Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

thoughts on lesion

tdf113

Question

Good day all.

I've been researching around trying to find the "best" polearm weapon around. In the research I did I discovered that approximately this weapon is the lesion although it's range isn't the greatest. Now the information I did find was at least 1 year old or older so I don't know if things have changed since then.

Looking forward to all comments.

9 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, tdf113 said:

"best" polearm weapon around

The goal of polearms / staves are to mow down many enemies with great range and attack speed. You can do this with massive crit, status & condition overload (CO), or a hybrid of the two. If you do not have condition overload running status is not as effective as crit for the most part. I recommend leveling the guandao, tipedo, and lesion. Build the guandao for crit, build the lesion for status, tipedo for hyprid. Get mastery from them all! Figure out the balance of crit and status that you prefer with your weapon. Build a zaw that matches that balance.

Test those 3: guandao, lesion, and tipedo, and you'll have an idea of which you want to run. I prefer massive crit weapons, and made a puncture based zaw (Balla Koostra Vargeet II Jai) and it is my favorite weapon to run for general missions.

Zaw's are the worst grind of the 3 weapons so invest in them once you know what you want (also maybe melee 3.0 will be out by then).

Side note: elemental enhancement type missions should be run with high crit physical damage weapons. Running status elemental on those missions is lower DPS up to lvl 100 enemies due to their innate elemental resistance. If you don't know about elemental enhancement missions, ignore this.

Lesion is pretty good and its gimmick allows some interesting combo options for CO,

Guandao is terrible at status but works great as a crit centric polearm.

The Zaws (especially the Plague ones) can be made to suit your playstyle and are some of the best weapons in game which can work either way , Crit or Status or hybrid.

This flexibility is one of the reasons they are considered one of the best.

The Zaw arcanes are also quite useful.

9 hours ago, Kebast said:

If you like lesion, you can make a Zaw with similar stats, but double the range. Lesion is a powerful weapon, but the short range kills it for me

Yes that will work well for me.

4 hours ago, Lluminate said:

If you're thinking about building a Zaw, you may find this website useful to you!

https://semlar.com/zawcalc

Thank you. I'm sure I'll find that extremely useful.