Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Operator as meatshield

Jinryusai

Time and time again people have gone into Operator form to avoid death.

Well, how about this.

Holding down 5 makes the operator spawn in front of warframe. Shielding it while still linked to it for a duration. That duration depends on the Operator energy. You would be able to shoot over the Operators shoulder. 

How much damage the Operator can take depends on the Operators health and defense and jus maybe have that mechanic that iron skin like powers has to give Operator def/health a bit of a boost.

That way folks don't always have to go into operator mode to survive a bit longer. This gives a bit of a survival boost allowing folks to mod their frames a bit differently depending on how much def/health they gave their Operator vis focus, etc.

Guess it would add a bit of a dynamic to modding...Perhaps allowing folks to mod a bit different.

Technically, it would be the Operators shielding their frames from dmg as it is far too precious to them. They use their tough bodies as a meatshield as they shoot over their own shoulders.

Edited by Jinryusai

Or they can just learn to take cover or use the Operator to head to cover and heal before attacking again.

In my case, i main Zephyr so i rarely have to use Operator as a getaway option and i also main Vazarin so i dont have much problem with healing my self in battle, i just jump into my Operator and dash through my warframe to recover its health almost entirely.

59 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

That is soooo rude 😦

Using those little kids as meat shields!

Instead they could use their void magic to create some kind of barrier to protect the frame. (almost like vazarin, but automatic).

Well, they are sacrificed quite often to protect the frame. Technically, it would be the Operators shielding their frames from dmg as it is far too precious for them. They use their tough bodies as a meatshield. 🙂

Edited by Jinryusai

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Or they can just learn to take cover or use the Operator to head to cover and heal before attacking again.

In my case, i main Zephyr so i rarely have to use Operator as a getaway option and i also main Vazarin so i dont have much problem with healing my self in battle, i just jump into my Operator and dash through my warframe to recover its health almost entirely.

Well, it's for folks w/ other trees maxed out anyway.

Imagine how interesting things could be.

If Operator form was a vulnerability?

And getting killed as an Operator, was a mission failing 'real' death. instead of this, auto warp back into warframe thing and free repeat thing.

The warframe is supposed to be an armor that protects that vulnerable true bodies of the operators, be nice if it actually played that way...

would make the sentient/eidolon fights potentially challenging... only expose your operator form at critical moments when you need to deal void damage, and quickly hide them away as soon as possible, high risk/reward

1 hour ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Imagine how interesting things could be.

If Operator form was a vulnerability?

And getting killed as an Operator, was a mission failing 'real' death. instead of this, auto warp back into warframe thing and free repeat thing.

The warframe is supposed to be an armor that protects that vulnerable true bodies of the operators, be nice if it actually played that way...

would make the sentient/eidolon fights potentially challenging... only expose your operator form at critical moments when you need to deal void damage, and quickly hide them away as soon as possible, high risk/reward

Well, you could play this way by not using armor/health mods and using meaty Operator to avoid death.

However, think of this as Operator retreating to Warframe before death. It actually makes sense.

You mean using your own body to shield your heavily armored inanimate war machine from damage?

It'd make more sense to just project a void shield around your warframe, or even simpler, just have holding 5 switch you to void mode operator instantly. 

Having on demand instant invincibility on every frame without having to switch to your operator first seems kinda goofy to me 

4 hours ago, Greenshockclaw said:

You mean using your own body to shield your heavily armored inanimate war machine from damage?

It'd make more sense to just project a void shield around your warframe, or even simpler, just have holding 5 switch you to void mode operator instantly. 

Having on demand instant invincibility on every frame without having to switch to your operator first seems kinda goofy to me 

Well, that was your idea anyway.

Although some warframes arent heavily armored and beefed up Operators have more armor than them. Would allow somewhat different warframe builds.

However, the operator can have the void shield around herself at first that wears off like a normal shield then they take the dmg and retreat to warframe to heal and restore energy used up by controlling warframe and shielding it.

Well, this does act as a little bit of a cover system, but the operator only blocks so many bullets as opposed to a cover system. It's like kinda standing behind another warframe.

Considering how long it takes to beef up your kid, it's not so bad if every warframe got this as this is only effective w/ an operator beefed up w/ defense and health w/ all that focus and most tend to spend that focus on things other than a beefy operator.

Another idea on top of this would be in a focus tree, a skill that puts the operator in void mode and she absorbs a certain amount of bullets, although she won't move like she would if she were shielding you.