Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 9.8: Feedback Thread

Brosagi

If you've played Nyx you'll know that sinking feeling you get when instinctively hit 4 when you're about to die and realize that you've doomed yourself. Against high-level mobs, the damage simply is not high enough to kill them, and since it does not even make them flinch, you're dead on the ground before you can even finish the ending animation. Simply buffing the damage to make it kill any mob is overdoing it, so I think a good solution would be to make the explosion inflict a ragdoll state on enemies that survive it, giving you a bit of breathing room to find some better cover.

Is it necessary to ragdoll?

I can understand a stun, stagger, knockdown or even a throw+knockdown.

Ragdoll... lasts a bit longer on top of being a massive damage boost.

An AOE Ragdoll of that range seems really open to being exploited.

I don't think it's OP for an ultimate, especially when you think of the newest ultimates:Nova has damage,CC and debuff in her ultimate.

Is it necessary to ragdoll?

I can understand a stun, stagger, knockdown or even a throw+knockdown.

Ragdoll... lasts a bit longer on top of being a massive damage boost.

An AOE Ragdoll of that range seems really open to being exploited.

Many elite enemies like Heavy Gunners get out of ragdoll pretty quickly. Knockdown just seems really glitchy to me, but I was toying with the idea of the severity of the knockdown/ragdoll being based on the proximity to the explosion as a percentage of its total range (to account for Stretch). Maybe within half the radius it causes a ragdoll and outside of that it causes a knockdown?

Edited by Brosagi

Many elite enemies like Heavy Gunners get out of ragdoll pretty quickly. Knockdown just seems really glitchy to me, but I was toying with the idea of the severity of the knockdown/ragdoll being based on the proximity to the explosion as a percentage of its total range (to account for Stretch). Maybe within half the radius it causes a ragdoll and outside of that it causes a knockdown?

agreed, but that would be at DE's discretion, as far as it goes, this change needs to happen.

To reply to several people at once because I am too lazy to quote.

@Melkia

Comparing Warframe ultimates to match each other's efficiency at different tasks may not be the most optimal route, though I suppose we could do that.

@CloudPies

No idea. We'll wait for some suggestions.

(we've already seen infinite buff exploits, boss-kill ragdoll exploits and more. I've got expectations, of sorts. :T)

I simply find it necessary (at times) to suggest all the clearly obvious negative points when no one is willing to do it.

(you get flamed at a lot for this) 

@Brosagi

None of my concern. I can only list the clear issues I see with it.

Seeing everyone go +1 +1 +1 +1 makes it seem as though no one is looking at the negatives.

Considering the positives to outweigh the negatives is probably not the best route.

If we're just going to let DE sort out the problems to the suggestions we give them... well... that's that.

tl:dr - If I give you a problem, you come up with a solution. (or tell me it isn't a problem. that, too)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Another +1 to this. Also what I would like to see: reactivating Absorb could detonate it prematurely for lower damage.

Ooooooh, I like this. This would solve the problem of having Continuity be bad for Absorb. You could also detonate when the Grineer around try to run for cover. The explosion radius would have to slowly increase in size the longer you're doing yoga or else you could just double-tap 4 to get a gigantic ragdoll explosion.

tl:dr - If I give you a problem, you come up with a solution. (or tell me it isn't a problem. that, too)

This is how community discourse is supposed to work. Someone gives an idea, the community criticizes it, and we continue to shape the idea until we think it's the best that it can be. Unfortunately, here on the internet, we must have a shouting match where nobody wins.

Scott's Comments:

Pretty straight forward buffs, Bolts should be more useable in tight spaces. Absorb will be more consistent in its damage output. This was just a brief pass on Nyx. She will be getting a further look in the coming weeks. Any suggestions and feedback welcome.

Changes:

Psychic Bolts: Now seek and fly faster, more in line with other warframes.

Absorb: Now has higher base damage (min 800) and should attract more attention.

Scott's Comments:

This was just a brief pass on Nyx. She will be getting a further look in the coming weeks. Any suggestions and feedback welcome.

Changes:

Psychic Bolts: Now seek and fly faster, more in line with other warframes.

Hi, If you have the telemetry to track skill usage, I'd like to know what it says about Psychic bolts, because the last I checked it was used even less than Contagion.

If you REALLY ABSOLUTELY insist on keeping Psychic Bolts in the game, You'll need to allow the bolts to pass through solid objects, have perfect omnipotent tracking, and have them grant a confused status on struck foes which causes a momentary "Stun". This way they'll be "OKAY" for damage early on, and for late game they'll buy you a few seconds of time whether it's to revive a teammate, or to regenerate shields.

Otherwise they're never going to be used, and will continue to be one of the worst possible skills IN THE ENTIRE GAME

Same thing with absorb, until it ignores LoS it'll pretty much only be used to regenerate shields when in a panic.

Psh, why even bother with using absorb for damage when you can just chaos..OR mind control.. Or if there's just one thing, shoot it in the face.

The 2 changes made were a small step in the right direction. 

(supposedly, speeding up Psychic Bolts was meant to make it more useful in tight space, but now it's even harder to use cause you just instantly throw them into an obstacle)

The major problems with both skills still remain though:

Psychic Bolts - Not very useful because tracing causes bolts to hit walls and disappear. (damage considered low for 50 energy, not major)

Absorb - Damage done by Absorb is blocked by walls And has damage dropoff.

These are what I consider major flaws about Nyx, and dealing with these would be my suggestion for a further fix.

(For Scott: I have a pretty good idea for a Psychic Bolts rework, making it useful while retaining the idea of the skill. If you are interested I would love to hear from you, and I will present it to you)
Edited by Bitfly

I enjoy spamming Psychic Bolts they never really do anything but they are fun to watch sometimes hopefully this will mke them usefull.

Absorb is a little more useful with this but still really only viable when you have 3 teammates on comms with multi formad super charged gorgons all shooting into your bubble, if you wanted to make it viable you would give it a strong aggro affect that makes enemies go for you if it already has that then i must inform you it is not strong enough at the moment ive been having a rhino sit inside it with me with iron skin on and that helps a little but still not worth the slots or energy.

I'll be happy to check out the improved Psychic Bolts.  I don't like this power and I think it lacks in both functionality and fun factor: I don't think bolts flying faster will make it any more fun, but maybe now I'll eventually bother to equip this power at all.

As for Absorb that's a change I'm really happy about. I love using this power, even though it's not always efficient, and I think the improved threat generation will make it even more fun. Damage boost is of course always welcome, and with improved CC it will now clear out rooms nicely.

The one thing that would improve Absorb, and Nyx gameplay overall, would be a better synergy with the Shade sentinel - namely treating Absorb as an attack for all of its duration, preventing Shade from cloaking Nyx while she's casting it. I'd gladly trade this for half of the damage buff! It would be great, sneaking undetected amongst the enemies and then casting new, improved Absorb - yeah guys, I'm not sure you're going to walk this off...

(The whole 'Shade doesn't cloak/uncloak thing is a bigger issue - many times I've used powers like Rhino's rhinoceran Rhino Charge - shouting Hooooogh!!! and all - without uncloaking. I wouldn't be very surprised if there were other powers with the same problem - but that's something for another time and another thread, I think.)