Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for Gara advice and build

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

Players helping players will be a better place to post this subject.

As a Gara player, I can advise you to build him with duration and efficiency. The 2 is refresh by the 4 so first cast 2 on you, cast 4 when your 2 is about to fade away then cast 1 to broke the glasses being outside of it. The damages will stack to your 2. Repeat this until the end of the mission while using your 2 on others too and you will be able to do HUGE damages without taking a hit and using guns or melee.

il y a 9 minutes, (PS4)MegaToxic a dit :

Thanks. I always thought her 4 was used like Frost Snow Globe. 

Nope, it's not. It's meant to be exploded when a lots of enemies are on your radar and be recast then. 

It's almost useless to have it longer than your 2 time.

Gara is a very nervous frame, you must be active and that's why I love her.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Why augur message ? You got 90% ( if I remember well) damage reduction from the 2. Your HP don't get chew that easy so I don't think it's so effective to have it on Gara.

It's for splinter storm. You get max DR and you have it last for nearly a minute.

2 hours ago, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

Any recommendation on what melee weapon works best with gara? I have Gram Prime on, though I haven't put a catalyst on it yet. Only melee weapon I have with a catalyst is Nikana Prime.

Well that depends on what you want to do for your 1. You can hold it in for a slashing motion, that's boosted by a melee that's got a IPS slash focus while the simple projectile is puncture based and is boosted the exact same way just with puncture IPS.

Well I don't have access to Primed mods (yet) so this is what I did with mine.

Gara%20Build_zpscggjpg2x.png

Gave her as much energy, armour & health as I could, then figured the only thing left to improve was her shield (even though they don't seem to matter much). Maxed efficiency & strength to get most bang for your buck, as far as energy use is concerned. Just stuck the Arcane Nullifer in because I could (it was either that or the shotgun one).

At some point I'll just pop another forma in there to re-polarise the Augur Message mod slot.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

28 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Gave her as much energy, armour & health as I could, then figured the only thing left to improve was her shield (even though they don't seem to matter much). Maxed efficiency & strength to get most bang for your buck, as far as energy use is concerned. Just stuck the Arcane Nullifer in because I could (it was either that or the shotgun one).

At some point I'll just pop another forma in there to re-polarise the Augur Message mod slot.

Dont need redirection,steel fiber or armored agility when you have 90% damage reduction with 129% power strength. Get your duration higher.  

Having only 20-30 seconds of splinter goes by way to fast. Nothing sucks more than building your damage , running around killing then realizing you just ran out of time before refreshing. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)selfproclaimed said:

Dont need redirection,steel fiber or armored agility when you have 90% damage reduction with 129% power strength. Get your duration higher.  

Having only 20-30 seconds of splinter goes by way to fast. Nothing sucks more than building your damage , running around killing then realizing you just ran out of time before refreshing. 

Unnecessary, as I don't spam abilities. I still use my weapons most of the time. 30 seconds is usually more than enough. Also, Augur Message is the only mod I've got that increases duration and I can get that up to 20% with another forma. No reason not to buff armour & shields as there's nothing else I can use.

Can do over 1k damage with Shattered Lash, 300/sec with Splinter Storm and raise a wall with nearly 4k health with Mass Vitrify. Not too shabby IMO.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

At some point I'll just pop another forma in there to re-polarise the Augur Message mod slot

try replacing redirection and vitality with vigor then run T1 defense to c rotation (wave 20) for continuity (it has a 10% drop chance)  she can do this solo if you go to mercury.  after that try to do the derelict (this can now be soloed and she is a good frame to do it with (do capture and place her 2 on the capture target as it will debuff them) to farm narrow-minded this will make her build a lot less maintenance and more run and gun.  she does not have enough EHP to do later content without shatter shield up.  

Il y a 1 heure, FlusteredFerret a dit :

Unnecessary, as I don't spam abilities. I still use my weapons most of the time. 30 seconds is usually more than enough. Also, Augur Message is the only mod I've got that increases duration and I can get that up to 20% with another forma. No reason not to buff armour & shields as there's nothing else I can use.

Can do over 1k damage with Shattered Lash, 300/sec with Splinter Storm and raise a wall with nearly 4k health with Mass Vitrify. Not too shabby IMO.

You are litterally wasting Gara capacity with this build. 

Get rid of this Armored Agility, Redirection and Steel Fiber too. Upgrading Gara armor is useless because is base armor is almost inexistant. 110% of nothing is nothing. The only way to have a good defense is his 2.

Take that off, put mobility, duration and efficiency.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

To each their own. But your build is good for low level stuff. Plain and simple. And 1k damage on shattered, 300 per sec splinter.. Is peanuts. Sorry.

Edited by (PS4)selfproclaimed

Read this....love this....move on with life.   Do not try and think of gara as frost.  It is not how her kit is built.   Realize that her kit is all about synergy (other than her  3 if  being honest).   

Edited by Chappie1975