Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs, You Have Me Worried (Please Read)

Eyeless

As stated, I'm worried about this new way of modding. Why? Not because of how it functions, but because Rebecca stated it may only be temporary. Why? Because alot of the older players can't quit whining about everything, looked this god-sent gift-horse in the mouth, and cried that all the resources they blatantly wasted on duplicates, is now in vain. 

(Sorry for the majority of this admittedly anger filled rant, but I'm loving the new sharing system, I don't WANT you to take it away from us!)

Why should us who spent our resources smarter, not harder, suffer to these people when the new system saves so much time? Owning several Warframes and at least two pages of weapons I use frequently is a nightmare for when I need to change my loadout entirely, because I need to swap literally /everything/ out. With the new system in place, it's such a major time-saver. Seriously, nearly 20 minutes doing this, and now it takes 5, and I can carry on, happy that now everything is equipped on -everything-

Yet the people who want it retracted, and removed entirely, are only doing so, because they're mad about their wasted, inefficient effort. Ya know what? It really seems the Devs are paying those people the most attention, because they're the ones crying the loudest, the people who like, or LOVE this new system, really need to be heard. Please give this post some attention, let the DE know how great this new time-saving addition is, and maybe it'll be here to stay.

Fingers crossed~

Hastur.

EDIT: I'd like to add I put this in the Gameplay section initially until I found everyone posting about it here. Feel free to take that down, I apologize for the clutter that may have caused)

Edited by Hastur609

I have every frame and most weapons but right from the start I made one maxed card of each type, I always swapped my cards on and off frames as needed - even though it was a pita to keep doing, all in the hope of this day.

Please, please, please do not take this away from us because some people were too lazy to swap mods in and out and made dupes.

Please, please, this way works so much better and i'll cry if you take it away (quite probably literally)!

Lee.

I have every frame and most weapons but right from the start I made one maxed card of each type, I always swapped my cards on and off frames as needed - even though it was a pita to keep doing, all in the hope of this day.

Please, please, please do not take this away from us because some people were too lazy to swap mods in and out and made dupes.

Please, please, this way works so much better and i'll cry if you take it away (quite probably literally)!

Lee.

or some people were too lazy to farm dupes

What the majority of the commentors here in favor of taking this mod-sharing away fail to realize, is it isn't the fact that we don't want to farm for mods and their dupes. This isn't the point at all. 

It's the amount of time saved by this far more efficient way of modding that quite a few of us, frankly adore. I don't mind farming for mods, hell, this whole game is built around farming for the sake of farming, isn't it? If we didn't like it, we wouldn't have kept playing to get to the point of moaning about needing several maxed serrations just to keep modding time from reaching an excess of half an hour. 

Don't scoff and assume we're not half as dedicated as you are to this evolving game, we're just the only ones who seem to want a better way to play.

Edited by Hastur609

Why should us who spent our resources smarter, not harder, suffer to these people when the new system saves so much time? Owning several Warframes and at least two pages of weapons I use frequently is a nightmare for when I need to change my loadout entirely, because I need to swap literally /everything/ out. With the new system in place, it's such a major time-saver. Seriously, nearly 20 minutes doing this, and now it takes 5, and I can carry on, happy that now everything is equipped on -everything-

I have a system that I use that saves more time than this system--one that only takes thirty seconds to switch between weapons and 'frames instead of five or twenty. It's simple; have each weapon and 'frame have their own mods in them. Each of my seven Warframes has their own maxed out Redirection, their own maxed out Vitality, and so on and so forth. I have been playing since the start of April so of course I have gotten a lot of mods in my time; remember, these past four to five months have not had this system in place. This new system will save time for new players, but it is already proving to be a pain for me since now when I'm upgrading mods I have to try and figure out what is already installed in something so I don't accidentally use an already installed mod. Don't get me wrong, this new system could prove to be useful, but as of right now I do not have enough experience with it to make a solid decision on whether or not I like it.

Oh, and for the record, insulting people and going off on a raging rant all the way to Hell and back will get you absolutely nowhere. All you sound like is a kid who is trying to cry over everyone else just for the sake of crying.

