Jump to content

Syndicate Missions


Hecking_Birb
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't like syndicate missions as they are right now. They literally just act as low/mid-level missions with some extra standing at the end, and a scavenger hunt that's tedious and repetitive.

Please do something new with them. I can't think of anything right now, but I want to actually be remotely excited about doing these missions, or enjoy myself at all in them. I used to spend 15-20 minutes per run just to find the marks/datums/whateverthehell, but now I ignore them, because I value my time and sanity. Needing to spend between one and a half and three hours on getting a measly singular augment's worth of standing per syndicate (and that's if you're lucky) is terrible, especially since there's absolutely no way to do it better than that.

(note: you can say you do it in less time but that's not a good argument)

Edited by Hecking_Birb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Syndicate missions take no longer than 10 minutes if you know where to look for syndicate pickups. They have an advantage over standing because they can be hoarded and stored to use later, like when a Prime Access drops to get a ton of relic packs.

4 minutes ago, Hecking_Birb said:

tedious and repetitive

That's Warframe for you, what'd ya expect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

Syndicate missions take no longer than 10 minutes if you know where to look for syndicate pickups. They have an advantage over standing because they can be hoarded and stored to use later, like when a Prime Access drops to get a ton of relic packs.

That's Warframe for you, what'd ya expect.

I vaguely know them, but that's a lot of work to remember something that literally does not apply to anything else.

Also, Warframe is not that consistently repetitive. There's many ways you can play the game, between all the mods, weapons, warframes, and mechanics, if the game feels repetitive then that's on you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then you are doing them wrong. They don't take longer than 10 minutes to find them all.

And do all of your posts have the "for the love of god, please do x"?

Idk how y'all manage to find them in so little time, besides remembering exactly where they can spawn. And maybe, I don't pay attention. It might just be a habit of mine to say that, but I think I only use it on shorter posts. idk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hecking_Birb said:

Idk how y'all manage to find them in so little time, besides remembering exactly where they can spawn.

You don't have to remember each spawn point. You just need to know how to see them

RLc5IN8.jpg

This is the build I do Syndicate missions with. Also equip Animal Instinct on your Companion. Just cast Cataclym anywhere you want to destroy crates (you can aim with your cursor, 140% strength to break them in 1 hit).

You then only have to jump through the map and collect the medallions which are labelled like this on the map

AeRXn6T.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You don't have to remember each spawn point. You just need to know how to see them

RLc5IN8.jpg

This is the build I do Syndicate missions with. Also equip Animal Instinct on your Companion. Just cast Cataclym anywhere you want to destroy crates (you can aim with your cursor, 140% strength to break them in 1 hit).

You then only have to jump through the map and collect the medallions which are labelled like this on the map

AeRXn6T.jpg

I use a very similar strategy, but with an Ignus and an Equinox. A single maim with about one or two kills' worth of damage on it can pop all the crates, and then I find the things. I don't see how people manage to do it faster though.

Then again, is Limbo's Cataclysm really larger than Equinox's Maim? If it is then that's probably how.

Edited by Hecking_Birb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hecking_Birb said:

is Limbo's Cataclysm really larger than Equinox's Maim?

Nope. Limbo's 4 has 16 meter base and Equinox's has 18 meter. Limbo's is a sphere however...idk about Maim. Nontheless it shouldn't be the problem since Loot Mods don't  show more than 5 meter in height

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-15 at 10:15 AM, peterc3 said:

It's your primary argument to have the missions changed and you claim it is impossible to do it faster.

My point is that it's boring and repetitive to have to do a damn scavenger hunt just so getting standing doesn't take forever. Also, fairly certain I'm saying that while you can do it faster perhaps, you can't do it Better™.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-10-15 at 10:26 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Nope. Limbo's 4 has 16 meter base and Equinox's has 18 meter. Limbo's is a sphere however...idk about Maim. Nontheless it shouldn't be the problem since Loot Mods don't  show more than 5 meter in height

Meme is a sphere, and yeah, would really be nice if for every 10 loot radar another floor is revealed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Syndicate Missions

I am not sure about the rest of you but has anyone NOT been getting EXTERMINATE mission in the listing? I get Defend/Mobile/Spy/Rescue/Capture/Intercept only now.. What happened to the Exterminate missions? This has been going on now for over a week.. Did they change it or remove that particular type of mission? Curious.

Edited by LnDeathLord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Syndicate missions

How about Syndicate Mini Quest after Fortuna Balances out from the usual release issues a big update has. Maybe a a series of missions (Spy, sabotage, rescue) to help Solaris United retrieve Shelved brain boxes to rescue/recruit to the cause.  Just saying. random thought that could get you standing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-06 at 8:07 PM, LnDeathLord said:

Syndicate Missions

I am not sure about the rest of you but has anyone NOT been getting EXTERMINATE mission in the listing? I get Defend/Mobile/Spy/Rescue/Capture/Intercept only now.. What happened to the Exterminate missions? This has been going on now for over a week.. Did they change it or remove that particular type of mission? Curious.

They show up for me a couple of times each week.

IS3Zm9n.png

 

On 2018-10-17 at 12:52 AM, Hecking_Birb said:

My point is that it's boring and repetitive to have to do a damn scavenger hunt just so getting standing doesn't take forever. Also, fairly certain I'm saying that while you can do it faster perhaps, you can't do it Better™.

By your notion, that makes everything in Warframe boring and repetitive.  Some of us happen to like this search-and-find minigame. A break from the everyday run-and-gun.

Nothing is 100% appealing to everybody, there will always be a group who will dislike something.  It's only an issue when the majority dislikes it.  And since the syndicate missions have been around for years, I'd say they are appealing enough for the majority.

ChJ7TG0.png

STILL. NOT. BORED. :cool:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...