Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

hmm, shield polarize seems really good on corpus. And it actually does better than pull in that aspect.

It also knocks down enemies, so there's extra cc.

Pull is also buggy...fallen enemies seem immune to dmg when in their ragdolled state. 

The ragdoll helps to disable enemies slightly longer, but you cant deal high dmg to them since they don't pile up like before

But for mag's skills overall, consider the following situation:

Enemies have high armour: Crush is useless

Enemies with little to no shields: shield polarize is pretty uselss

Enemies usually come in waves: Bullet attractor might not be so useful if it aims a single target only. I can see it as an advanced skill requiring advanced usage (e.g. hiding behind bullet attractor to stay safe for a while) but the energy cost is still quite high

It's not good if mag is only entitled to a mild disturbance of the enemies at high levels. Pull should have it's previous function back and bullet attractor should affect more than 1 enemy so that it lasts longer. Crush needs more cc if dmg is not what DE is going for..

Could DE tell us if focus mod affects bullet attractor dmg multiplier? 

Edited by Preanette

So far mag is awesome, all powers all cool, but i think crush needs alot of buffing ahead, maybe add it 50% more damage, or range, or as everyone said,,, give it the ability to damage everyone entering on its radious... as a mag player i got the hang of the use of crush sliding to the center of a large group of enemyes and activate, but then reinforces kills half my shield before the animation ends, so after every crush you need to rush for cover

also, to everyone, mag as i see is meant to be used as a tactical, backup... she is potentially good sniper and her abilities are more to pick up targets for the team, os as sniper make an easy shoot... pull it was for that getting enemies out of cover to be easy targets, crush use is for when swarmed, as even if dosent kill it stuns, while bullet attractors is obius to mark targets, plus bosses, its not meant for crowd control but to play piercing strikes

Edited by Max_silverfox1982

Pull : 

Official description

"Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range"

Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you. Kills any enemy under lv10 instantly. Heavily damage enemies under lv20. Otherwise, stunning them and bringing them into melee range

Magnetic force pulls enemies' soul toward you (yeah .. they are dead ...)

===========================

So far mag is awesome, all powers all cool, but i think crush needs alot of buffing ahead, maybe add it 50% more damage, or range, or as everyone said,,, give it the ability to damage everyone entering on its radious... as a mag player i got the hang of the use of crush sliding to the center of a large group of enemyes and activate, but then reinforces kills half my shield before the animation ends, so after every crush you need to rush for cover

Do you love a game where everything just pop in a push of a button ???
you might love it now ... 30 minutes later you gonna be "WTF" ...

there are so many ways to make enemy pops ... nova is one of em ... and many other OP weapons .. 
the last thing we need is a cheaper alternative...

Mag's skill was fine in 9.7 , in fact, Pull was slightly OP even with that "tiny" damage considering that i can instant kill anything under lv10 in a bloody large radius. Otherwise, the idea of pulling enemies into single point is what make Mag a Mag (not vauvau with vortex). Crush was at considerably decent damage, except the dmg resistant of ancients and some other heavy units.
I love the 9.8 update for the bullet attractor and shield polarize ... which makes the skill more useful. Pull's ragdoll can definitely help, EXCEPT, enemies are invincible while ragdolled (YES IT NEVER GET FIXED)
Edited by ninosan

Pull : 

Official description

"Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range"

Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you. Kills any enemy under lv10 instantly. Heavily damage enemies under lv20. Otherwise, stunning them and bringing them into melee range

Magnetic force pulls enemies' soul toward you (yeah .. they are dead ...)

ive see no problem, mag needed some love too

Ok I thought I was the only one who thought Mag's Crush was broken, I played a couple of IO missions solo, all my mods are maxed, Flow, Focus, Stretch, etc at first I noticed the range was smaller even though my stretch is maxed out. Then I noticed not all the targets were being crushed and some even survived which made me think, did Mag's number of targets get limited like Vauban's? my Mag by the way is 30 all things are maxed and to me it seems she had more range and more damage before the fix. I also had her helmet which gives more range and still not as far as before.

Hello! I main Mag. I love her. 

I love these changes! Pull can now one shot low level rooms. At first I thought this was a little too powerful but then I remembered that I am a Level 30 Mag with a maxed aura mod with plenty of mod slots being used up.

All in all, the changes feel great. I really do wish her health wasn't so god awful, since I love to get up close and personal with my mag play. Cheers!

Edited by Bulletproof_Tadpole

Pull is too damn strong. It's too strong for a 25 energy ability. Even better than slash dash =p

Also, might I add that ragdolled enemies don't have hitboxes.

Crush should be armor ignore or stun enemies affected...

Other than that. Love the other two ability changes.

I think the changes that Mag really needs are to make the explosion from Bullet Attractor deal damage based on the amount absorbed (maybe not even the full absorbed damage, but at least some of it), and Crush...had an idea for a little bit of a re-work for it. It's supposed to "magnetize their bones" and crush them that way, right? Well, why not have all the affected enemies magnetized to each other? Crushed together in one pile that increases in damage with the number of enemies affected. That could be hard to balance though, so simply making it ignore armor might be enough.

