The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any reason to give feedback?

Fallen_Echo

Many threads go and come here, we have pages full of various insight but does it worth it?

These threads most of the time are ignored, locked or deleted and even if they manage to stay relevant theres absolutely no guarantee or even a faint chance that anybody who matters have read them.

We are just wasting time here, because nothing happens. The same old bugs and problems plague the game what we had in the last year and the year before that and the year before that and soo on....

It takes year long non-stop feedback (whinning amd cursing mostly) to make a change to anything bigger than some fashion request.

Whats the point?

The point is the chance that devs will at least look at your proposition. Wether or not they'll be willing to implement is up to them.

But yes, i find it fairly discouraging that most of the time it feels like we're talking in echo-chambers.
I'm not asking for devs to reply to every single thread, but at least it would be nice to have some kind of little check-mark near the thread's title that says wether or not someone from the dev-team (and not a moderator) clicked on topic at least once so that people didn't felt discouraged.

Of course, it leads to a possibility of DE abusing said function and just clicking threads for the sake of it without reading them, but i'm putting my faith into them to not be like that.

Edited by Artek94

24 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The same old bugs and problems plague the game what we had in the last year and the year before that and the year before that and soo on....

Yeeeeah but that's not why you made this thread is it, it's about the other thread you made, and that was always going to end up being locked. :wink:

I too have wondered many times whether the feedback I provide is worth it, I mean, I haven't managed to get a single Wukong change in about 3 years. Believe me, I know.

But you know what? Better to try and be able to say you tried, than not try at all. The times that the feedback gets a change will generally make the game better, and if it doesn't get a change, so what. It doesn't take long to post a thread.

Edited by DeMonkey

Well, actually DE reacts to feedback: recent UI cahnges recieved a lot of negative feedback. The single best improvement in the last years was projectile weapons functionality rewerk. So yea, feedback is necessary. If you think some feedback is ignored or the cahnges are not according to feedback, think about the following:

• This is a feedback section, yet this thread is a complaint. Or feedback on feedback? In both cases, not helpfull.
  • A lot of threads are poorly thought out, composed, or simply filled with rediculous ideas or demands.
  • Just like Warframe's comunity, DE is a big studio with many heads and just as many visions of the game. Also, it seems they lack proper management, because when on a DevStream something is presented and Steve says. "Wow, this looks amizing!" - I am like really? You are in charge and you see it for the first time? Or when P. Pressure Point was released during a DevStream and Scott loocked at Sheldon and said "they had no intent to release that mod (yet)".

Changes or additions won't and cannot please everyone.

Edited by ShortCat