Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

Ok, DE what is this bamboozery?

Pull is massively overpowered now. I just ran a Kappa mission to get some levels on my strun wraith.

Pull

does 300 base damage, with focus = 390 Armor ignoring damage

This means i was able to instantly kill everything 40 meters infront of me! lol ok DE

Crush

does 1000 damage, with focus 1300, but IS affected by armor

This resulted in 388 damage against the same level grineers, in the same mission.

It also has a TINY radius of 12 meters, meaning: Less damage, less range, 4x greater energy cost.

>mfw all these stupid changes and Crush is repeatedly nerfed for no reason

vAl3wkr.gif

Quoted from the thread i made.

Also I'd like to point out that from a DPS AND energy economy point of view, Pull IS NOW STRONGER THAN EVERY DAMAGING ULT IN THE GAME

That includes Stomp, Miasma, World on Fire, Crush, Overload and Avalanche.

This is literally the dumbest patch I have ever seen.

I am literally dying of laughter after testing mag's pull out.

the deal with pulls damage and ragdoll effect might need to be looked over

1) tone down the damage maybe a tiny bit to maybe 100-200 range.

2) make the ragdolls go towards mag.

as it stands, pull is killing me literally cause I keep seeing enemies go flying everywhere.

Crush needs to be instant damage or make things immune to other frame's abilities while crush is activating. Tired of Nova and Saryn stealing kills bc my crush takes 3 secs and theirs is instant. I swear some people see me levitate a mob and kill it before I can. Dumb.

Sounds like the simple fix would be to allow Mag to PULL OR PUSH [rag doll] enemies. Would make the frame more useful and open hallways or level melee weapons.

Still not a strong enough frame for upper levels, Excalibur [another starting warframe] can still hang in there...

I'm separating this from my feedback in the pinned feedback thread.

Pull: Ragdolls are fun but they do not currently provide a consistent way to control or zone. Damage is too high for energy economy. Outperforms Crush.

Let Mag project a conical field with an effect similar to Vortex in front of her so the enemies actually are pulled towards her (yet out of reach of toxic ancient clouds). Reduce current damage by ~100.

Shield Polarize: The hardest ability to make work. Defensively its fine, offensively its lackluster and limited. 

Let Mag debuff non-shield enemies (Infested, etc). Proposing something that reduces movement speed or disrupts attacking/backwards stagger (not stun).

Bullet Attractor: Damage Multiplier was a good idea. Know whats better?

Let the Bullet Attractor absorb damage for X time and expel the damage in an explosion of X radius. Hence we combined the corpse-explosion with bullet attraction and bonus damage.

Crush: Now out-preformed by Pull. Generally lackluster due to armor mitigation.

Make Crush an activated ability. You press 4 and hold/mash it to add additional (fixed) damage (alternative 4 to activate press 4 again to deactivate). Mag is vulnerable during that time as a tradeoff. There is no cap for the bonus damage, the longer you hold them, the harder it hits. Make levitated enemies not take damage from other players weapons fire, that way we avoid infinite Bastille. Let Mag move very slowly while performing Crush, this way she can control enemies and move them. Do not change base damage values. Make it possible to cancel the ability at any time by releasing 4 after the initial animation.

---

With these tweaks we will have a Mag that is both controller/zoner as well as a viable damage frame.

Edited by Mietz

I don't think channeled abilities are a good idea.

But I also do not like crush being yet another AoE massive damage ultimate.

I like the ability to walk while crushing. It's good, and allows for some shenanigans.

However, the damage MUST be changed to ignore armor - or better, be STRONGER with armor (AP damage, anyone?).

This is my piece of mind,

There are 3 types of skill (just like mod polarity) in warframe : defensive, offensive and tactical.

now, what is Mag ?

based on the polarity given to Mag by default, which are two dashes (-) , Mag is heavily tactical base. (other example will be, frost having two of the triangle polarity which refer to the defensive purpose of frost).

Mag's skill:

PULL

Pull should purely be tactical skill. Meaning, little to no damage, but provide control of enemies. The last version was the best so far, where enemies are pulled to a single spot, ready to be hammered to death.

This current version : too OP, and does not pull enemies. Defeating the entire purpose of being a tactical skill. PLEASE GIMME THE PREVIOUS VERSION BACK (with ragdoll better XD)

Shield Polarize: 

I think the restore of shield does not matter much on later level. Given that players have reached enemies lv100+ , 700 shields are nothing. It would be great / more useful if it deplete enemy shield in certain radius and restore team's shield based on the amount of shields depleted. That way it seems that you "pull" the enemy shield toward you.

Bullet Attractor:

Given the damage buff, this skill becomes slightly more useful. Would be best if it specifically target enemy's weak point or sonar spot. Otherwise, I would rather headshot enemy for more dmg. 

Crush:

This should be the only damage dealer skill that Mag have. The current one is fine as it is, although dmg reduce vs ancients are too much. I kinda wish that its like vortex, except with a single pull animation and damage is scaled based on the number of enemies smacked together.

We need more damage for PULL? No, many frames has strong AOE already. Previous PULL increase only 25~50 damage, but it was great fun...for searching good position on map, rescue mates or POD, and more...very versatile skill which need player's idea.

I hope past PULL again.
Edited by parpen

Bullet Attractor: Damage Multiplier was a good idea. Know whats better?

Let the Bullet Attractor absorb damage for X time and expel the damage in an explosion of X radius. Hence we combined the corpse-explosion with bullet attraction and bonus damage.

This sounds like another version of Absorb that can be used on enemies instead of yourself, which would lead to some saying it's better and/or outcries of overpowered, unfair, etc. It also sounds like Antimatter Drop in the form of an easier target. If it's good as-is with the 9.8 buff, I think it should stay like that.

