Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx 9.8: Feedback Thread

Brosagi

I thought that Psychic Bolts was going to be buffed?
Yeah, the flight time is great, and the damage is sweet.
The problem is they NEVER hit the target because they are blocked by terrain. If we could make it so either A. They travel through terrain, or B. They are a tighter spread, because as her only damage ability (non-dependent of input) it really is kind of important.

The damage for psychic bolts is still lackluster as well, considering the energy cost, if it were lowered to say 20ish energy they would be much more worth it. 

Make it deal X2 the damage it does now and ignore terrain and maybe it would be worth 50 cost.

Really though it should be 25, it's a 1 skill.

coming back to this post after a couple weeks  to think about it.

The main problem with absorb is that it's inherently boring .  Most nyx players have 1 or 2 max duration mods on , which means that our hands go off the keys for at least  14 secs !that's  14 secs or more where the player does nothing !

Honestly it doesn't matter if it does a lot more dmg ,  it could even be an i win button  but  the main problem is that the play can't do anything , not even type to people . Every Nyx player has felt the frustration of not being able to answer a question because there in mid absorb.

Heck it u allow movement , while absorbing it would make it a lot less boring , allowing melee  while u absorb would really bring back the fun . 

coming back to this post after a couple weeks  to think about it.

The main problem with absorb is that it's inherently boring .  Most nyx players have 1 or 2 max duration mods on , which means that our hands go off the keys for at least  14 secs !that's  14 secs or more where the player does nothing !

Honestly it doesn't matter if it does a lot more dmg ,  it could even be an i win button  but  the main problem is that the play can't do anything , not even type to people . Every Nyx player has felt the frustration of not being able to answer a question because there in mid absorb.

Heck it u allow movement , while absorbing it would make it a lot less boring , allowing melee  while u absorb would really bring back the fun . 

I have nothing against being able to move, type etc during Absorb, but answering a question can be simply done with VoIP.

It's nice that absorb got ninja buffed, but now it feels like the range is really limited.

At 10m at max range, it is pretty abismal even with max stretch. Either make it so the base range is larger, or that the range is effected by damage absorbed.

Bolts still need to ignore LoS and either deal more damage or cost less.

Instead of buffing psychic bolts with damage. They should add some utility to it. 

It's cool Nyx has a damaging ability but it is still extremely lacking, even at 200 damage at max level (600 to light infested).

Comparing to Mag's Pull of 25 energy.

- 300 damage at max

- Hits alot more enemies.

- Crowd control

- Ignores all obstacles.

- instant

- Can't stack damage like psychic bolts, but who cares. It's 25 energy for so much utility and overall damage.

Nyx is not a damage warframe, so Psychic bolts should have some utility next to the 200 damage in stead of increasing the damage. Maybe a short stun, maybe a really short mind control effect, maybe a short chaos effect, i don't know, heck maybe a disarm effect, just something within reason.

DE, psychic bolts is still bad. 50 energy for un-guaranteed hits of 200?? Not really worth it. 

Edited by Pixues

Totally. Some people have suggested being able to press '4' again to active Absorb early, but even then I think it goes against Warframe's fast-paced gameplay. Coming here fresh from another Nyx discussion thread as I've had some more ideas since my last visit.

The way I see it, DE has a couple of problems dealing with Absorb:

1. On the one hand, they put Absorb in a trailer. This makes it awkward to get rid of entirely.

2. Problem with Absorb: removes player control, locks character in place, going against fast-paced combat goals of Warframe

3. Additionally, it synergises poorly with Mind Control and Chaos, both of which actively undermine the effectiveness of Absorb

4. Additionally additionally, its fit with Nyx's theme is questionable. How is absorbing damage from laser weapons, flamethrowers etc and then dealing it back out in an AoE psychic? Projectiles maybe, that could be telekinesis, but it breaks down under examination

So they need an ability that shares a similar concept to Absorb and hence, uses similar animations and gfx! As has often been suggested, I'd recommend Chaos be her 4 (it's perfect ultimate material) and her 3 be replaced with a 360 degree telekinetic knockback + knockdown for 75 energy. Very much a direct upgrade of the CC component of Banshee's Sonic Boom, for thrice the price. I'd suggest no base damage for this, if possible it would be nice to see impact damage from enemy collision with the terrain, but this is not essential. This ability could use similar animations and fx as seen in the trailer, while activating much faster and fitting into the flow of gameplay. It gives Nyx more options for CC, which is what she's all about.

