Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 9.8: Feedback Thread

Brosagi

I personally think Bolts need 100% puncture ( for walls and obstacles, not enemies ) until it hits one target ( this for every bolt ), its random pattern is only second to its capability of hitting every freaking object in the map instead of the enemies. Also mentioned by Krovakon, a minor stun/confuse on hitting an enemy would help carry this skill to late game ... as its damage is subpar.

The change to Absorb is awesome, but it has to ignore LOS to be really usefull, otherwise ... ill just use chaos.

The biggest problem with absorb is the transition/animation from the absorb phase to the release phase. During the survival matches last weekend, I have A LOT of moa shooting at me, and when my nyx release those damage, I was killed instantly because the invulnerability ended BEFORE the animation is finished and before the damage is dealt to the enemies.

Who would use psychic bolts if it's a chance to hit... A waste of slots, a waste of energy.

sorry for my bad english at first.

so absorb doesnt draw more attention. a heavy gunner with an gorgon is still not shooting rapidly( about 1 shoot per 2 seconds).

gunner still seem to be confused whether to attack me or laugh at my silly yoga session.

Edited by Paage1

Feedback -

Psychic bolts - still a waste of a mod slot, utterly worthless in all respects.

Mind control - still works, I'm glad it was left alone.

Chaos - you had the chance to unnerf it, make it as good as it should be  aaaaaand you didn't.

Absorb - are you sure it was changed ? Really ? Seems a good way to get killed now and thats about it. Not worth slotting.

Absorb - still doesnt go through walls.

Add effing knockback to the skill for god sake at the end of animation so you wont be sitting duck in case if not enough dmg was done to kill enemies.

Let us end the skill with second press of button for lesser dmg and some CC with knockback,

Edited by derclaw

i think these changes go in the right direction, but i have some ideas how to really solve some problems:

mind control: it would help if you could set the max number of enemies to more than one at all times. (2 times using means 2 controlled targets)

it would help if shades cloake skill wont stop working if the only enemie nearby is mind controlled.

psychic bolts: they need MUCH higher damages per bolt. (i need 4-5 uses and hitting with every of the 6 bolts to kill ONE lvl 45 ancient infested. about 250 energie just to kill 1 enemie is just WAY too much) psychic bolt also need a pathfinding that avoids walls or the abillity to fly through solid objects (about 0.3meters should be enought)

absorb: PLEASE make shade stop using cloake while absorb is active!! it makes absorb useless whenever a meele fighter runs near you!!

the amount of damage it inflict is ok, maybe the size of the absorbing sphere could be a bit bigger to catch more bullets.

it should inflict damage regardless of LOS.

Edited by happyhafer

I tried the new Nyx out, but there is virtually no difference. Yes, the base damage of Absorb is a nice change, but here are a few of the problems I noticed:

Mind Control needs to go. It is useless and currently sits as an empty spot on my Warframe. It does the same job as Chaos, but it doesn't do it as well. I think that she needs some kind of SNARE ability (scaling 3, 6,12 targets or something), which will combo with her Absorb much more effectively.  (NOT a stun, they still need to be able to shoot)

Psychic Bolts need a smaller spread on launch; Yes, the track is a lot better now, and thank you very much for that, but they still hit the floor and railings etc. immediately after launching them because the spread is too extreme.

Absorb still doesn't hold targets still. (See my Snare idea for a solution)
Absorb still doesn't hit anything that is inside the bubble when it bursts. (See my Snare idea for a solution)
Absorb still doesn't hit anything that goes behind a wall even if it shoot at you before hand. (See my Snare idea for a solution)

I love Nyx. Looking forward to more changes.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

Psychic Bolts- Slight nudge forward to make them better. Can't say I like them and I'll probably still use them only for the sake of messing around.

EDIT: At this point, I'd rather just have Psychic Bolts just reworked into a crowd control that targets like psychic bolts and just forces enemies back with Nyx's telekinesis rather than just using energy bolts.

Absorb is still useless and pointless for a Nyx user that prefers using Shade as their sentinel.

EDIT: Would rather see Absorb's damage turn into "Okay, whatever that's close by in this range takes damage. Doesn't matter if it's hiding behind walls or boxes or the corpses of enemies that took the blow for them, it's going to get hurt and die."

