Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Saryn Changes are Legit Hilarious!

BL4CKN0ISE

First of all, I honestly didn't know you guys changed anything with Saryn and I used her a bunch today, so I guess that's a good thing? Anyways, what's going on in that studio? I laughed for at least 2-3 minutes after I finally read all the stuff in the update and got to the part about Saryn. So let me get this straight...

Saryn Changes:

We recently made the surprising discovery that Miasma’s damage multiplier for targets affected by Spores never actually worked. It has been fixed and will now work as we’ve intended it to originally. That said, seeing as it has been absent until now, we have increased the damage multiplier from 2x to 4x to encourage even more synergy between the two abilities. 

Seasoned Saryn players will notice the change immediately, as it can make quite an impact on the spread of Spores via Miasma kills. By increasing the damage multiplier we have reduced the following to compensate for the change:

• Miasma base Damage has been halved.
  • Spores scaling damage per second cap has been reduced from 10 to 7.

As always, we watch for your feedback and encourage you thoroughly test out the changes first before leaving your thoughts. Thank you! 

It's funny to me because I'm curious if anybody noticed that it wasn't working in the first place? I just assumed that synergy was doing what it's supposed to do. You guys made a mistake, and because of that you decided to give it bonus damage? Okay, that's nice, but I would just like to see how it was originally intended to work. So many players were happy with the Saryn changes, so I'm not sure why fixing your mistake came with nerfs to other aspects of her kit. You guys could've literally just stealth fixed her and left it at that. Instead, you nerf Miasma because you forgot to include the original damage multiplier? The Spore nerf in minimal, but I still don't understand it.

It's just such a strange way to fix a mistake. Ya'll funny, DE. 🤣

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

There is no nerf to Miasma though, they've simply built it more around the synergy idea of her kit. This likely to avoid #4 spamming only in most missions and encourage the use of spores to sync with miasma.

Say she did 400 per tick with miasma, now she does 200. A fix of the skill would result in 400x2 = 800, now you get 200x4 = 800. Same number, not a nerf, just encouragement to use the synergies they planned her to use to begin with. 

Increased miasma's dmg modifier to x4 from x2, but halved the base dmg. Doesn't that mean we are at the exact same spot as before?

Lets say m has 100 dmg. X2 is 200dmg

Now its 50 dmg x4 is 200dmg.

So miasma has the same dmg and they nerfed spores?

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is no nerf to Miasma though, they've simply built it more around the synergy idea of her kit. This likely to avoid #4 spamming only in most missions and encourage the use of spores to sync with miasma.

Say she did 400 per tick with miasma, now she does 200. A fix of the skill would result in 400x2 = 800, now you get 200x4 = 800. Same number, not a nerf, just encouragement to use the synergies they planned her to use to begin with. 

That's called a nerf to Miasma. I didn't say it was a nerf to the synergy. You can still spam miasma. In fact, you just need to spam it more now. Encouragement would just be fixing the original synergy IMO. Cutting Miasma's damage by half is a nerf to that ability. It's more like trying to force players to use spores with miasma. Fair enough, but I just don't think that's the best way to do it. She already had a great synergy and fixing the actual problem would've been more encouraging IMO. 

It's really great when Warframe abilities synergize with each other, but it doesn't mean players will play that way all the time. There should also be more flexibility. This change just seems a little too pushy. Not a big deal, but it definitely wasn't necessary. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

Still OP as Clem :clem:

Imo they should bring some synergy to molt, something like Orphid Specter would be nice : If you cast spore on your molt, the molt will become a kamikaze crawler that will explode when touching the mob it encounters.

I'm really disapointed of the last "reworks" for her, she's now almost 100% passive, you spam spores, you have a buff on every weapon and nothing more.(the risk factor we had to play melee with her before was just, well, rewarding...)

So I'm a bit happy they did something to kinda bring back the Miasma synergy (even if it looks not that working) but I can't lie I would like to see more. She's kind of "Poison Ember" right now, and I clearly hate how passive and without any unique gameplay Ember's kit is.

Edited by Xgomme