Edited by AsperKaos

I have a system that I use that saves more time than this system--one that only takes thirty seconds to switch between weapons and 'frames instead of five or twenty. It's simple; have each weapon and 'frame have their own mods in them. Each of my seven Warframes has their own maxed out Redirection, their own maxed out Vitality, and so on and so forth. I have been playing since the start of April so of course I have gotten a lot of mods in my time and these past four to five months have not had this system in place. This new system will save time for new players, but it is already proving to be a pain for me since now when I'm upgrading mods I have to try and figure out what is already installed in something so I don't accidentally use an already installed mod. Don't get me wrong, this new system could prove to be useful, but as of right now I do not have enough experience with it to make a solid decision on whether or not I like it.

Oh, and for the record, insulting people and going off on a raging rant all the way to Hell and back will get you absolutely nowhere. All you sound like is a kid who is trying to cry over everyone else just for the sake of crying.

You seemed to miss the point of the entire rant. This new system makes it so we no longer have to go through that kind of excess, and in the long run, it will indeed save us countless hours. I'm sorry some of us have better things to do than sit on Warframe all day doing nothing but mod-farming to have an individually maxed mod for /every/ weapon and frame. Time saving after you finally accomplish such a waste in cores? Sure, but now with this new fix, we don't need to waste so much time and resources that the few, such as you, seem so happy to do. 

The ones who seem like infantile children are the people who've been crying to the DE to take this new system back, and have the rest of us suffer, so they can still feel like they did something worthwhile with all those duplicates. I feel I'm a bit entitled to a little anger here.

To be fair.... people who play a lot socially are the ones who are selfish if they never made duplicates, because they are always asking their cell mates to wait while they switch stuff over.

It was a flaw in the first place to create the incentive for people to do this (I was in between... often moving mods, mostly creating redundant copies for warframes I commonly switched between, like volt for non-defense tower missions).  If I didn't do so, my clan mates would always be waiting for me.  Lame.  I am sitting with probably a total of 12 redundant mods built from the equivalent of 500 to 1000 uncommon fusion cores.

However, the new system is better IMHO, but so many players have committed ridiculous amounts of resources to duplicates that choosing not to address their frustration would alienate players, punishing some early backers of the game.  Whether you criticize their less meticulous approach to mod switching is irrelevant.  A portion of player constantly switched, some chose to make duplicates.  From the eyes of the devs, they are responsible for creating incentives for both practices.

The only proper, even Pareto efficient, solution would be to keep the new system while giving recompense for those who committed extensive resources to duplicates.

The real point every1 is missing hear is that no1 is asking to take it away. It is atm a huge clutter for people who have a crap load of mods. especially if u want to upgrade a specific mod on a specific weopn or frame. the salution is not to cry to take it away or to cry to not take it away. but to have it fixed so it works propperly

Edited by bosstnt

the whiners couldve just removed all their mods when they were done with the weapon or warframe. it saved me alot of time by fixing my stuff when im done with it. it doesnt matter to me if this system is permanent or not. but if they do make it permanent it would make me much happier

To be fair.... people who play a lot socially are the ones who are selfish if they never made duplicates, because they are always asking their cell mates to wait while they switch stuff over.

It was a flaw in the first place to create the incentive for people to do this (I was in between... often moving mods, mostly creating redundant copies for warframes I commonly switched between, like volt for non-defense tower missions).  If I didn't do so, my clan mates would always be waiting for me.  Lame.  I am sitting with probably a total of 12 redundant mods built from the equivalent of 500 to 1000 uncommon fusion cores.

However, the new system is better IMHO, but so many players have committed ridiculous amounts of resources to duplicates that choosing not to address their frustration would alienate players, punishing some early backers of the game.  Whether you criticize their less meticulous approach to mod switching is irrelevant.  A portion of player constantly switched, some chose to make duplicates.  From the eyes of the devs, they are responsible for creating incentives for both practices.

The only proper, even Pareto efficient, solution would be to keep the new system while giving recompense for those who committed extensive resources to duplicates.

I agree with everything you say here. That is all I can say about this.

You seemed to miss the point of the entire rant. This new system makes it so we no longer have to go through that kind of excess, and in the long run, it will indeed save us countless hours. I'm sorry some of us have better things to do than sit on Warframe all day doing nothing but mod-farming to have an individually maxed mod for /every/ weapon and frame. Time saving after you finally accomplish such a waste in cores? Sure, but now with this new fix, we don't need to waste so much time and resources that the few, such as you, seem so happy to do. 