Theoretically, it complements Chaos a little bit as a secondary panic button while Chaos is still 'in use'.

Which just leaves the lackluster Psychic Bolts... still cogitating on that one.

Totally. Some people have suggested being able to press '4' again to active Absorb early, but even then I think it goes against Warframe's fast-paced gameplay. Coming here fresh from another Nyx discussion thread as I've had some more ideas since my last visit.

The way I see it, DE has a couple of problems dealing with Absorb:

1. On the one hand, they put Absorb in a trailer. This makes it awkward to get rid of entirely.

2. Problem with Absorb: removes player control, locks character in place, going against fast-paced combat goals of Warframe

3. Additionally, it synergises poorly with Mind Control and Chaos, both of which actively undermine the effectiveness of Absorb

4. Additionally additionally, its fit with Nyx's theme is questionable. How is absorbing damage from laser weapons, flamethrowers etc and then dealing it back out in an AoE psychic? Projectiles maybe, that could be telekinesis, but it breaks down under examination

So they need an ability that shares a similar concept to Absorb and hence, uses similar animations and gfx! As has often been suggested, I'd recommend Chaos be her 4 (it's perfect ultimate material) and her 3 be replaced with a 360 degree telekinetic knockback + knockdown for 75 energy. Very much a direct upgrade of the CC component of Banshee's Sonic Boom, for thrice the price. I'd suggest no base damage for this, if possible it would be nice to see impact damage from enemy collision with the terrain, but this is not essential. This ability could use similar animations and fx as seen in the trailer, while activating much faster and fitting into the flow of gameplay. It gives Nyx more options for CC, which is what she's all about.

Theoretically, it complements Chaos a little bit as a secondary panic button while Chaos is still 'in use'.

Which just leaves the lackluster Psychic Bolts... still cogitating on that one.

All of this is pretty solid, but in the meantime, since this would take forever and a day to develop, balance and implement, I'd be happy with just being able to cancel it after 5 seconds and letting it hit through terrain. 

Psychic Bolts would be fine with a reduced cost and line of sight targeting. It just needs to be able to be spammed and do more damage than a weapon with the same rate of fire at the same distance. 

All of this is pretty solid, but in the meantime, since this would take forever and a day to develop, balance and implement, I'd be happy with just being able to cancel it after 5 seconds and letting it hit through terrain. 

Psychic Bolts would be fine with a reduced cost and line of sight targeting. It just needs to be able to be spammed and do more damage than a weapon with the same rate of fire at the same distance. 

That's a tall order, given the amount of damage weapons can do! I think Psychic Bolts could be fine if it a) penetrated terrain, b) had utility such as stun/slow, c) spawned 2x as many bolts (this would put it at 12 at max iirc). But her 2 could be even better if it was replaced entirely I think. Thematically, I'm thinking indirect damage dealing via telekinesis - a second cheap 25 energy skill that's fun to use. However I'm unsure of the mechanical limitations of the game engine... what I'd really like to see is Nyx hurling high-speed Lancers at Heavy Gunners with her mind but that'd be a ton of work for an ability! (Probably not as much as Blade Storm, though... just sayin'.)

Changing Psychic Bolts:

A. No tracking

B. Pass through terrain and enemies

C. Fire directly ahead of Nyx (covering an area of maybe her neck to her knees and about twice as wide as her shoulders)

D. Have an increased number of them (Might need to reduce individual damage of each projectile)

E. Making them not daggers, but bolts of psychic energy

F. Stagger (possibly: based on how well other suggestions balance. An added utility would also make it more end-game viable.)

As for Absorb I believe it would be good to (based on current ability):

A. Buff range a touch

B. Hit enemies in cover

C. Be able to cancel early, but with stagger instead of rag doll and with reduced damage.

D. Have an indicator of some kind to let us know remaining cast time

(Could be useful for many abilities, Similar to charge times on weapon reticle)

E. Be able to chat while active. This would allow for planning and strategizing during a full duration use. (Less "down time" for the player)

Can we maybe have Psychic Bolt reworked into Psychic Blast? I saw the idea basically making a Beam like Blast of Psychic energy knocking back and damaging opponents in front of Nyx. That fits her Theme, CC oriented style and is still a damage skill. I feel it would be easier to use and more fun to use, think of an oversized Flux Rifle blast... a Flux Cannon of Nyx's Mind in essence.

Note: Knock  Back/Down NOT Ragdolling them, that's Banshee's thing with Sonic Boom.