the colour and size of them. All the same, all completely functional.

That's why the Warframes are all different in appearance, all sleek lines or glossy smoothness, with gold filigree on the Primes that gives sharp accentuation to their unique shapes.

The Infested are organic, festering, twisted in their form and lopsided, with exposed sinews and even organs. Their hives seem to have schlepped across everything they touch, slimey and sticky, unfolding and slapping down more, stretching and straining to cover as much of their surroundings in themselves.

That's why the Warframes are compacted, clean, even the Warframe that's literally made from the Infested has been sculpted, bound within the form to make the function more precise.

And more important than all of this...

The warframes were made from the Orokin, their slave races, from their fighters, from their best and brightest, whether they wanted it or not. Infected with a specific strain of infestation, thought to be controllable by the Orokin (more fool them) and the process changed each and every one of them, forming skin as strong as steel, organs that bound together with incredible strength and resilience, making them stronger, faster, more agile and moulding each for war.

Even if an individual was Sumo sized when that started, by the end of it they would be shaped like Atlas, or Rhino.

And it's not because those original shapes aren't powerful... it's because those original shapes aren't agile, they aren't enduring or quick footed. Rhino has more physical weight than any of the other Warframes, every single time he lands from high enough it cracks the ground and damages things around him, but he can still hurtle through the air at amazing speed, run up walls and sprint on wires.

That's why we haven't seen something that shape so far ^^

Sooo, Buddha style isn't beautiful, got it.  I mean I don't like the way Nekros or Zephyr looks personally with any skin or colors, but that doesn't mean somebody out there loves them for how they look.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  They have frames that model the enemy nowadays, Nidus and the new Revenant being examples.  Also, referring to your bad guy speel, if you think of any comic fan, they all have a favorite bad guy, or at least the look of a bad guy.

It's like you are trying to tell me a big BALL can't roll fast.  There are hills in Warframe so why not? I mean does't the character have to have volume inside?  What if he were Hollow at times light as a feather and other times heavy as the biggest boulder. 

Just think it's an idea that needs more exploration, and don't throw it away cause it sounds too much like one punch make team stone man or Mr. Mostly Index Runner.

1 hour ago, (XB1)HerculesLac said:

Because air gliding, double jumping and wall running is obviously connected to being skinny or muscular and not ____SPOILEEEEER____ being a part infested former ninja warrior. 

A fat flexing air gliding warframe's too much for some people I guess.  I think he would look amazing, and fun to use.  Too bad they don't have national poles for this stuff.. I mean what other warframes are on the list?

30 minutes ago, (XB1)naruto1171 said:

But seriously it'd look a tad out of place, closest thing we'll get to fat is something around Vauban Prime's figure, he's big but not really muscular, a real thicc boi

Think [Peculiar Bloom] on the Fields of Eidolon turrents big.  haha.

Edited by (PS4)bauchie

51 minutes ago, (PS4)bauchie said:

Sooo, Buddha style isn't beautiful, got it.

Heh, you sound offended, but no, that's not the point at all.

Buddha style is beautiful, but functionally it's for something completely different than sprinting, endurance activity and agility.

Sumo is strong, it's built for stability and power from the core. You will never find me talking crap about sumo or even slightly body-shaming. But factually, if you want to be an olympic-level Triathlon participant with a body that's been built for the opposite, then you'll fail. You'll barely even begin to compete.

But I'll do you one better, one reason that we haven't seen it that is core to the design of the game;

Animations.

All warframes are base humanoid because of the amount of animations necessary in the game that they have made consistent. Everything from basic melee stances to finishers, to using consoles, specific weapons, idle animations, movement animations... Even the very, very most basic walk and run cycle of animation is consistent across all humanoid models, just sped up or down and scaled up or down, depending on the specific model.

Heck, we even have problems with getting the basic Cosmetic items to fit every Warframe with as little diversity as their body types are so far.

So yeah, a frame built like a Sumo wrestler could, in theory, go absolutely as fast as another frame, it's a game after all. But you would either have to create a completely different cycle of animations for every single aspect of the game that they would interact with, and then try to debug that every time some new melee weapon or animation was put in the game, or you apply the base animations to that shape and laugh your ass off at the clipping problems.

It's pretty much the same reason that we have, thus far, received no frame based on a multi-legged form, like a centaur or drider; because you would have to re-animate everything instead of using the optimised, standardised animations that the game functions on.

And don't even get me started on Field of View XD

Honestly though, DE's got a very clear design philosophy for Warframes. They're idealised humanoid, with both females and males having exaggerated body types, or charicatured forms in some way.

Maybe, in the future, when the engine has evolved and they can more freely manipulate what animations they use, then sure. I'd be all for seeing something like that.

I'm just telling you that there's a both a solid Lore and a solid Game reason for it not existing now.

Oh, before I go:

1 hour ago, (XB1)naruto1171 said:

That boi is a boxer, all that muscle across the shoulders and neck, that toned waist and core, not an ounce of mis-balanced weight anywhere, and then those strong, long legs for pushing all that power from the ground right up through full-extension to the fist... Mm-hmm, that's a good form.

oh boi the day I hear of this kinda crap. I am sorry OP, but this is not something I think fits the games appeal nor the function of the game. It is fashion frame and about power strength including appearance yet save us so much political tripe and trouble if we just do not go this route in the game altogether honestly.

We all know what happens when a game gets politicized.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle
better wording and communication