Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Abilities

Nexosius

I just thought of this interesting idea of "Clan Abilities"

After a clan reaches a certain level, you can research and unlock this feature, allowing the founding members or high ranking members authorized by the founding warlord to create a unique ability for your warframe to use. It's like forging a zaw or an amp. You should be able to choose different features from categories such as gank, support and carry, but you can only have two features in your ability so it won't get too over powered. And under those categories, you should have more smaller options to optimize your ability, such as rhino's 4th ability + trinity's 4th ability = stepping on the ground and freezing all enemies while healing and reducing damage for your teammates at the same time. Of cource the power of those combined abilities should be reduces to a certain level so it won't disturb the whole gaming experience. And you have to get to a certain title in your clan and reach a certain rank before you can use these abilities. These abilities should only be allowed to be used for a limited amount of times per game.

12 minutes ago, Herculeos said:

You should be able to choose different features from categories such as gank, support and carry

*Repeating to my self* "I will not hostilize the Moba Player... I will not hostilize the Moba Player..."

Sorry but its a big No No No to this, not only would it require efforts from [DE] that they dont have to work on it, this would be too much of a power creep depending on the combinations you made and very impacting on the game servers.

Instead of special abilities, how about instead we get small but stacking boosts for all clanmates by either ranking up your clan or reaching certain member milestones? 

For example a credit booster that starts at a 2% bonus and goes upto 10% at max rank.

This would be useful for everyone and wouldn't make boosters obsolete either.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Instead of special abilities, how about instead we get small but stacking boosts for all clanmates by either ranking up your clan or reaching certain member milestones? 

For example a credit booster that starts at a 2% bonus and goes upto 10% at max rank.

I think a better idea would be encouraging clan members to play together rather then encouraging players to leave clans with max clan members and join clans without it just so they can get the boosters and repeat.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

I think a better idea would be encouraging clan members to play together rather then encouraging players to leave clans with max clan members and join clans without it just so they can get the boosters and repeat.

No no you misunderstand how this works, the boosters are permanent as long as you're in the clan that unlocked it, if you leave that clan then you lose the booster

6 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

No no you misunderstand how this works, the boosters are permanent as long as you're in the clan that unlocked it, if you leave that clan then you lose the booster

It might work if the clan members had the clan emblems but I think something like credit/resource boosters are too simple for this and anything more would be too destabilising for a clan especially if it's bound to research. It might be better if they were temporary boosters bound to clan events like winning a set amount of conclave matches as a clan team or beating the Eidolan 3, basically something that helps bring the clan together in an active sense rather then saying you're in the clan great here's booster. This way clans can earn anything they get.

22 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

*Repeating to my self* "I will not hostilize the Moba Player... I will not hostilize the Moba Player..."

Sorry but its a big No No No to this, not only would it require efforts from [DE] that they dont have to work on it, this would be too much of a power creep depending on the combinations you made and very impacting on the game servers.

I don't play moba, I didn't know how to name the categories so I googled it.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Absolutely, overall I think DE is doing too less with the clan system. They should add some feature, any feature that would benefit those people in the clans. And to be honest, the programming isn't actually that much work to do. (Thought the concept might be)

18 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

The thing is, you cannot encourage players to play togethor because there are just not enough features. That's why I'm suggesting adding more features so that the clan system can be more useful.

39 minutes ago, Herculeos said:

thing is, you cannot encourage players to play togethor because there are just not enough features

This is a really bad sentence. Its like saying i cannot jump because i am not standing up. Like what? I know lol

11 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

the boosters are permanent as long as you're in the clan that unlocked it, if you leave that clan then you lose the booster

Oh i got ya. I still think this is is to small and doesnt encourage people join clans more than a clan exclusive weapon would. 

@Herculeos i still say no to this even after i understand what you mean better because it doesnt make a clan feel more like a clan. 

5 hours ago, Cuchullin said:

It might be better if they were temporary boosters bound to clan events like winning a set amount of conclave matches as a clan team or beating the Eidolan 3, basically something that helps bring the clan together in an active sense rather then saying you're in the clan great here's booster. This way clans can earn anything they get

This is what i would prefer ^ Beautiful way of encouraging clan members to get together, work hard, and get an awesome reward for that work thats given to possibly the whole clan! Think it would even be pretty neat to have statues of their warfrane and psn name somewhere in the dojo showing what theyve done i.g. most resources donated over the past 3 months. 

Something that brings clans together, encourage them to play together, with satisfying rewards after.

A few years ago i made a post about clan "mods" and the dojo. Very short version is that you coud focus on different paths with the "mods". Kind of like an altar, and the more you did they higher the return.

The dojo would also work as a rpg element where you could choose a task when offline, giving passive bonuses. Thus players that werent online as much as others would still benefit the clan with passive bonuses. Active clans could also reach higher levels of bonuses from the altar-mods.

3 hours ago, Lactamid said:

The dojo would also work as a rpg element where you could choose a task when offline, giving passive bonuses. Thus players that werent online as much as others would still benefit the clan with passive bonuses. Active clans could also reach higher levels of bonuses from the altar-mods.

So a possible use for the oracle room which could give it a practical use beyond being a base room which unlocks all the other labs?

Never bothered with which room. Could be a new one idk. But the idea was something along the line with that you did things to get bonuses. Maybe offer resources, fight xyz, etc. And when you logged off you could work in the dojo, ie in the cargobay, hangar, adminiatration w/e. And maybe your harvesters gained more resources, they worked faster, you earned intrest on cash or gained black market standing with people that might offer random gear (like syndicate weapons, cheaper bps, bps with other requirements or prime parts that you might not be able to get). You could take it anywhere.

Perhaps I should clarify. When I suggested using the Oracle room as a means for gaining those bonuses I meant it like an interactive area that provides clan bounties like in Cetus with Konzu. For example with the Carpus hologram you can have Corpus related missions, same with the Grineer and Infested  holograms. Or as an alternative you can have it as a drop off point for spy missions where once you reach a certain amount of spy missions and drop the information off you get an advancement in whatever associated research or mod or some kind of reward as a result.

What I was thinking about is this-in the Oracle you have threee statues. You go to them and select one example Corpus and you load into the Corpus missions you selected. Keep in mind this will be completly new mission modes (not defense/survival/exterminate etc. ,but a new mission type) In these missions 2 (minimal ammount) or more clan memebers can join where the rewards and drop chances are higer,but with a cost. Enemies will be higher level than regular,and have higer armour/speed/damage or debuffs for players (less health,shields,speed,armour etc.). At the end of the mission there will be a boss of some sort where players have to kill it in order to extract.

More clam members results in bigger rewards and more dificult enemies that are tougher

This concept is like Trials and I've only read about them but I think this concept that I mentioned is similar to long-vaulted missions.

Hopefuly I explained it so everybody can understand it. If not,sorry I tried my best. It is hard to explain the idea you have inside your head the way that everbody can understand.

Edited by LazerMaxim

On 2018-10-18 at 1:54 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yep. I'd love to see more done with clans, and this is a good way of doing it. As an example, you could: Give a 1% boost to credits, resource amount, or drop chance, (maybe even do) per clan rank. Let the clan vote / choose which of the three to allocate their boost into, farther personalizing clan experience.