Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad riven challenge

(XBOX)A weedy Girl

I have a riven with the challenge ' kill 9 wild animals with a fishing spear with a pet present'. 

Ive just spent 40 minutes going back and forth on the plains and im at 3/9 , because hardly anything spawns!

And the stupid little rat things , when they do appear they run a few meters and then drop dead!

Seriously , what the hell?

I dont mind a challenge but this is just boring as hell , and when ive got limited playtime I dont want to spend half of it looking for animals that barely spawn.

Your best bet, is if you have volt (because of his passive), just enter and exit the plains a bunch. Usually when you load in, theres a couple of birds on the right. Its faster than what you're doing.

Edited by Azara.

6 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

I'm having a thought.

Can you kill wild kubrows with the fishing spear? If so, does it count? I've yet to get this challenge so I don't know 😞

no it needs to be from the plains.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)A weedy Girl said:

I have a riven with the challenge ' kill 9 wild animals with a fishing spear with a pet present'. 

Ive just spent 40 minutes going back and forth on the plains and im at 3/9 , because hardly anything spawns!

And the stupid little rat things , when they do appear they run a few meters and then drop dead!

Seriously , what the hell?

I dont mind a challenge but this is just boring as hell , and when ive got limited playtime I dont want to spend half of it looking for animals that barely spawn.

I bring Ivara, her sleep arrow stops their movement making it easier to kill them the only. I would say use the Synthesis scanner to look for them but that might be annoying on xbox when compared to PC (though some people dont like it on PC too)

Just now, hellodownthere said:

no it needs to be from the plains.

I bring Ivara, her sleep arrow stops their movement making it easier to kill them the only. I would say use the Synthesis scanner to look for them but that might be annoying on xbox when compared to PC (though some people dont like it on PC too)

Ah ok, dang. Well now I know for when I get that challenge, thanks!

@OP then yeah, I'd recommend taking a CC frame to slow them down. There's usually 3 groups of the rabbit things around teh Cetus gate going left, straight, and right.

Use archwing and slowly comb through the landscape is better for me. Then use Slowva which would highlight the critters, slow the buggers + funnily enough if you kill 1 and if others that are running away dies from being primed, it also counts as a kill with a spear. Atleast thats my way of doing it.