Edited by tsubasakuroi

Am I seriously the sole Nyx player in this entire game that likes psychic bolts, maybe it's the way that I use them, or maybe i'm the only person who realized that if you aim in the general direction of the enemies with your gun it will actually lock on. Maybe I'm the only person who realizes that if you just use the massive amount of empty space that exists above your head and throw them up and then target, your almost guaranteed to do a headshot for double damage, that's 300 usually, times 5? Anyone here do math? Maybe I'm the only person that notices the enemies getting staggered when my blades hit them which if your any decent warframe player, and know how to use the skill, you would be able to hit multiple enemies with it, while moving and maybe you could utilize that ~1.5 second long stagger to properly shoot them before they shred your 10 armor value frame because any 60+ moa that gets close enough to turn on it's auto lasers will kill a fully leveled nyx with shield/health mods before you can just out shoot it. But you know, chaos is the real OP skill right guys. I mean, they can't just decide you are the closest target and attack you as they please just as easily as any enemy near them. I mean the fact that you even begin to complain about energy cost when i'm sure 90% of you are making great use of that energy siphon slot and stacking it with your entire squad on top of maxed streamline+Flow. Add to that you aren't able to hit with something that does the tracking for you if you just give it proper room to move so it doesn't you know hit that box right between you and that grineer. I'm sorry but you really should think about playing a different frame, Try nova.

TL:DR learn to play with skill instead of complaining you can't instagib level 100s with a frame meant for crowd control, which before one of you wants to get smart, the ability to hit up to 5 enemies without having to actively try, a high chance to stagger them, and serrated damage for those infested, actually controls quite a large amount of the crowd, you know in case you don't want to dump the extra 25 energy for chaos and get it's 30 second CD active to possibly stop 5 enemies from attacking you.

I like the improvements but absorb could be way better.

For example the duration mods make nyx stay in the animation longer but the bubble disappears before the animation ends, not only that but she drops dead after the animation ends for no reason.

Also enemies, especially ones with guns, tend to not shoot at the bubble. I don't it doesn't have aggro, it does, but sometimes the enemies move up too close to the bubble and sometimes inside it and neither shoot or melee the bubble, this could be fixed with AI improvements and not letting enemies go inside the bubble.

SXe2X1Y.jpg

you know in case you don't want to dump the extra 25 energy for chaos and get it's 30 second CD active to possibly stop 5 enemies from attacking you.

Or I could just mind control and forcibly dump ALL the aggro off me for about 30 seconds, for half the energy cost, it also wont miss, and it's guaranteed to take at least 1 enemy out of the fight.

Or I could just. You know, shoot those 5 enemies and be done with it within 3 seconds assuming they're semi-close to each other, 6 seconds if not.

Edited by Krovakon

Psychic Bolts might be a lot more usable if it started out as one bolt that launched straight where your crosshairs were, then after a bit of travel, not much, 1 or 2 meters, it would split into the homing bolts and curve towards enemies. This would let it be more usable in small areas since you actually aim the start of it at least, and could make it an interesting shotgun-esque power for Nyx to throw out to get some breathing room between her and some enemies. Give it a brief stagger and it'd probably be great that way.

signed also as others said, Absorb needs to go through obstacles.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Am I seriously the sole Nyx player in this entire game that likes psychic bolts, maybe it's the way that I use them, or maybe i'm the only person who realized that if you aim in the general direction of the enemies with your gun it will actually lock on. Maybe I'm the only person who realizes that if you just use the massive amount of empty space that exists above your head and throw them up and then target, your almost guaranteed to do a headshot for double damage, that's 300 usually, times 5? Anyone here do math? Maybe I'm the only person that notices the enemies getting staggered when my blades hit them which if your any decent warframe player, and know how to use the skill, you would be able to hit multiple enemies with it, while moving and maybe you could utilize that ~1.5 second long stagger to properly shoot them before they shred your 10 armor value frame because any 60+ moa that gets close enough to turn on it's auto lasers will kill a fully leveled nyx with shield/health mods before you can just out shoot it. But you know, chaos is the real OP skill right guys. I mean, they can't just decide you are the closest target and attack you as they please just as easily as any enemy near them. I mean the fact that you even begin to complain about energy cost when i'm sure 90% of you are making great use of that energy siphon slot and stacking it with your entire squad on top of maxed streamline+Flow. Add to that you aren't able to hit with something that does the tracking for you if you just give it proper room to move so it doesn't you know hit that box right between you and that grineer. I'm sorry but you really should think about playing a different frame, Try nova.

TL:DR learn to play with skill instead of complaining you can't instagib level 100s with a frame meant for crowd control, which before one of you wants to get smart, the ability to hit up to 5 enemies without having to actively try, a high chance to stagger them, and serrated damage for those infested, actually controls quite a large amount of the crowd, you know in case you don't want to dump the extra 25 energy for chaos and get it's 30 second CD active to possibly stop 5 enemies from attacking you.

Oooor, just 1 shot them WITH a headshot and slot something usefull that doesn't waste energy ?

Edited by Keltik0ne

Nyx 9.8: Feedback Thread

Scott's Comments:

Pretty straight forward buffs, Bolts should be more useable in tight spaces. Absorb will be more consistent in its damage output. This was just a brief pass on Nyx. She will be getting a further look in the coming weeks. Any suggestions and feedback welcome.

