The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Search the Dead seems like a dumb ability. And if it's a 3 ability, quite costly just for an increased chance to drop items.

Excalibur's 3rd ability, Super Jump, only costs 10 energy.

As long as it searches bodies in a radius of around 15-20 meters, anything up to 50 energy cost should be fine.

Search for dead , i think i got it activate during some random bug (happen on boss run , hek or the one who drop ash) had to press "x" to loot from corpse was weird  but useless unless you guy planning to lower ammo and others stuff droping , also this would mean body stay more time to be able to do the search right? meaning potential ways to make your Tenno (even more if Body stay until the necro search for it)

2TP2PHE.jpg

You heard it right Tenno, new abilities for Necro are in the works! We discussed our current plans and are interested in your thoughts and discussion.

Please post all discussion about Necro abilities here so we can easily keep track.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

Change SEARCH THE DEAD to ESSENCE FEED. and Clone the dead to Dopplegangers

1 - Sounds good, even as late-game short cost power

2 - Sounds interesting, still need more details to be sure

3 - Useless, doesnt really feel like a Warframe power, more like a rare mod ... honestly liked Life Drain better, it could even instead of recovering X health to the Necro, it could recover X divided by allies nearby to each ally, would make him a more useful teammate, specially versus poison enemies.

4 - This works ONLY if Necro kills things ? mhm ... i rather have him revive any dead foe around him, or even, revive weaker versions of the enemies if necro didnt kill him, otherwise, if a Necro has a Nova on his team, hes never gonna use this power unless Nova allows him to ...

Beating on a dead horse:

Please please please don't give Necro "Search the corpse". I will take the daring position that the skill is fine and can be useful on occasion, but it doesn't fit on a supernatural frame like Necro. Give it to the Falcon frame, or another frame down to earth, say one themed around hunting that sustain itself by killing stuff and then searching their corpse.

Necro is a frame themed around dead, dead is decay, make him a dedicated debuffer.

You already have ability 1 and 2 that are great debuffs (fear and armor reduction), go farther by making his 3 a debuff to damage and/or firing speed. 

What I had in mind (personally, plenty of ideas in this thread): Make his 3 reduce damage in an AOE, and make it become stronger on those affected for every of their ally that dies near them. Example: You cast the debuff on 15 enemies, and they all lose 20% damage because of the debuff, for every enemy that dies, the debuff becomes 50% stronger on the remaining enemies making it 30% damage reduction up until a cap on whatever's left of the 15 enemies. 

Now that's a skill that can turn the tide of the battle without clearing a room by pressing 4 (or 3 for that matter). 

Edited by Kinperor

Wait...are people actually complaining about an ability that makes it easier to farm in Warframe? A game built around the concept that everything has to be done ten fold to get an outcome. Or did Nova spoil us so we all want an ability that just blows everything up?

We're complaining about it because it doesn't actually make it easier to farm, all it does is gives us extra ammo and energy, which we already get enough of.

It's a lame ability on an potentially awesome Warframe, it doesn't fit it's them, literally ANYONE with hands can search a damn corpse. It's a waste of Energy and it's a waste of Mod Points, and most depressingly, it's a waste of potential.

Should really change the name of the 4th ability... Clone the dead just isn't flowing for me... When I think of the ability clone the dead I think of Orochimaru's  impure world resurrection, or Edo Tensei in Japanese. Those are cool names for cloning dead people... Simply calling it clone the dead which is exactly what its doing sounds rather plain. Its like calling "World On Fire" "Run around and set things ablaze" LOL... I don't know what you should call it, but it should be fancy like what you did with World On Fire... Like "Call of the Dead" "Cry of the Fallen" maybe "Second Coming" "Vengeful Agony" "Wail of the suffering" " Second Dead" "Mirrored dead" " Familiar faces" "Familiar Horrors" "Faces of the Fallen" "Recreation of the Dead" "Rebirth of the Dead" "God of the Dead" "Shinigami" "Death God" "Playing God" "Playing Death God" "The Call of the Death God" "Life, and Death"...

You know things like the above... or something else...

We're complaining about it because it doesn't actually make it easier to farm, all it does is gives us extra ammo and energy, which we already get enough of.

It's a lame ability on an potentially awesome Warframe, it doesn't fit it's them, literally ANYONE with hands can search a damn corpse. It's a waste of Energy and it's a waste of Mod Points, and most depressingly, it's a waste of potential.

In the tooltip it says (Health, Energy, Ammo, etc.) etc isn't just for show

Should really change the name of the 4th ability... Clone the dead just isn't flowing for me... When I think of the ability clone the dead I think of Orochimaru's  impure world resurrection, or Edo Tensei in Japanese. Those are cool names for cloning dead people... Simply calling it clone the dead which is exactly what its doing sounds rather plain. Its like calling "World On Fire" "Run around and set things ablaze" LOL... I don't know what you should call it, but it should be fancy like what you did with World On Fire... Like "Call of the Dead" "Cry of the Fallen" maybe "Second Coming" "Vengeful Agony" "Wail of the suffering" " Second Dead" "Mirrored dead" " Familiar faces" "Familiar Horrors" "Faces of the Fallen" "Recreation of the Dead" "Rebirth of the Dead" "God of the Dead" "Shinigami" "Death God" "Playing God" "Playing Death God" "The Call of the Death God" "Life, and Death"...

You know things like the above... or something else...

I agree with this guy too.More extravagant names for the first and fourth ability please^_^

And yes im against search the dead too.

They said ECT at the end you friggin IDIOT

I agree with this guy too.More extravagant names for the first and fourth ability please^_^

And yes im against search the dead too.

Calling it for what the first ability is "Soul punch" is manly and got balls man... Its like the "Elbow Rocket" from Pacific Rim... it takes balls from the developers to name it something like that...