The ones who seem like infantile children are the people who've been crying to the DE to take this new system back, and have the rest of us suffer, so they can still feel like they did something worthwhile with all those duplicates. I feel I'm a bit entitled to a little anger here.

You seem to have missed the point of my response to your original post. Yes, this new system "makes it so we no longer have to go through that kind of excess," but I have already been playing Warframe for five months. What do you expect me to do, go through and delete all of my mods except one of each maxed one so I can be sub par and on the same level as people who just started or people who have been switching mods between all of their equipment during all this time before today? No thank you. Based off of principle I will have more mods than a lot of people and using them to upgrade my mods puts them to use; they won't just sit in my inventory collecting dust. Yes, eventually if this system sticks around I won't have to "sit on Warframe all day doing nothing but mod-farming," as you seem to have assumed I do, but that day is not here yet.

I have separate mods for all of my 'frames and weapons, but I have never actually started playing one day saying "I'm going to go farm mods." I just play and be happy with what I get at the end of the day. Right now I have around twenty Redirection mods just from raising my Saryn and Frost Prime, but I never said, "Hm, I have ten Redirection mods. Lets go farm for some more!"

My point with this one response is that you seem to love making assumptions and seeing everyone who speaks against your thinking as someone who is lesser than you. Assuming makes an &#! out of you and me, as they say, although here it is simply and only you.

My point with this one response is that you seem to love making assumptions and seeing everyone who speaks against your thinking as someone who is lesser than you. Assuming makes an &#! out of you and me, as they say, although here it is simply and only you.

My, now who's making assumptions? To be fair the way you initially replied was entirely apposed to my original post, and at the time of the posting I was more than a little agitated, what kind of response did you expect to get with the way you worded your own reply? You can't tell someone they're thinking everyone else is lesser when you make a quote like this; 

"-What do you expect me to do, go through and delete all of my mods except one of each maxed one so I can be sub par and on the same level as people who just started or people who have been switching mods between all of their equipment during all this time before today?-"

Hypocritical much? 

"-My point with this one response is that you seem to love making assumptions and seeing everyone who speaks against your thinking as someone who is lesser than you.-" 

-I'm- the one making ridiculous assumptions? Step off your high horse. 

The point of this thread, is that this game is evolving, as is it's system of doing various things, modding especially. Why should the other players who want things to streamline and improve to make way for better things be held back by the players such as you, wanting to keep things dated and inferior just so you can keep your vanity and feel taller than the rest of us for having a few more maxed mods? 

My, now who's making assumptions? To be fair the way you initially replied was entirely apposed to my original post, and at the time of the posting I was more than a little agitated, what kind of response did you expect to get with the way you worded your own reply? You can't tell someone they're thinking everyone else is lesser when you make a quote like this; 

"-What do you expect me to do, go through and delete all of my mods except one of each maxed one so I can be sub par and on the same level as people who just started or people who have been switching mods between all of their equipment during all this time before today?-"

Hypocritical much? 

"-My point with this one response is that you seem to love making assumptions and seeing everyone who speaks against your thinking as someone who is lesser than you.-" 

The point of this thread, is that this game is evolving, as is it's system of doing various things, modding especially. Why should the other players who want things to streamline and improve to make way for better things be held back by the players such as you, wanting to keep things dated and inferior just so you can keep your vanity and feel taller than the rest of us for having a few more maxed mods? 

and also we are in a beta here, so any change can happen.

i am level 11 (almost 12), why i am telling this?, to make clear i have been playing this game a lot of time (almost all weapons and warframes leveled up).

so, the new system is ok? yes

why? if you need to keep farming over and over again to max out, for example, serration, is an artificial way to give extended life to the game, thats not cool.

and on the other hand, is really useful to have ammo mutators on all your weapons and not to change the loadout every time you pick a different one.

i have 14 warframes, i need to level up 14 times redirection or vitality? (i have 3 already, an is a pita) welcomed change IMO...

