Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synth Charge

Spharin

Synth Charge cannot be equipped on pistols that have a base magazine below 6, that means if you have a pistol such as the Euphona Prime, which has a 5 clip, you can't increase the clip size to 6 and equip Synth Charge.

This also means, since it's equippable based on base magazine, people technically would be able to use rivens with negative magazine size to reach the last shot quicker, which seems like a bad idea and negates the "nerf" that was quickly added to the mod needing a base 6 magazine.

Spoiler has image of Synth Charge below.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20181109005851

This is pretty strange and this mod won't be viable to use on so many pistols, since it'd be more worth to use normal damage mods that cost the same or less capacity, such as dualstats and Augur Pact. With the amount of shots you have to spray beforehand, the +200% damage won't be much compared to the rest of the clip you've shot, it would probably be more viable to run damage mods that give less +damage % for the whole clip rather than the last shot. The +200% is less and less worth to use the more clip size you have.

I'm sure some one can do the math to see how much 200% extra damage helps with the average damage of a pistol compared to clip size, and see if it'd even be worth it at all damage wise to use.

Don't you think we should be able to equip it on any pistol if we're able to increase it's magazine size to 6 with magazine mods?

I know, it's a set mod and some people are gonna slap it on just to get another +5% reload while holstered, and set mods usually have lower stats compared to their normal counterparts, although Synth Charge does not have a non-set counterpart.

Edited by Spharin

I feel ya. It's kind of disappointing to see mods (and weapons for that matter) which are interesting on paper become essentially pointless due to simpler alternatives being way better (hornet strike etc.). And I didn't even think about negative mag capacity rivens. Negative effects should never be a positive, that defeats the whole point of being a trade-off. Well, add it to the pile of mods which need to be addressed with Damage 3.0.

1 hour ago, Glitshy said:

And I didn't even think about negative mag capacity rivens. Negative effects should never be a positive, that defeats the whole point of being a trade-off.

I love getting - zoom on any weapon, I wish itself was it's own mod, as it is for Conclave Rubico alone. So they acknoledge that -zoom is useful in some cases, even though it is just for conclave...

Also, I heard the cap on -% magazine size isn't that high apparently, so even then it might not be all that useful but still would be something.

2 hours ago, Glitshy said:

I feel ya. It's kind of disappointing to see mods (and weapons for that matter) which are interesting on paper become essentially pointless due to simpler alternatives being way better (hornet strike etc.). And I didn't even think about negative mag capacity rivens. Negative effects should never be a positive, that defeats the whole point of being a trade-off. Well, add it to the pile of mods which need to be addressed with Damage 3.0.

I disagree I think its better if the positives and the negatives are intrinsic to the same stat. Ultimately if a stat is purely negative it will just be rerolled particularly when it exceeds a certain threshold. This means that effects like - multishot are little more than a sticker that says reroll me and don't truly exist in gameplay. Would you use a weapon reduced to a magazine size of one other wise? If not then its not a trade off its a delay.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Solarsyphon:

I disagree I think its better if the positives and the negatives are intrinsic to the same stat. Ultimately if a stat is purely negative it will just be rerolled particularly when it exceeds a certain threshold. This means that effects like - multishot are little more than a sticker that says reroll me and don't truly exist in gameplay. Would you use a weapon reduced to a magazine size of one other wise? If not then its not a trade off its a delay.

I actually agree. I'd be in favour of adding some fixed system so that if you have a "bad effect" like - multishot the other stats should automatically be better than it could be otherwise. What I mean with negative effects should never be a positive is stuff like Fleeting Expertise on Trinity EV. The - duration you are supposed to be trading-off for for + efficency, but due to the nature of how Trinity's EV works, both the positive and negative effect improve it.

Totally agree.  Actually quite alarming how disconnected DE can be sometimes with balance decisions. Seriously, why would they bar people from using Synth Charge on the the only weapons that it would even be worth using on. Under no circumstances would 200% on the last shot be better than even 70% on every shot. 