Just one question.

Where is the damage from pull coming from?

It's great that pull can do decent damage now and the ragdolls are great, but it makes no sense for it to deal all this damage when all you do is make them fall over. It should deal a small amount of damage normally and if you pull them into something (eg. cover, another enemy, a bottomless pit) it does good damage.

And Crush needs to either ignore armour or increased damage from armour, but I guess that can wait until after the damage system rework.

Just one question.

It's great that pull can do decent damage now and the ragdolls are great, but it makes no sense for it to deal all this damage when all you do is make them fall over. It should deal a small amount of damage normally and if you pull them into something (eg. cover, another enemy, a bottomless pit) it does good damage.

And Crush needs to either ignore armour or increased damage from armour, but I guess that can wait until after the damage system rework.

technicly pull damage comes from the fact she pulls you magneticly wich if you play phisics causes lot of momentun in seemenly static object, in conclusion is like being hit by a car a slow speed

do the test, let something static and pull it with alot of strenght, it wil either break or slam on a wall XD

Edited by Max_silverfox1982

Pull's old utility was excellent and why I loved playing Pull.  Combined with an ankyros, I would decimate 5-8 enemies in one or two ground pounds at one time.  Can't beat that.  Don't care about the current damage.

The knockdown on shield polarize is good.  Seems to do more damage, or a wider area of damage, but not entirely sure.  People sometimes forget that it heals allies' shields.

Bullet attractor.  Nobody seems to think about how useful this is from a defensive standpoint.  It essentially gives you a targeted, better snowglobe.  Now it amplifies damage also?  Can't say no to this.

Crush.  Eh.

Two great changes, one okay change with crush, then someone lost sight of what Pull was with this change.  Hope for a revert, or at least pull into melee range like before, ragdoll in air, then change to knockdown upon hard surface collision so that you can see their health and interact with them.

Also, mag can now tame moas.

If they survive a pull, they follow her around and don't shoot.

What other creatures and bots can you tame and bring home? :D

0.0 I didn't observe that. But if it's true, wow...Mag can use her magnetic powers to reprogram S#&$ lol.

Only three problems with Pull right now:

One, it doesn't really "pull" anything so much as fling them into the air. It's great, it's hilarious and awesome to watch, but situationally it's not quite the same as them all grouping up right at my feet like before. And with Ancients, it really only knocks them down while hardly moving them (though they are considered ragdolled still, so if you time it right you can shoot them further away before they get up).

Two, in PVP (and I expect great many sneers for that phrase, but it might be connected, okay?) it only deals damage. It doesn't pull the Tenno closer, ragdoll them or even knock them over.

Three, in PVE, it doesn't damage enemies it doesn't knock over. If they're already ragdolled it won't pull them, and if they're caught in Bastille it won't pull them, so it won't deal any damage whatsoever during those stages.

Only three problems with Pull right now:

One, it doesn't really "pull" anything so much as fling them into the air. It's great, it's hilarious and awesome to watch, but situationally it's not quite the same as them all grouping up right at my feet like before. And with Ancients, it really only knocks them down while hardly moving them (though they are considered ragdolled still, so if you time it right you can shoot them further away before they get up).

Two, in PVP (and I expect great many sneers for that phrase, but it might be connected, okay?) it only deals damage. It doesn't pull the Tenno closer, ragdoll them or even knock them over.

Three, in PVE, it doesn't damage enemies it doesn't knock over. If they're already ragdolled it won't pull them, and if they're caught in Bastille it won't pull them, so it won't deal any damage whatsoever during those stages.

Please petition with me, that Mag's pull has to be changed back. My soul hurts now that pull is more inconvenient. The reason why you cant pull ragdolled enemies, or even hit them for that matter, is because their hitboxes disappear for a while when ragdolled. It's silly having to wait for them to recover before you can start shooting. I cant hit many enemies with puncture due to this.

Edited by Preanette

I don't know if this is intended but Mag's pull isn't pulling enemies into melee range, they only move a short distance towards her.

This must be a power /Range thing, as when I pull, they slide well past me and I have to turn round to finish off what didnt die.

Please petition with me, that Mag's pull has to be changed back. My soul hurts now that pull is more inconvenient. The reason why you cant pull ragdolled enemies, or even hit them for that matter, is because their hitboxes disappear for a while when ragdolled. It's silly having to wait for them to recover before you can start shooting. I cant hit many enemies with puncture due to this.

Well, I still like aspects of this Pull much as I like aspects of the old one. I actually feel like what I'm doing with this version is relevant (especially in the absence of Crush being unique/decent), even if not quite as reliable. It doesn't need a complete reversion, just some more tweaking to make it viable (better direction on the pulling aspect, more enemy types being ragdolled/pulled, some effect on ragdolled/rooted enemies, etc).

