Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive vs Archwing

Tazdingoo

Really enjoy using the K-drive currently but its so rare to find a squad where everyone uses it. Managed to only get one and it was awesome seeing us K-drive together.

Other times, it's just people launching an archwing to the mission area and straight back to the exit.

Yeah it may not seem like a problem now since the update just came out but eventually I feel the K-drives may end up redundant unless you're playing with friends who prefer it.

I initally thought the K-drive was a solution to the limited archwing use we had back in PoE but since they changed that to unlimited too, what's the point of investing in time grinding (pun intended) for K-drive standing and mods?

K drive is more fun. Therefore it wins. Plus you can say with a straight face that you are a space ninja on a flying skateboard with a sniper rifle, a laser pistol, and a flying frisbee of death (glaive) while you hunt small animals with your robot chicken companion for the sake of natural conservation. Now in what other "Serious" game can you say that and actually mean it?

What sort of weird logic is this that people think that just because K-Drive are new things they NEED to necessarily be 139573987 times better than AW in every single way? Not every new weapon they add is better than the previous batch, but that doesn't stop them from being F U N.

If your teammates don't want to use K-Drives and prefer AW, that's their problem. And in all seriousness, who the heck thought that a hoverboard would be "faster" than something that allows you to literally fly around?

The point is: they are fun. They are definitely less clunky than AW too. People should stop crybabying around because a K-Drive trip from point A to point B is 23.56% slower if you just equiped an Archwing and flew straight into it.

K-drive is fun to mess around with every now and then but the archwing is much more efficient.  You can also use your guns and archwing abilities with it.  Hmmm there's a ton of bad guys that I need to fight, which probably more effective?  Using the fast jet(space?) pack with built in weapons and abilities that I can also use my main gun with or the much slower K-drive that has no special abilities besides gnarly tricks and disables all my weapons?

K-Drive is more fun yes, but in terms of a grind game efficiency is king. I have been in teams where 3 others were using k drive, I archwinged and had the objective completed and was halfway to second before they ever even got close to the first objective. That is why we use archwings instead.

Now this here, this is one of those subjective things.

Some people like K-Drive more. Some people like Archwing more. What we have now is a choice.

Neither choice is wrong, just different.

I sit on the Archwing side of that choice, the K-Drive simply does not interest me in the slightest and hasn't interested me since the moment it was shown off. That just means it wasn't for me. But I do appreciate that DE has developed a new experience for the players who enjoy zipping around on the ground and playing with the new toy. Liking something different doesn't make a player wrong, it just means they have a difference preference.

3 hours ago, vomder said:

If the rep earned via the K-drives was faster and better. I'd imagine more players would be encouraged to use them regularly. Right now they are inefficient in regards to gaining rep not only for the vent kids but also solaris.

this exactly. id like to add that there is no ground combo extender like manual as seen in tony hawk's pro skater, SSX, Matt Hoffman's etc. you jump perform some tricks for meager points and then land. it performs weirdly on MKB. id rather use archwing. pesky mountains lol.

A lot of people don't seem to like archwing so K-drive is probably a good alternative for them. I however like archwing and don't really enjoy K-drives so it's Itzal for me. They should probably implement a K-drive that could compete with Itzal teleport spam on speed but idk, going that fast would probably be too much for a lot of K-drive fans.