Changes:

Psychic Bolts: Now seek and fly faster, more in line with other warframes.

Absorb: Now has higher base damage (min 800) and should attract more attention.

these changes that were made are completely useless.... 

absorb still wont even hit all nearby enemies or if they are behind anything even just their feet behind something the damage wont proc. elevation differences cause the same thing. another point that i need to make is the hit box for the animation is way way way too small especially against infested they get to the point where they just run around you because there is no room for them to get an attack in

psychic bolts are still completely useless as well it took me all of my energy to kill one infested ancient at level 37 so yea...

Edited by D.P.

Oooor, just 1 shot them WITH a headshot and slot something usefull that doesn't waste energy ?

Now you see the problem with that is, every player isn't walking around pluto with a snipetron vandal and again if you are using nyx, and complaining about how much energy you have and aren't using flow/energy/streamline you are doing something wrong. I don't even use any of those three and nearly never have energy issues.

Or I could just mind control and forcibly dump ALL the aggro off me for about 30 seconds, for half the energy cost, it also wont miss, and it's guaranteed to take at least 1 enemy out of the fight.

Or I could just. You know, shoot those 5 enemies and be done with it within 3 seconds assuming they're semi-close to each other, 6 seconds if not.

You know, whenever I use mind control, it takes a solid 2-3 seconds for whatever I just hit to finish it's animation, meanwhile the other three soldiers and a machine gunner is usually quite content to keep shooting me until then.

and if you have such a hard time hitting with it you really should watch how the skill activates, honestly, the spread is constant, it's only once the daggers fly ~10-15 feet or so that they start to really diverge into random pathing, and if you really really can't hit that badly, just get pointblank and grab them by the face, auto hit all five blades.

Woohoo, this is great - sadly i'll now have to put both bolts and focus in my build and i've got no idea where to put them both :/

Edit: solved the problem by removing bolts and focus. While these buffs are a step in the right direction i've still got enemies running past my absorb and bolts just feel...meh.

Edited by Cybernetix

Warning: Pessimistic post alert. 

Psychic Bolts: YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO TRASH THIS POWER OR MAKE IT WORTHWHILE! IT IS A BAG OF S#&$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, sorry just had to get that out. Lets compare Slash Dash and Psychic Bolts, just to show how badly they need to be completely removed or buffed by a large amount.

Slash Dash: 500 Serrated Blade damage in a straight 18m line to UNLIMITED targets for 25 energy

Psychic Bolts: 200 Serrated Blade damage to SIX targets for 50 energy. (If they even ACTUALLY do damage or don't hit a wall or some other thing)

First of all, lets talk about it's damage. Ok: It's damage is CRAP. Whether you like it or not, it seriously needs a buff in the damage department because it sucks right now. Sure, it ignores armor, but for 25 more energy, why not just cast Chaos? Like, why not? Psy Bolts are crap in their current state and need a huge rework. Not "faster targeting" I don't give a F*** about faster targeting when:

A - They do 200 damage, which is extremely crappy.

B - Even though they are psychic, they can't go through walls or they often don't even ACTUALLY DO damage. I stand right there, throw the bolts, and watch as they explode on a target without doing anything. What a waste of energy.

Honestly, you just need to clean up Psychic Bolts. Give it more damage, the ability to trigger damage, and we have a done deal. IMO: completely scrap it and come up with another psychic themed ability.

Absorb: Nice job on this one. More aggro, which is good, and more damage.

Two things:

1: Disable Shade's cloak or let Shade only cloak itself during Absorb. I like it right now, and would equip it, but I value my Shade over Absorb. Much more handy.

2: Let it go through walls. Every other ult in the game goes through walls. I don't know why this one wouldn't, considering it is psychic energy.

Now, some suggested tweaks.

Mind Control - Better indicator that target is controlled. Faint green aura =/= good. Also, for some reason they attack through walls. Fix that.

Chaos - Same as above, enemies try to attack through walls. Needs to be fixed.

Thank you for reading this wall of text, and I hope you read it and take some of my suggestions.

I really like how they are taking a look at Nyx and trying to give her some more appeal.

These Fixes are a nice step in the right direct, not an entire overhaul, but enough to see how Nyx players are USING her.

Yes Psychic Bolt's limited damage output of only 1,170 max along with random targeting is still not worth it's use

(You should make it so mind altered beings or just Crowed Controlled enemies  take 3x 5x damage from Psychic Bolts IMO)

But fixing it's trajectory speed and making it a more linear path was very much noted and <3'ed

I don't know if most people understand the Absorb buff yet, but by boosting the base damage the total Absorption rate has been significantly increased as well, and the added slight aggro attraction was pretty nice. The only hot topic about Absorb I can bring to the table, is Shade's inability to understand when NOT to stealth you >.> such as when in Absorb.