Just one question.

whiplash

mags pull is hilarious now! im loving the change. i can wipe out a map with this mini-ult! by far the most comical one too in the corpus ship defense map since its changed as well. sitting on the catwalks and using pull makes for excellent corpus popcorn.

Edited by Satwo

Pull is too damn strong. It's too strong for a 25 energy ability. Even better than slash dash =p

Also, might I add that ragdolled enemies don't have hitboxes.

Crush should be armor ignore or stun enemies affected...

Other than that. Love the other two ability changes.

in other words Mag got nerfed. im a sad panda now.

only some thoughts:

PULL:

Looks realy funny to see everything fly around, but it is not realy usefull, sometimes i used this skill it feels as if the enemie is "pulled" to the direction where i aimed with the crosshair, but could also be random ragdolls from the enemies, but would still be nice to pull the enemies on the spot your looking at.

If this is not wanted please change the bahavior back to the old pull, maybe lift the enemies a bit in the air before pulling them.

The Damage is a bit much i think, maybe one could decrease its damage to 200 and, like shotguns, reduce the damage the farther away the enemies are. (minimum 50 dmg)

SHIELD POLARIZE:

Damage looks ok now (dont test it against high level enemies, maybe there the missing scaling could be bad)

Why not make a fixed amound of damage per fusion level and an additional one for the amount of shield that is destroyed by this ability?

But the damage for this skill is not realy import to me, i thought that the buff for teammates was increased, but it wasnt. i would be glad if this would be buffed, then it is not important if the enemie is affected by shields or not.

(for example give mates an "overcharge" for their shields (max 200% of their inital shields, the additional amount is lost over time even without damage, or give it a heal over time after casting the skill, whatever but please dont make everything to a poor damage skill)

BULLET ATTRACTOR

The damage multiplier is nice, but still only usefull against some bosses for farming, too expensive for usual enemies in defense or missions.

You could make it multitarget: If you kill the marked target it jumps to the next enemy in range, up to 6 enemies (or maybe more? but i think 6 is enough). For each additional kill with the same bullet attractor the damage at the end is added, so if you kill 6 enemies, it would do 1800 damage (maybe a bit much, also only 50% could be added for each kill, would be 1050 damage if all 6 dies).

The time for the inital target should be 15seconds and for the next targets each with 10 sec or similar)

This would make the skill usefull even in normal missions and is still effective against bosses.

CRUSH

Could not notice any time changes when the damage is dealt after using it, but i like the animation, crush time is also ok.

For the damge i dont want to say anything, we have to wait for armor 2.0 and see if it still need a buff afterwards.

But what i would like to see is some more CC for this skill, only a small one: make the movement of the enemies slower after they have been crushed, maybe only for 5-10seconds, because at the moment you use crush and some enemies were on their feet befor you could make a move.

Edited by MuhhhhKuh

Pull: Well, now it's much more interesting and really do damage but I will use this ability not because of damage, you know. Like everybody I think. It's a good way to control group of enemies. They fly... They fall... They knocked down. It's really good and give you plenty of time with a little but. Now flight trajectory of enemies is a little bit... unpredictable. They can easy hit something while they fly and fall away... somethere. Or evern behind you. That actually happens in most cases. So that's not good.

Shield Polarize changes: Damage still not good enough. But with % depletion and knock down effect it's still not worst way to spend 50 energy.

Bullet Attractor: Yes, now it's much deadly if you need to get rip of one hard enemy, but to kill one enemy... 75 energy isn't good cost. I think you should add chain effect to it. I mean get rid of this 300 radial damage and let bubble to jump on the nearest enemy if there is still time. 15 seconds sounds good but let Continuity effect on it. Just ideas. Or reduce energy cost of this ability. 50 sounds pretty good for it. Yes! Btw, my Flux rifle doesn't work if I'm inside bubble. And buble is really huge.

Crush: Still incomparable with other ult mass damage abilities because of enemie's armor. Maybe you can redesign it like crowd control ability? For example - pull up effect and radius can be longer and bigger. And enemies must be vulnerable. So other players can kill them while they are flying. In that case we will get something like Rhino ult. Or just let them real pain!

Well, I still like aspects of this Pull much as I like aspects of the old one. I actually feel like what I'm doing with this version is relevant (especially in the absence of Crush being unique/decent), even if not quite as reliable. It doesn't need a complete reversion, just some more tweaking to make it viable (better direction on the pulling aspect, more enemy types being ragdolled/pulled, some effect on ragdolled/rooted enemies, etc).

IMO pull got nerfed hard. It is impossible to tweak it such that it has the previous pulling effect and the current high dmg, because that would be OP for 25 energy. If I had to choose 1 aspect, it would be the awesome crowd control it had before, and the piling up of enemies can increase mag's dmg output with a puncturing gun.

Besides pull, have you tried Shield polarize when there are plenty of ospreys? Pretty sure I saw 2k plus dmg when I used in in Psamathe. Makes me want to visit Corpus just to revisit that surprising moment. If only DE could tell us what the dmg done by Shield Polarize is affected by...