wow

this thread... just....=/

neways, the problem is how you cannot fusion up a "shared" mod without running into the mod point limits of everything else that mod is "shared" with, consider trying to rank up your serration mod when you have over a dozen rifles all with maxed builds with no more room/mod points, its a headache and a half

the new system had good intentions, but it's a huge clusterfuck mess, and it should be removed

give us "LOADOUTS" instead DE, ie NO MOD SHARING

let us customize a build for a frame/weapon then save that, then we can removal all and/or click on our "loadout" and viola all the available mods fall into place, then it's easy enough to swap out weapons/frames by just clicking removal all, swap the weapon/frame, then click on the saved loadout, and boom ready to go (no problems with the same mod being in more than one item at a time, which was just a terrible terrible idea)

wow

this thread... just....=/

neways, the problem is how you cannot fusion up a "shared" mod without running into the mod point limits of everything else that mod is "shared" with, consider trying to rank up your serration mod when you have over a dozen rifles all with maxed builds with no more room/mod points, its a headache and a half

the new system had good intentions, but it's a huge clusterfuck mess, and it should be removed

give us "LOADOUTS" instead DE, ie NO MOD SHARING

let us customize a build for a frame/weapon then save that, then we can removal all and/or click on our "loadout" and viola all the available mods fall into place, then it's easy enough to swap out weapons/frames by just clicking removal all, swap the weapon/frame, then click on the saved loadout, and boom ready to go (no problems with the same mod being in more than one item at a time, which was just a terrible terrible idea)

All that does, is convolutes this system they just implemented. Your version is clunkier. Redundant. They skip this whole little extra process you proposed and skipped right to putting the similar mods onto the gun. Difference is the DE's version is, well, simpler.

This isn't an attack on your post by any means, it just seems like a step backwards. Maybe not to the system alot of the 'Oh no I have so many maxed dupes what can I do noooow?" kind of players want, but nonetheless, it's still an inferior process. 

(Sorry if that sounded incredibly $&*^ish, I'm being blunt here)

Edited by Hastur609

All that does, is convolutes this system they just implemented. Your version is clunkier. Redundant. They skip this whole little extra process you proposed and skipped right to putting the similar mods onto the gun. Difference is the DE's version is, well, simpler.

This isn't an attack on your post by any means, it just seems like a step backwards. Maybe not to the system alot of the 'Oh no I have so many maxed dupes what can I do noooow?" kind of players want, but nonetheless, it's still an inferior process. 

(Sorry if that sounded incredibly $&*^ish, I'm being blunt

agree.

is the same that happens with prime weapons / warframes, let me explain my point.

i used to have a paris 4 forma / potato on it, what happened, PARIS PRIME.

i builted the new prime thing and sold my hard time invested paris, i will complain now if the new primes are (as they should be) an "upgrade", that respect the base potatoe and forma from his previous version because i did all again before? NO.

was a waste of time and effort because the whole idea of the primes as a new - independent weapon is horrible, and should be reworked.

what i mean if you are against an easier way to do things because you did them the hard way ( again, i am supposed to level up 14 redirection for my frames, or change everything if i want to play with a different one?) because of bad game design, then i must disagree.

the new systems works great IMO, maybe just let the players to be able to have a new page with mods that the players feels special, and cant be fusioned if they are in that page, something like that.

english is not my native language so i hope to be clear.

As stated, I'm worried about this new way of modding. Why? Not because of how it functions, but because Rebecca stated it may only be temporary. Why? Because alot of the older players can't quit whining about everything, looked this god-sent gift-horse in the mouth, and cried that all the resources they blatantly wasted on duplicates, is now in vain. 

(Sorry for the majority of this admittedly anger filled rant, but I'm loving the new sharing system, I don't WANT you to take it away from us!)

Yet the people who want it retracted, and removed entirely, are only doing so, because they're mad about their wasted, inefficient effort. Ya know what? It really seems the Devs are paying those people the most attention, because they're the ones crying the loudest, the people who like, or LOVE this new system, really need to be heard. Please give this post some attention, let the DE know how great this new time-saving addition is, and maybe it'll be here to stay.

Fingers crossed~

Hastur.

EDIT: I'd like to add I put this in the Gameplay section initially until I found everyone posting about it here. Feel free to take that down, I apologize for the clutter that may have caused)

Yes.  All of this.