At least let be visible for all secondaries and allow it to be slotted as long you've modded enough magazine.

I think it should be active on any pistol based on magazine size after mods. That should be a fairer system whereby negative magazine Rivens can only decrease magazine size to 6 instead of lower, and allows for some fun pistol combination of increasing magazine size to 6.

No one is mentioning the benefits of this mod on beam weapons.

I think this is where it’s interesting, if it actually works. 

Let’s say you have Cycron :

12 as shot rate,

40 as chamber rate,

33% as critical chances,

4x as critical damages.

The mod will give you 200% extra damage from 38/40 to 40/40, and, you already have 1/4 of your chamber affected by critical damage as high as 400% damage. So basically you could do +600% damage. Imagine with a riven equipped or higher fire rate...

Now, can someone please confirm  if it’s working on beam weapons or not ? 

Edited by Sancti.

any further discussion here?

I have two thoughts on using synth charge

1. Synth set mod effect

it can reload magazine slowly with 5%/10%/15%/20% /s up to the no. of synth mods are equipped

If you equipped 1/2/3/4 synth mod with around 20/10/7/5(reduced magazine by riven) magazine capacity , u can reload 1 magazine only by holstering back for 1 second

It may be some fun or makes you feel profession move for the gun

However, I tested the way using vigorous swap to speed up holstering speed

which i found is it really needs 1 second to reload with synth mod set effect

rapid swapping cannot achieve my ideal result

Then, it is the trade-off between

just shoot rapidly(up to your pistol fire rate)

and

holstering 1 second for every shoot(one shoot +200% damage may equal to 3 shots in one time if not considering status proc).

Limitation:

1. need to shoot out almost all of your clip first

2.need to catch the holstering time if u want to use vigorous swap to get additional damage(normal holstering time seems taking around 1 second, so isn't a problem)

3.charm instant reload buff makes u need to shoot out a clip again to achieve synth charge

2. Arcane - Pax charge

pax charge makes kitguns reloading like Cycron

Another method to reload a small part of a clip

I tried a level 0 arcane on my 25 magazine capacity tombfinger

It would only let me start to shoot when the kitgun reloads to 6 bullets, even I click my mouse with my fastest right hand

I don't know how it will work on other clips' size

but i think there are no big differences between them

On 2018-11-10 at 9:14 AM, Glitshy said:

I actually agree. I'd be in favour of adding some fixed system so that if you have a "bad effect" like - multishot the other stats should automatically be better than it could be otherwise. What I mean with negative effects should never be a positive is stuff like Fleeting Expertise on Trinity EV. The - duration you are supposed to be trading-off for for + efficency, but due to the nature of how Trinity's EV works, both the positive and negative effect improve it.

With EV Trinity there is a trade off for it. Your other abilities suck so much at 17% duration. Theres your negative

On 2018-11-13 at 1:13 AM, Sancti. said:

12 as shot rate,

40 as chamber rate,

33% as critical chances,

4x as critical damages.

The mod will give you 200% extra damage from 38/40 to 40/40, and, you already have 1/4 of your chamber affected by critical damage as high as 400% damage. So basically you could do +600% damage. Imagine with a riven equipped or higher fire rate...

Would be really sweet if that worked and if it does I almost feel like there is going to be an update to it's description to something along the lines of "Requires a Magazine of 6 or more, excludes the Cycron" 

On 2018-11-13 at 2:13 PM, Sancti. said:

12 as shot rate,

40 as chamber rate,

33% as critical chances,

4x as critical damages.

I don’t understand your idea

Is the beam weapon treat whole clip as final shot ?

On 2018-11-13 at 2:13 PM, Sancti. said:

12 as shot rate,

40 as chamber rate,

33% as critical chances,

4x as critical damages.

I don’t understand your idea

Is the beam weapon treat whole clip as final shot ?