Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combine Faction Damage Mods

Kialandi

It gets tedious when you have to swap the mod for each faction.

I would like to be able to Transmute the 4 different faction damage mods (1 from each faction) into 1 mod. 

I believe that this would be a nice QoL change and it would boost the usage of Bane/Expel/Smite mods.

Of course I would very much like to see this for Primed mods. It would even be okay if the cost to max the transmuted mod was 4×41k endo and 4×2mil credits. However some sort of discount would not hurt!

Edited by Kialandi

4 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

That's the thing though, if they removed the hassle of using them, it would further invalidate the use of non-damage mods

I know that combining those mods turns them into another generic +30/55% damage mod. 

If I want to use those mods I will use them. Hassle or not. This would just be a nice QoL change.

53 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

I know that combining those mods turns them into another generic +30/55% damage mod. 

If I want to use those mods I will use them. Hassle or not. This would just be a nice QoL change.

iirc, they work after all other mods, so it'd be a flat +30/55% damage increase, not a diminished increase on top of any other base damage. Itd literally make them a must have for max dps builds. Honestly, hassle or not, the mods should have probably never been.

8 hours ago, Przelag said:

There is no place for those mods anyway...

8 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

This.

Aside from the 3.7x damage toxin procs deal from a gas proc.

Other procs like slash deal 55% more and then the proc deals an additional 55%, where as gas goes one step further with an additional 55% again.

Even if the enemy had 75% resistance to toxin, this does above normal damage. & as stated above this applies after everthing else so it pushes your build so much further. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Other procs like slash deal 55% more and then the proc deals an additional 55%, where as gas goes one step further with an additional 55% again.

Even if the enemy had 75% resistance to toxin, this does above normal damage. & as stated above this applies after everthing else so it pushes your build so much further.

I don't think anyone's arguing that these mods aren't effective, just that they suck.

If you could combine them you get yet another mandatory damage mod everyone uses on every build, which we don't want. It just takes a mod slot away and adds another mod grind for a damage %, which is boring. I'd rather just get higher max ranks on damage mods.

Swapping them out is annoying, and unfortunately I think that's the point of them - you get a pure damage boost in return for editing your mods before every mission. This is why everyone hates them.

I'd remove these mods from the game entirely - nothing should rely on the awkwardness of the mod editor/limited loadouts as part of its design.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

2 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Seems cool until you have to swap the loadout. No hunter munitions on pistols btw so very limited use.

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 2:23 AM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Seems cool until you have to swap the loadout. No hunter munitions on pistols btw so very limited use.

The amount of multishot on secondarys may as well give better odds than munitions.

Not everyone uses their loadouts, builds for specific factions is fine.

On one hand, I agree that swapping out faction damage mods is more tedious then strategic, but on the other hand, wouldn't combining every faction mod into one just make them into one big damage mod? We already have those, and they're mandatory, so I'd rather not have more of that. If anything, this I think points more towards a problem with current modding (modding for specific factions rarely happens, and when it does purely through mods, it's not all that interesting), than with faction mods themselves.