I love this new system so much.  Finally, I can effortlessly switch loadouts.  I don't even need to open the mods menu unless I want to upgrade.  This is the best change that has ever been made to this game.  And let me tell you, I have maxed duplicates of almost every mod, except the most expensive ones.  I have one max serration, and one max redirection.  I have maxed duplicates of everything else.  3 max fortitude, 2 max continuity and focus, 2 max split chamber, 3 max stretch.  I could go on.  Do I feel bitter about the hard work for nothing?  Not really, no.  Maybe a little.

But here's what it boils down to.  It's a BETA.  That's the name of the game.  If you want to be sure that nothing like this will change, just don't play a game until it's fully released.  That's the risk you take.  Yeah, it was some wasted effort, but that doesn't mean that the new system isn't awesome, because it is.  It's like minecraft; I started that game the day it came out in beta, and with every big update, my friends and I found ourselves saying "All that wasted effort...if only we had known..."  DE is not going to stop improving the game just so that us older players can keep things the way we're used to.  That's the game.  I know the risk, and I play anyway.  Deal with it.

DE, NEVER GO BACK TO THE OLD MOD SYSTEM.

*In a whisper* But just in case they revert back, don't fuse your duplicates just yet!  I'm keeping mine for now.  Just in case...

Hypocritical much? 

If you cannot debate without keeping your cool then you should not even be saying anything. If you looked at everything I said in my posts you would see that I am not completely shutting down this idea; I am just expressing my concerns with it as of right now in this moment because it is cumbersome for me.

This new system will save time for new players, but it is already proving to be a pain for me since now when I'm upgrading mods I have to try and figure out what is already installed in something so I don't accidentally use an already installed mod. Don't get me wrong, this new system could prove to be useful, but as of right now I do not have enough experience with it to make a solid decision on whether or not I like it.

Nowhere have I gone outright and said this was a bad idea. I cannot say that with much force behind my words because I have barely played for an hour or so since this system was implemented. Right now I am still running off of hearsay and other player's experiences, as well as the small amount I have experienced. Since you seem to misinterpreting my views on this change, let me make it clear: As of right now, this system gives me a headache because I have so many mods to sift through. However, over time I will be able to adapt and it will most likely prove to be useful. However, that time is not right now, so all I can say is that it is cumbersome for me.

As for what you quoted me on in your latest reply, that was a comment on other people's states within the game that differ from my own. If I thought you were lesser, if I truly wanted to make you feel like you were lesser, then I would be insulting your existence as a person, a human, and a living being. As far as I can tell, I have not flung a single insult at anyone as you have so graciously been doing. Therefore, if you think someone combating your ideas about a game means they think you are a lesser individual, then there is something wrong here.

If you think this is me being on a high horse then you are severely mistaken. I am just trying to supply an alternative viewpoint for you to look at, but you are the one who cannot step out of your box and look at other perspectives. In every single one of your posts you just parrot what you have said in your original post, although when you respond to me you keep getting more violent with your words. In no way am I debating with you about my desire to "keep [my] vanity and feel taller than the rest of us for having a few more maxed mods." I play Warframe for my own enjoyment and so I have a game I can play with my friends. I could care less about my supposed vanity and I definitely don't need justification from others to make me feel good about myself.

Finally, I suggest you learn some reading comprehension, how to control yourself, and how to respect everyone's opinions and to not insult people every other sentence. You can benefit greatly from such an endeavor. With all of this being said, I no longer have any desire to continue to throw myself into a brick wall to try to get it to change, even if in just the slightest. Good luck and have fun with your future in Warframe.

Edit: Not finally because I just read what Justin_Case001 said and I completely agree. Very well said. Now that is all.

Edited by AsperKaos

For seven months now I hated how I had to choose between investing insane amount of time and resources into making like 5+ Redirection, Vitality, etc or I had to swap mods off and on different frames. I went with the latter even if I have to spend a few seconds to get back into combat.

The new system makes life infinitely easier and saves more time and is a welcome change in my opinion. And while I can understand how the people who invested large amounts of time and resources into making multiple's of the MF mods as I like to call them, they still shouldn't punish a new system or the mass of the community just because their space is cluttered up. I'm sure there are options they have besides deleting the mods or maybe DE will compensate them.

All I gotta say is this: You guys will get over it in time and this is coming from a guy who back when Star Wars Galaxies was still around nearly made it to the high prestige and sough after Jedi Class and then became a regular game class.