Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Worried About The Mod System (Read)

Eyeless

As stated, I'm worried about this new way of modding. Why? Not because of how it functions, but because Rebecca stated it may only be temporary. Why? Because alot of the older players can't quit whining about everything, looked this god-sent gift-horse in the mouth, and cried that all the resources they blatantly wasted on duplicates, is now in vain. 

Why should us who spent our resources smarter, not harder, suffer to these people when the new system saves so much time? Owning several warframes and at least two pages of weapons I use frequently is a nightmare for when I need to change my loadout entirely, because I need to swap literally /everything/ out. With the new system in place, it's such a major time-saver. Seriously, nearly 20 minutes doing this, and now it takes 5, and I can carry on, happy that now everything is equipped on -everything-

Yet the people who want it retracted, and removed entirely, are only doing so, because they're mad about their wasted, inefficient effort. Ya know what? It really seems the Devs are paying those people the most attention, because they're the ones crying the loudest, the people who like, or LOVE this new system, really need to be heard. Please give this post some attention, let the DE know how great this new time-saving addition is, and maybe it'll be here to stay.

Fingers crossed~

Hastur.

Agreed. Got tired of transferring all my Shotgun mods between Sobek and Strun Wraith, same goes for every other wep I own. This saves a bunch of time and is the equivalent to what we would have gotten from "Wep Loadouts" The *@##$ing and moaning needs to stop, keep the old mods or hell, fuse em into something else. Stop trying to ruin a NEEDED addition though, and I'm over 300hours in a have 3 maxed HS and Serrations and you dun see me complaining bout this. I love it.

What? People who leveled multiple Serrations and stuff like that are miffed? I thought about that. (I was never willing to make more than a dozen maxed Redirections, thought it was part of my long term plan.) If anyone did, I'd have to say they're crazy dedicated. As a token of appreciation, DE should design some way for them to dissolve their spare mega-mods into crap tons of credits and fusion cores.

Wasn't there going to be that new system where you could sell maxed mods to other players for platinum? Where better to toss all the duplicate mods made not necessary by this modding update?

Personally, I have 9 main primary weapons, 7 main secondary weapons, 4 main melee weapons, along with individual sets of mods for each of them, and all of my frames with individual duplicate mod sets.

Though I've played Warframe for nearly 500 hours, I'm nowhere near max level on even half of them, though. If this system hangs around, maybe I'll be able to not use my stuff at half-power for the next year before I can get enough mods to fuse everything up. Underpowered weapons was much less of a pain than having to swap out mod loadouts every time I changed weapons and frames.

I wish I could upvote you 100 times OP.  Even though I was one of the people that farmed for, and built extra mods I still love this change.  It saves me tons of time.  I am always changing frame or weapon depending on the group of people I am playing with and what they have.  This new system is amazing and super convenient for me.  

You make 1 mod, that mod is then entered into a pool.  From that pool you may draw a mod into your currently selected weapon, that mod is then gone from the currently equipped modpool.  You should not be able to make 1 mod and have it exist in two places at once.  What is happening now is that you have one mod existing in two places at the same time, that is the issue that DERebecca said is not intended to be permanent.

The sharing of the maxed mod for the Sentinel weapon as well as your own is not intended to be permanent.

I think we need a clarification by what Rebecca means by "not permanent".

Is she referring to the current system as a whole? Or just the fact that sentinels should not be using the same mods as your weapons?

Personally, I wouldn't mind the latter, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I have to revert to the old system after this new system conveniently fixed all my issues with weapon switching.

I think we need a clarification by what Rebecca means by "not permanent".

Is she referring to the current system as a whole? Or just the fact that sentinels should not be using the same mods as your weapons?

She did clarify, read my post literally 2 before yours.

She did clarify, read my post literally 2 before yours.

So in other words, other than the bug that weapon mods are shared by your weapons and sentinel's, everything else is working as designed?

Sounds awesome. Now I can finally start working on my maxed Serration and Hornet Strike without worrying about refitting my weapons. 

Yet the people who want it retracted, and removed entirely, are only doing so, because they're mad about their wasted, inefficient effort. Ya know what? It really seems the Devs are paying those people the most attention, because they're the ones crying the loudest, the people who like, or LOVE this new system, really need to be heard. Please give this post some attention, let the DE know how great this new time-saving addition is, and maybe it'll be here to stay.

i never had any issue with moving mods between gear if i had to because i didn't have enough copies of mods.

but, since i only need one copy of a mod EVER now in the game, i have literally ran out of things to do in Warframe. 

all of a sudden, i'm about to almost stop playing Warframe because i have nothing to DO. my 15 levelled copies of Split Chamber for every single rifle and half a dozen copies of Warframe mods for all my frames and my 15 sets of primary / secondary / melee weapon mods for all of the weapons i have, suddenly is no longer needed. 

well, okay, but, what do i DO now? i've run out of game. literally. so what if i don't have 15 copies of Serration at 165%? or even one copy? i don't need it, so i don't care about it. so what if i don't have 10 copies of Hornet Strike similar to Serration? i don't need it for anything, and now i don't even need to have it just to be convenient. 

sure, it's convenient for some players, but ultimately, it GREATLY reduces the lifespan of Warframe for any player. and those mods people can't get many copies of (whatever they may be for some people, i have Multishot and other stuff coming out of my nose, but a total of 3 copies of Flow), well, now they don't need to continue playing the game to get more copies of it. 

a considerable part of Warframe WAS that you needed many copies of this and that eventually. now, we don't. great, so one copy of it is good forever. i see. not sure i understand how that increases game lifespan though.

seriously, this seems counter intuitive for Digital Extremes to make money.

i love Warframe, and it's a really fun game, but... Warframe has suddenly moved from my Primary game to just another game i play once in a while.