I assume Ruk will also get the new bullet attracter, so much for soloing him.

it'd be fine if he ever had a casting animation or anything, he just stands there, and then he twitches and suddenly you have a sphere on you. 

what. 

give him a frigging casting animation so you don't need to be psychic to know it's coming.

on topic, Bullet Attractor is going to devastate some enemies now, haha. that's a lot of damage output.

and Pull is going to be useful! :O

the other two powers are still ehhhh. Crush clearly isn't full on for dealing damage, it should have some extra side effects to 'debuff' enemies, rather than just pretending to damage them.

and Shield Polarize had issues with just not being useful for it's energy cost, i mean like, breaking an enemies' shield (Even like a lv200 Heavy Gunner) is saving you like 5 bullets for 50 energy. seriously?

ok ,Pull surely is hilarious ,

but not as much use, change the name to "fly all around and spam a lot"

also as other mentioned doesn't pull ancients and chargers, 2 most wanted to pull from the pod

i see people saying nerf the dmg on pull, sure do that if you make the enemies stack near the Mag again, otherwise if the dmg is nerfed, that skill will be just absolutely useless ,also still stuck enemies under floor

idk for me the pull was ok as i could stack the enemies into 1 pile , imo it just needed back the pull downed teammates (only pulling downed teammate when in aim) and it would be perfect

glad to see the changes on Bullet Attractor and Shield Polarize not really issue there

Pull is absolutely OP... a 40m range, armor ignore, 375-390 dmg for 25 energy? that's almost 1200 dmg for 100!!

Crush does nothing compared to it!! (even if Crush sound is now awesome)

Shield Polarize looks nice, Bullet Attractor still wont find its slot imho

After reading a bit about the new Pull, I'll have to agree on one point: that pull needs to not throw enemies around everywhere, and perhaps not cause AS MUCH damage as it does now. It should still cause damage, it makes it really useful, but perhaps not at the spammable, better-than-Crush level that it does now.

Also, Crush needs to not be affected by armor, at least not so much. Perhaps let it do some Armor Piercing damage, something. It still isn't very viable against armored enemies. 

As for the other two changes, good job DE. 

As much as I know DE is trying to please Mag users, I would like to give my 2 cents.

Pulling enemies effectively and reliably to 1 spot is what makes mag useful in missions such as survival mode.

This sets up combos for other warframe's ulti's and Mag can use rifles with puncture to massacre the bunch.

IMO pull should be 100 dmg, enough to skill rollers and cameras. And the ragdoll should help mobs overcome the obstacles to reach the front of mag.

If DE is trying to improve crush, make it a more CC ability rather than dmg which so many warframes have. Let a field be created around mag, so wherever she runs within 12 seconds will result in enemies in those areas being affected by the field and lifted for a certain duration. The field shall deal DOT and the user should actively run across the map if the intention is too control the crowds. Plus this skill will combo with pull, making mag less linear and boring in using her abilities.

Bullet attractor being a boss killer might not be a bad thing...but if it was intended for other types of enemies, perhaps the attractor should affect 3-5 enemies at once so that they can kill each other XD.

Shield polarize...maybe stop enemy shield recharge from happening? I'm not sure how the armor changes will affect the importance of the enemies' shields tho.

Pull feels like an ultimate after fully levelling it and getting max focus and stretch with the increased distance helmet.  I feel that either pull needs to be reworked or mag's other abilities need to be reworked.

The issue is that pull is so effective at killing things and ccing them that there's literally no reason to ever use any of her other abilities

Shields of your allies down or the shields of the cryopod down and there's a lot of shielded enemies around?  If you were to use shield polarize, the enemies would have fewer shields, and the crypod would get a little breathing room, but the enemies would still be wailing on your allies, who may be down at this point.  If instead you used pull, now the enemies are far away, your allies have breathing room, and the cryopod can regen its shields, and rather than none of the enemies being dead, now half of them are dead or in a good position to be dead soon, and you can do it again, since you only spent half the energy to pull instead of shield polarizing.

With the exception of bosses, pull is more useful than bullet attractor.  Bullet attractor increases the damage of your team against a single target, sure, but it isn't a hard stun with damage upside on its own.  Since it's dependent on your teammate's attention and on the weapons that they're using, it's way more situational than pull is.  Moreover, the aoe afterwords isn't as large and doesn't feel as strong as the aoe off of a single pull, and the ability costs three times as much.  Again, you're way better off using pull.

Why even bother with your ult?  It locks you into an animation and does just as much damage as pull, just in a slightly larger radius.  If you ult, enemies could come from outside the radius of your ability and kill you while you're helpless.  For the same cost, you could do four times as much damage and get four times as many hard stuns by pulling enemies four times, and you don't have to stand still to do it.

I think pull is now way above par, and it either needs to be reworked, or some of her other abilities do- otherwise Mag will, in my humble opinion, be seen as a one-trick pony.  Sure it'll see lots of play.  It'll be really good.  But there's one thing it won't be.  And that's interesting.

The bullet attractor change is really nice but the bug where the affected target stops shooting is still there despite supposedly being fixed in this patch. I also agree that it should be like absorb and antimatter drop, where the amount of damage put into it is reflected in the amount of damage released in the explosion.

I'm mixed on the pull change. It's nice that it ragdolls and does way more damage now, but the relative randomness in which the enemies go flying is kinda iffy to me. The ragdoll can make it difficult to figure out what could or couldn't still be alive because of disappearing healthbars.

I haven't tried shield polarize, but it sounds like it could be really useful for any missions with shield ospreys.

Crush is still crush but a little faster.