Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception missions solo?

(XBOX)ZFG COLD

New player enjoying the game. I don't always have a group to play with so I am working my way through the story solo. I have reached a point where my progress has been halted by having to do an interception mission. It is impossible for me to hold down 4 points on my own. Can I Suggest as an improvement that these missions scale to party size in terms of the no of points you need to capture and hold down. 

I just run through and capture all points and look at the (a, b, c, d) icons. When it starts flashing I go to the point and kill the enemies. Realistically you only need 3 points not all 4, but I like doing 4 points anyways. I don't think anything really needs to change with interception solo though.

Get your hands on a dps frame like Saryn, or build a spectre and put it on the furthest point (interception areas are usually placed 3 close together and one far away) and move between the other three. When playing solo enemy spawn rates are reduced and capture times are increased to compensate. Also keep a eye on the ABCD markers next to your minimap as they will blink when a enemy is trying to capture it

20 hours ago, (XB1)ZFG COLD said:

It is impossible for me to hold down 4 points on my own. Can I Suggest as an improvement that these missions scale to party size in terms of the no of points you need to capture and hold down

It does that, if you're solo enemies spawn slower and you cap points quicker.

However, some frames make this harder - you need someone quick with AoE DPS abilities, and you want AoE weapons. Mostly you need to kill lots of mobs quickly.

Early on Ember excels at this. Some other frames (Sharyn, Equinox, Nova, etc) are really good too, but you won't be able to get them until much later.

On most interceptions you can bullet jump from point to point in a second or two. Some missions have one point further away, and on these it can be better to let that one go - hop between the 3 you can get to quickly, as keeping them can still win you the match.

Next to each capture point are two consoles - these are what the enemy needs to reach to capture (they can't just stand on it like you can). Look for those consoles - sometimes you can't see them from the point and enemies you can't see can cap it while you're standing in the middle of it. On some maps you can kill any enemies at these consoles from another point entirely, allowing you to easily hold two (or even 3) at once.

Incidentally, this is also why new Frost players suck at interceptions. Never snow globe the consoles, as it just stops you from remotely clearing the point.

Finally, infested interceptions can be bugged where they just swarm all the points at once. When that happens the match can be very hard to win, bring fire AoE on the retry.