Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bastille Target Cap & Removal Of Vortex Trolls

Volt_Cruelerz

cutting back on trolling is nice, but im not sure how i feel about the bas nerf.

its a fairly heavy nerf, even without them telling us what kind of numbers they have in mind.

will make getting to 50+ a lot harder, though perhaps we will see an influx of more skilled players and people who have better team work due to it... maybe.

cutting back on trolling is nice, but im not sure how i feel about the bas nerf.

its a fairly heavy nerf, even without them telling us what kind of numbers they have in mind.

will make getting to 50+ a lot harder, though perhaps we will see an influx of more skilled players and people who have better team work due to it... maybe.

With the upcoming damage rework, and Steve confirming that not all enemies are meant to have armour, getting to 50+ may actually be easier.

I bet you're a dirty nova user who's happy that nova is all alone in God-tier >:(

lol jk, still upset about Vauban's nerf though

I main Volt and Nova though still want M-Prime nerfed.

I am not a big fan of the nerf but if they dare relate it to frosts snow globe and get the idea to nerf frost then the gloves are coming off -.-

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Snow Globe's one-way invulnerability.  I've been opposed to it ever since it was introduced.  That said, Frost's other abilities need buffs.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I am not a big fan of the nerf but if they dare relate it to frosts snow globe and get the idea to nerf frost then the gloves are coming off -.-

oh ya i see a damage absorb cap on snow globe coming. at this point thats the "only" way it could be balanced seeing as how overheat and bastille getting nerfed and iron skin long since made crappy.

i assume that there will be some sort of limit to what it effects and to what degree, but we will just have to wait and see.

Yeah, but if there isn't a limit, then vauban simply gets swapped for necro (esp as necro degrades armor, and can make clones, so it's kinda like a bigger mind control, only enemies aren't killing enemies really)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Eh, necro's terror totem seems to replace bastile really, freezes X enemies and causes the rest to flee, so really, I don't see why they nerfed bastille.

At that, it wasn't even like "oh yeah, bastille caps out at x enemies now. Good news though, y ability now gives +15 to z!" Nope. Just nerf. Tesla and Vortex in their current iterations are just power sinks.

With the armor rework, Tesla and Vortex may see usefulness again, but it still worries me that they didn't explicitly state that they're trying to make him viable all around while nerfing his only good skill.

oh ya i see a damage absorb cap on snow globe coming. at this point thats the "only" way it could be balanced seeing as how overheat and bastille getting nerfed and iron skin long since made crappy.

I hate playing Frost, but I'll be pretty upset if they do that. It will probably have 5000 health or something like that... it will last as long as a Decoy xD

At that, it wasn't even like "oh yeah, bastille caps out at x enemies now. Good news though, y ability now gives +15 to z!" Nope. Just nerf. Tesla and Vortex in their current iterations are just power sinks.

With the armor rework, Tesla and Vortex may see usefulness again, but it still worries me that they didn't explicitly state that they're trying to make him viable all around while nerfing his only good skill.

Yeah, and they didn't say terror totem only works on X enemies total, they said it freezes X enemies, the rest run away. Which for infested is BETTER in some ways than bastille, because this makes infested have to travel again and again, instead of slowly inching forward possibly.

Yeah, and they didn't say terror totem only works on X enemies total, they said it freezes X enemies, the rest run away. Which for infested is BETTER in some ways than bastille, because this makes infested have to travel again and again, instead of slowly inching forward possibly.

For now, all we can do is welcome our new, necrotic overlord.

175 energy for what, like 10-15 seconds of crowd control?

10-15sec is MUCH more than enough for any competent group to clear out a hoarded pod, with enough energy drops for the vauban to do it agian... twice........ just for sh!ts and giggles. (while he's bouncing you and laughing)

10-15sec is MUCH more than enough for any competent group to clear out a hoarded pod, with enough energy drops for the vauban to do it agian... twice........ just for sh!ts and giggles. (while he's bouncing you and laughing)

As Vauban, usually i have to recast Bastille a couple of times on higher defense waves before everything is cleared, that is my experience. If every time to make Bastille useful i have to supplement it with Vortex, it is not viable anymore. Skill synergy is fine but an ultimate should not exist purely to fix the shortcomings of another ability.

As Vauban, usually i have to recast Bastille a couple of times on higher defense waves before everything is cleared, that is my experience. If every time to make Bastille useful i have to supplement it with Vortex, it is not viable anymore. Skill synergy is fine but an ultimate should not exist purely to fix the shortcomings of another ability.

Don't get me wrong, i actually agree with you on your opinion on bastille.

I'm just be an asshat.

@Noogums

I think that the only reason that the Railgun MOA's shoot through it is that they have technically infinite puncture on their shots (it used to be that they didn't need to see you to shoot at you, only spawn...and they could shoot through multiple tiles worth of walls to get to you and hit you). So I am led to believe that it is a bug relating to the infinite puncture and player puncture cant get into the orb.

Though I will say that that skill having a weakness to enemies with puncture is a good thing as no skill should be overall perfect.