Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not getting standing from races?

D3M1G0RG0N

Question

Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong/misunderstanding, but I just got a K-Drive, and I've been doing races to get some standing with the Ventkids. Tricks and stuff give me standing, but when I finish races, I get something that looks like it's telling me I got 1,000+ standing from the race. However, when I head back to Fortuna, I only have 300 or so standing from my tricks. Do we only receive a portion of standing from races like tricks?

12 answers to this question

Not sure exactly, I know the races have leaderboards and the races are currently under construction (DE is stress testing it) and rewards and improvements will be made at a later date, so I don't know if we are bugged and not receiving our leaderboard score as rep, or if we aren't supposed to get it as rep to begin with.

Yes, same situation for me and also a mate I play with. I tried to do the first race near the gate without doing any grinding or tricks and then went on the mission progress to see if I got standing, and nothing. If i did only tricks instead it continued to give me standing (1/4 of the trick score). 

2 hours ago, Krion112 said:

The Syndicates have daily standing limits, where you can only gain so much standing in these daily intervals. Have you reached yours?

I haven't reached the limit, mine's pretty high and I've only been getting small amounts.

If this is a trick score that might explain it, but it sounds odd that they would make it out like you're getting all the standing when you're only getting a portion of it. I figured this would be buggy but I don't understand why it's just me in my group of friends who has this issue. I'll have to ask them more about what's going on.

OP is right, something weird is going on with Ventkid standing. 

I maxed yesterday, so waited for syndicate to reset (I'm MR 25, so not my first rodeo).

20,450 / 22,000 rep

Went out, did one run, getting 3,000 on the way out, 1044 on the way back.

New rep only 20,654

Went out, did a race right next to the door (the pipes one). Scored something crappy like 2,500.

Rep still only 20,654

Went out, did two 3,000s and a couple 1ks

Came back in, maxxed at 22,000 of 22,000

Something weird is happening. Would be easy to sort out if DE would just come clean with how the rep calculates, is it 1 to 1 or is Ventkids rep a portion of trick points?

Edited by VentusVero

10 hours ago, VentusVero said:

OP is right, something weird is going on with Ventkid standing. 

I maxed yesterday, so waited for syndicate to reset (I'm MR 25, so not my first rodeo).

20,450 / 22,000 rep

Went out, did one run, getting 3,000 on the way out, 1044 on the way back.

New rep only 20,654

Went out, did a race right next to the door (the pipes one). Scored something crappy like 2,500.

Rep still only 20,654

Went out, did two 3,000s and a couple 1ks

Came back in, maxxed at 22,000 of 22,000

Something weird is happening. Would be easy to sort out if DE would just come clean with how the rep calculates, is it 1 to 1 or is Ventkids rep a portion of trick points?

From what i am reading on reddit, standing is 1/4th your trick score, s oyou either need to be good at math or constantly check your mission results screen before leaving

Good to know, though we can be certain that this feature isn't working as profile/syndicates also shows standing (though you need to exit to get your rep it seems). The math (1/4th trick score) doesn't add up. Just repped up, so at 0 rep, went out and did one 3,000 trick (first and only run) went back in and got zero rep for it.

Could be lag time, but that in itself would also be a problem irep/currency took minutes to post. Also got a fair number of "session unavailable" while riding the elevator (through doubt its related).