Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haloween Juggernaut

Azariahz

This is by far the worst mission I have played in Warframe. The boss fight is very frustrating as he easily charges into unreachable parts of the map, charges sideways or sometimes just doesn't charge for minutes at a time. As a coop game, this mission is even worse with more people as the "objective" is very unclear and team work is impossible. You can't even revive other players without getting downed by swarms of enemies, some of which are completely invisible.

Un-fun, Thumbs down 😞

you sprint through the level find two keys and then pop pumpkin stacks while getting him to move into the fire. best approach is to smash the pumpkin stack while he's at close range to maximize the damage. I did it solo in less than 10 minutes. 

It is foggy and the infested are 'ghosts' however its extremely simple.

Edited by Babellon

I don't think it was the boss mechanics per say, I actually thought those where kinda interesting, it was the rest of the tweaks that where just strait up irritating. 

• Taking away powers/abilities
  • Taking away weapons
  • Tanking away the players ability to see more than ~5ft in front of them

Couple those with the lack of mission direction..... Oh hey it says it's a Sabotage but when you get in plays an Extermination prompt..... fumble your way to the locked door and sit around in the dark trying to figure out what even the what this stupid door is expecting us to do other than bring it power cells..... do they drop from enemies? am I supposed to go find them in the level? Who knows? Fun fact apparently you are supposed to go hack a terminal and bring the door the cores and it shows up as a tiny | indicator on your mini map and that's all the prompting you get....

Then you get to the boss and again I actually kinda think that the "use environmental effects" thing was kinda interesting.

That said they where shooting for tense and for me all they managed was irritating. It felt like I was playing Moria Simulator 2018 because by the second mission I was ignoring everything and just navigating as best I could by my minimap. Got to the third time trial and I initially dipped with a "I don't think I want a Reactor that badly" friend re-invited me and I strait up messaged them "dude, can I just buy you a reactor instead?". Ended up playing that game and the same friend that inviting me ended up rage quitting after becoming stuck on/in essentially a black nothingness, presumably some sort of unseeable terrain whatever. 

Edit: 

Forgot the timer........ that was also kinda not great....... cause we did end up beating the Pumpkin Juggernaut at like 670 and I kinda breathed a sigh of "thank god this is finally over". NOPE it keeps counting down until you get to extraction...... so if you beat the Pumpkingnaught by the skin of your teeth enjoy fumbling around in the dark trying to find extraction while the timer nopes you out of the score you needed to qualify. Total super funzies~

Edited by Oreades

The mission becomes much much easier knowing that all warframe passive abilities and mod passives still work. Go with a Inaros for fast self-revive, put Rejuvenatiuon + Coaction drift for auto healing (and if you go in a team with friend the effect is amazing, you can even resist Jugg charges), Handspring, toxic resistance, etc. Helps survivability a lot.

As for the boss, i too find it infuriating that after 4 years it's still getting stuck into the tree, or between rocks, not able to come outside. And for this st#@_d level design you have to abort, retry and pray it doesn't get stuck again. Happened three times in a row with my friends, the first time it managed to unstuck after painfully long 30 seconds, the other 2 times it didn't so we just quit the game. If only DE played its own game... 

This is just the worst mission EVER i did in more than 10 years of MMO. Its frustratiing infuriating and the best one to make poeple leave the game. This missoin need to be deleted and the drunken guy who came with this horrible design need to be fired !

Edited by Asberdies

I liked the mission. Simple modifications of the game, but quite eerie. I failed the first two times, but then found out that mods still work, so with Firewalker, Handspring, Constitution and some helpfule auras it worked pretty well. The boss getting stuck was not much of a problem, gave me some time to catch a breath. Well, at least until the time-attack version, in that case him getting stuck was annoying.

On 2018-10-22 at 4:08 AM, DebrisFlow said:

The mission becomes much much easier knowing that all warframe passive abilities and mod passives still work. Go with a Inaros for fast self-revive, put Rejuvenatiuon + Coaction drift for auto healing (and if you go in a team with friend the effect is amazing, you can even resist Jugg charges), Handspring, toxic resistance, etc. Helps survivability a lot.

Thanks DebrisFlow, I'll have to retry it with a better mod setup, hopefully that will make it at least bearable.

Do use the electric jump mod (lightning dash). you can stun infested when you leap and it prevents the crowds from getting to you if you keep jumping.

And yeah, Rejuvenation is good to have.

Considering Inaros' passive, does the drain work on the jugg? Is someone willing to try it with the bleedout mods?