Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Longer Dual Wield Glaive Charged Throw after the Update?

Duality52

After the Chimera Update, I couldn't help it but to notice that there's a longer time to charge any Glaives to throw out a charged throw while in Dual Wield form (a single-handed secondary with a Glaive). This gets noticeable with slower Glaives like the Orvius. Even faster glaives like the Glaive Prime also have this inconsistency too.

As a reference; in order to throw a charged throw of a Dual Wielded Glaive, you hold down the melee button and release it when your crosshairs turn blue. 

Is anyone experiencing a longer charge time too with their Glaives?

14 hours ago, GreensteelGenius said:

It would also appear that glaives no longer gain additional speed while "charged."

They still retain the faster speed when charged, but the new effects makes it too subtle.

Previously, there would be a orange-purple trail that indicates the charged throw from a dual wield stance. Now, it's blended into the same energy color.

Aside from the speed, the other way to tell if you thrown a charged throw is to detonate the Glaive in midair to return it to you early. Charged throws releases a very visible explosion while normal ones will not release any explosions as of now.

On 2018-10-15 at 10:40 AM, Duality52 said:

As a reference; in order to throw a charged throw of a Dual Wielded Glaive, you hold down the melee button and release it when your crosshairs turn blue. 

Is anyone experiencing a longer charge time too with their Glaives?

I've been running Dual Wield for a while now, and something I've noticed since Chimera came out is that you can no longer charge your glaive too long. There used to be a perfect release point that would result in a charged throw, but now I just hold down the melee without much care. This is sort of detrimental for the Orvius, as when I would go to throw it, if an enemy ran up on me I would purposely charge past the perfect charged throw point to not blow myself sky high. This is no longer the case for me. Anyone else?

il y a 6 minutes, SkullHavoc a dit :

I've been running Dual Wield for a while now, and something I've noticed since Chimera came out is that you can no longer charge your glaive too long. There used to be a perfect release point that would result in a charged throw, but now I just hold down the melee without much care. This is sort of detrimental for the Orvius, as when I would go to throw it, if an enemy ran up on me I would purposely charge past the perfect charged throw point to not blow myself sky high. This is no longer the case for me. Anyone else?

Actually for me going full charge to release still results in an uncharged throw. 

As for the timing is definitely messed up, my money is in it not counting attack speed mods anymore. I can't prove it because i have no footage from before but it feels about as long as old charged throw without Primed Fury.