(which means i spend a lot less money, if any more at all).

basically, Warframe, for me, is 100% content driven. this is a danger field that many games have tread in, and drowned. if content doesn't keep coming constantly, forever, i'll never stay interested in Warframe anymore, because i have nothing to do in it, as fun as playing the game is, if playing it results in nothing really changing, then... bleh?

being 100% content driven is a risky area to enter, i highly recommend avoiding it if possible. players should be able to enjoy playing the game even if there isn't new content for a few weeks. 

don't get me wrong, i only want the best for Warframe. but in one update i literally went from this being one of the most enjoyable games in the past 5 or more years, to boring.

i've logged somewhere in the area of 900 Hours into Warframe since early Closed Beta. and now, i don't know what else to do.

i'm not a farming person(but i have common and rare resources coming out of my ears).

i'm not a completionist(i have cool equipment, and some things i'd like to try, but i don't need to have them by any means). 

i'm not a min/maxer(i don't have the &!$$ in the ocean cards capped on anything i have, but, i don't care about that).

i'm not a loot hoarder(i have no desire to hoard all of the mods ever just because i can, or credits, anything like that).

i'm.... lost. what do i do?

(rhetorical question, i just want the game to provide something worthwhile i can do for many more hours).

this boils down to that most important question every Developer must answer if they are to succeed - "Why should someone play YOUR game?".

edit: i know mods being this way isn't permanent, but it's arisen a clear issue with Warframe. as very nice of a game as it is, there becomes a point where the game runs out of stuff to do. 

but no, introducing power creep and just adding 10 or 20 more ticks to every single card isn't the answer, i know someone will say it is. i wasn't enjoying doing that by any means, it just gave me something to do in addition to just playing.

edit2:

tl;dr - i'm not saying this should be reverted, i'm just concerned about the longevity of the game. which is important if money is to be made off of it. 

what i AM saying, is, what now?

Edited by taiiat

DE should design some way for them to dissolve their spare mega-mods into crap tons of credits and fusion cores.

This would alieviate a lot of the :(

The current system is better for everyone and I wouldn't want to see it taken away but I've had a lot of time, mods, cores and credits vaporised without warning.

i love Warframe, and it's a really fun game, but... Warframe has suddenly moved from my Primary game to just another game i play once in a while.

(which means i spend a lot less money, if any more at all).

basically, Warframe, for me, is 100% content driven. this is a danger field that many games have tread in, and drowned. if content doesn't keep coming constantly, forever, i'll never stay interested in Warframe anymore, because i have nothing to do in it, as fun as playing the game is, if playing it results in nothing really changing, then... bleh?

being 100% content driven is a risky area to enter, i highly recommend avoiding it if possible. players should be able to enjoy playing the game even if there isn't new content for a few weeks. 

don't get me wrong, i only want the best for Warframe. but in one update i literally went from this being one of the most enjoyable games in the past 5 or more years, to boring.

So by your definition any MOBA shouldnt exist at all ? Since in those games there is hardly any progression, especially if you decide to pay. (Hint : In terms of playerbase League is MUCH higher than warframe)

I am interested in warframe cuz other PvE games force me to a lot more grinding than warframe. I find fun in challenging myself without any boring task of collecting some mods. If I find grineer challenging, I want to fight grineer and NOT infested/corpus. But right now as it stands, you have to fight other factions for different mods.

Not everyone defines "enjoyable" as "having something to grind", for me "enjoyable" = NOTHING EVER TO GRIND... EVER

Edited by rksk16it

This would alieviate a lot of the :(

The current system is better for everyone and I wouldn't want to see it taken away but I've had a lot of time, mods, cores and credits vaporised without warning.

I feel the same way, everything I have worked hard for has been just instantly vapourised in one update, without warning, without compensation.

I have multiple duplicates of all sorts of mods, I had about 6 Warframes and 5 Weapons fully stocked with fully leveled mods at all times...

And even I REALLY welcome this change.

Now I can finally use all of the weapons in my arsenal! Stock ALL of them up with mods... this mission might need some firepower... get the Supra! Oh it's against Grineer, better take Armor ignore... get the Boltor!

It's a godsend. Please don't listen to all the guys who are disappointed because they wasted fusion cores... they knew what they went into when they played a BETA.

And betas usually have rollbacks... this is the exact OPPOSITE of a rollback! This is a roll forward.

Edited by Sherbniz

It's a godsend. Please don't listen to all the guys who are disappointed because they wasted fusion cores... they knew what they went into when they played a BETA.

And betas usually have rollbacks... this is the exact OPPOSITE of a rollback! This is a roll forward.

exactly its really a godsend change. It would be a step backwards to remove it just because of crying children on the forums

Edited by zzang

exactly its really a godsend change. It would be a step backwards to remove it just because of crying children on the forums

So... Now anyone who has a problem with deploying this new system are "children". Way to go, trying to belittle us and diminish us as "lesser" beings.

To be honest, I think the new change is good in itself but the way deploying it was handled could have been much better. Now we have hundreds, maybe thousands of players who are annoyed with the huge mess of mods they have in their inventories, nearly 90% of which have been rendered redundant.

I wouldn't mind a chance or a system to pull apart those high-level duplicates for fusion cores or multiple unranked copies so that we could "respec" our mods.