Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recently Banned from Trading

(XBOX)GI M NASTY

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

What I am saying is that they don’t enforce trade promises which practically means if someone rips you off then their is nothing they can do about it because they don’t enforce trade promises. So if this is the case and they don’t enforce people giving you things for promise then me getting banned shouldn’t be a punishment. I’m not trying saying that enforcing is punishing I’m saying that me getting banned goes against this whole idea of we do not enforcing trade promises. 

You clearly do not understand that the two words have nothing to do with each other.

The warning is there for the person who would accept a trade for a promise, so they know that there's nothing DE can do to get them what they wanted from the trade in the first place.

You getting banned is entirely justified.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sadly no, posh southern.

Which sure, isn't quite the same, but given I grew up in Essex it's a massive step up!

Same, moved away asap and lost the chav-twang was born in Enfield Chase hospital - I'm lucky to be alive, i'm a survivor haha

And for the nostalgia "how do you know if an Essex girl has been using the computer? Tipp-ex on the screen"

b-dum tssch

Just now, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

And me promising them something and getting in trouble for it goes against the trade promises

Nope. Going against the trade promise would be them forcing you to give the person what you said you would.

Punishing you is just preventing you from being a jerk to others in the future. Separate issues. 

1 minute ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

What I wanna know is, at what point did it become evident you won't going to fulfill your side of the deal? Did you promise you were going to farm a mod for him then just blocked the guy or what?

I promised something a mod and never gave it which means I made a “trade promise” which the DE’s don’t enforce

Just now, Erytroxylin said:

Nope. Going against the trade promise would be them forcing you to give the person what you said you would.

Punishing you is just preventing you from being a jerk to others in the future. Separate issues. 

This right here. Have a free upvote

3 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

What I wanna know is, at what point did it become evident you won't going to fulfill your side of the deal? Did you promise you were going to farm a mod for him then just blocked the guy or what?

you need to give us more details, theres too many blanks in this story, what exact mod was it, etc, what words were exchanged etc etc

1 minute ago, Erytroxylin said:

And if they can’t force me to give the item then what’s the issue

1 minute ago, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

I promised something a mod and never gave it which means I made a “trade promise” which the DE’s don’t enforce

Apparently I'm not a very good teacher.

No wait, I'm a great teacher. You're a terrible student.

And if they can’t force me to give the item then what’s the issue

For example, its difficult to enforce not drinking and driving to everyone, however, once you are caught, you get punished.  Obviously different but similar interms of the punishment after the fact. 

Some trash riven

Some trash riven, the plot thickens, one mans trash another mans gold.

But then again I've heard people refer to rivens for the lanka and rubico as trash.

There's just that small detail of WHY he let you trade something which wasn't part of the deal, unless there is something super fishy / a bug you can replicate in trading which you were using to your advantage?

Who knows, clearly the kid isn't remotely remorseful, just pissed he got caught and trying to get out of it on a technicality.

Snowflakes eh

Just now, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

I’m not saying their related dude I’m saying one if a result of the other 

Not really, a player would've filed a report of abuse etc they would've investigated and saw you clearly lied about your intentions, it wasn't that you didn't uphold your part of the bargain or even attempted to, it's the fact you (potentially, evidence pending eh) clearly had no intention of honouring the deal in the first place.