The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still On The Nova Op Topic

Tsrintox

It occurs to me that some players think Nova is OP

There is not much I can say to dissuade them.

I just like to point out

-She is only obtainable through a high level boss and designed for high level defence, mobile defence and boss kills(which you should have already done unless you were impatient and got a friend or a guildie to help you farm it at initiate rank)

-Skill 1

Null star

Useful against light-medium low level targets, at around 40ish is pretty useless, but considered amazing, as some other 1 skills are lack lustre and useless.

-Skill 2

Anti matter drop

and her strongest ability antimatter drop has travel time, needs to be damaged, and severly crippled by lag and being a non host. This is meant to clear out small clusters of enemies and you will really want this when a swarm of toxics with healers are coming at you at level 150+ come back and complain then.

-Skill 3

Worm hole

Great team mobility skill if teammates decide to use it.Though it could be used to troll.

-Skill 4

M. Prime

Okay so the most OP in the set, well no

the most general high damage skill 4, yes

By general I mean stays effective no matter which faction (example volt vs infested is a no no.)

Still, get to level 130 normals and you'll find this skill is not OP as some claim

I think the main problem, with this is that it gives the illusion of kill stealing, anything light unit below 80 that gets marked is very likely to die.

People who use this at lower levels pretty much leave empty cement for their team for run through, but at the same time anyone with a high level gun can do the same

Base stats

Great speed Bad armor rating

Average health lower shields

Lots of available energy.

And at the end of the day Acrid beats everything.

It occurs to me that some players think Nova is OP

There is not much I can say to dissuade them.

I just like to point out

-She is only obtainable through a high level boss and designed for high level defence, mobile defence and boss kills(which you should have already done unless you were impatient and got a friend or a guildie to help you farm it at initiate rank)

-Skill 4

M. Prime

Okay so the most OP in the set, well no

the most general high damage skill 4, yes

By general I mean stays effective no matter which faction (example volt vs infested is a no no.)

Still, get to level 130 normals and you'll find this skill is not OP as some claim

I think the main problem, with this is that it gives the illusion of kill stealing, anything light unit below 80 that gets marked is very likely to die.

People who use this at lower levels pretty much leave empty cement for their team for run through, but at the same time anyone with a high level gun can do the same

Base stats

Great speed Bad armor rating

Average health lower shields

Lots of available energy.

And at the end of the day Acrid beats everything.

Are you silly?

Double-damage, effectively cutting enemy mobility in half, and add explosions on death to top it all.

It's probably the best CC ability in the game along-side Bastille! Except it kills stuff at the same time! 

Nova is actually pretty bad at boss missions. The only thing she's got is MP's 2x damage and speed debuff - bosses very rarely cluster near enemies you can explode. Worse, she's so squishy that the high DPS bosses will generally annihilate her.

Of course the Nerf Nova people are fundamentally wrong in general, but I thought I'd point this out.

Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Being "Made for high level gameplay" is another way of saying "She is overpowered"

Drop can easily do thousands of damage, I can afk with doing nothing but spam the 1 button for the first 1-4 waves of Xini.

And Molecular Prime... let's just put it this way. If Warframe is a Coop game, why can Molecular Prime do Damage, CC, and Debuff?

Also, forget to mention. Give me proof she isn't OP.

Glass cannon? Try 50 armor and Loki speed, mixed with loki's stats.

You want a true glass cannon? 1.0 sprint speed with 10 armor, and Loki shields amount.

Edited by Hayden11121

Let me throw in my 2 cents.

Being "Made for high level gameplay" is another way of saying "She is overpowered"

Drop can easily do thousands of damage, I can afk with doing nothing but spam the 1 button for the first 1-4 waves of Xini.

And Molecular Prime... let's just put it this way. If Warframe is a Coop game, why can Molecular Prime do Damage, CC, and Debuff?

^.... This guy knows.....

Nova is actually pretty bad at boss missions. The only thing she's got is MP's 2x damage and speed debuff - bosses very rarely cluster near enemies you can explode. Worse, she's so squishy that the high DPS bosses will generally annihilate her.

You fail to comprehend that double-damage and halved speed is a HUGE utility advantage against opponents! That in itself would've been enough for the ultimate. 

You fail to comprehend that double-damage and halved speed is a HUGE utility advantage against opponents! That in itself would've been enough for the ultimate.

I comprehend that just fine. What I'm saying is that it's not much of an advantage against bosses because of their amazingly deep HP wells.

I also comprehend that it's not much different than Stomp or Miasma providing huge damage (armor ignore damage even!) + CC in general.

I comprehend that just fine. What I'm saying is that it's not much of an advantage against bosses because of their amazingly deep HP wells.

I also comprehend that it's not much different than Stomp or Miasma providing huge damage (armor ignore damage even!) + CC in general.

Not true

Rhino provides a 9 sec stun. Great.

Miasma provides a 3 sec stagger, whoo hoo!

Nova causes enemies to take double damage, be slowed by 50% for 1 min *Power Duration affected*, and FRIGGEN BLOW UP

Rhino provides a 9 sec stun. Great.

Miasma provides a 3 sec stagger, whoo hoo!

This is actually very great. Most enemies don't last more than nine seconds anyway when you focus on them, except for bosses.

Nova causes enemies to take double damage, be slowed by 50% for 1 min *Power Duration affected*, and FRIGGEN BLOW UP

Yes, and? Enemies who are staggered and/or floating can't shoot you. Enemies who are slowed can shoot you just fine.

I suppose if you're just playing on xini all day or something MP seems better than it is, but infested only have two systems and some other planets in other systems.

I absolutely love how great Nova is at CC. Super useful to have Nova on your team for defense missions. Just because some CoD kiddies are complaining about their kdr because Nova was stealing their thunder while actually being @(*()$ useful does not mean Nova needs a nerf.

It's people that complain for nerfs that gave this game so much trouble from update to update, because the devs decide to listen to people with bruised egos instead of actual team players. If you want to killstreak, play solo or just go back to CoD. Don't ruin this game for the rest of us.

I absolutely love how great Nova is at CC. Super useful to have Nova on your team for defense missions. Just because some CoD kiddies are complaining about their kdr because Nova was stealing their thunder while actually being @(*()$ useful does not mean Nova needs a nerf.

It's people that complain for nerfs that gave this game so much trouble from update to update, because the devs decide to listen to people with bruised egos instead of actual team players. If you want to killstreak, play solo or just go back to CoD. Don't ruin this game for the rest of us.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98037-nova-steal-killing-feedback/?hl=%2Bsteal+%2Bkilling

Basically the only way to do anything in a defense mission without pulling your hair out by the follicles is with a Nova on your team, though. Nova's saved my bacon so many times as other frames, I can't wait to craft one for myself. But generally by the time I get a frame everyone thinks is OP, it gets nerfed.

Nova is low on health compared to other frames as a balance, much like how Loki is fairly squishy. Yes, ults kill tons of stuff, but that's what makes Nova so great on a Defense mission. I just remember how everyone was *@##$ing about Vauban when he first got released.

As for perceived challenge when playing Nova, go play high tier Nightmare mode stuff. Health vampire should really keep the heat on.

I don't know. I'm starting to say just leave Nova as is. I'm starting to like boss farming with Nova.

<--- Boss farming like a pro.

Warframe has become another BL2 on UVHM in late game. Enemies can do massive damage, you can do massive damage. It's ridiculous. The whole damage table of everything should be reworked honestly.

Doesn't matter to me whether or not anything gets fixed/changed/nerfed/buffed/exacerbated. I'm just going to play what DE gives me until I get bored with it.