Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

taridouglas

Question

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

6? You mean 5. And what’s botnet exactly? I read the other guy’s post, DE is saying it’s because of botnet traffic from some ISP connections. What does that mean? And how could somthing like that happen? And who’s to blame here, the ISPs? 

actually there were 6 active botnets yesterday, the most active was Sality.

From wiki - A botnet is a number of Internet-connected devices, each of which is running one or more bots

More often then not a pc becomes a part of botnet via malware infection. One of the goals of the botnet is to infect as many devices as possible to increase its computing capabilities. Botnet that I mentioned - Sality - is actually used to steal bank info (credit card numbers, bank authorisation tokens etc), so it was logical that Sality-infected devices would try to infect large servers, since there is high chance that there is some banking info stored on them.

On an infected pc, botnet very often functions without pc's owner even knowing that his pc was infected.

ISP's aren't the one to blame here - poor level of general computer education, especially when it comes to security measures, is. 

Edited by HorridaMessor

1 hour ago, HorridaMessor said:

actually there were 6 active botnets yesterday, the most active was Sality.

From wiki - A botnet is a number of Internet-connected devices, each of which is running one or more bots

More often then not a pc becomes a part of botnet via malware infection. One of the goals of the botnet is to infect as many devices as possible to increase its computing capabilities. Botnet that I mentioned - Sality - is actually used to steal bank info (credit card numbers, bank authorisation tokens etc), so it was logical that Sality-infected devices would try to infect large servers, since there is high chance that there is some banking info stored on them.

On an infected pc, botnet very often functions without pc's owner even knowing that his pc was infected.

ISP's aren't the one to blame here - poor level of general computer education, especially when it comes to security measures, is. 

Ah I see. So those who can’t log-in to the game, are their devices infected by malicious software or something? There are softwares which you can install to see if your pc is infected right? But who can resolve this now? It seems Southeast Asia is affected by this the most. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

3 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

1) are their devices infected by malicious software or something? 

2) There are softwares which you can install to see if your pc is infected right?

1) Not necessarily - you may live in the same general area as a person with an infected PC and automated security systems on DE's servers will block you in order to prevent potential threat which may result in the loss of sensitive info (bank account info for example) stored on the server.

1.1) Sometimes server-side firewalls will block IP within certain range: for example - your IP ends on .99.195 and there are 2 infected PC's that have IP's that end on .99.101 and .99.253. And both of them are attacking DE's server. Server's firewall will block ALL IP within range of .99.1-.99.255 in order to protect YOUR sensitive information and information of millions other players.

2) My first pick would be Malwarebites. General anti-virus softvare is suboptimal when dealing with botnet's and other "silent" malware.

In fact the biggest source of attack are China and Vietnam, with Russia, Ukraine and Mexico following them. So there is a pretty big chance that firewalls on DE's side are blocking IP in big batches to prevent infection on a mass scale. There IS a small possibility that regional ISP's are throtling connections that have symptoms of malware infection (the login attempts in our case) but the possibility is far too small and I would bet that DE's protection system is the "flood gate" which prevents logins.

Edited by HorridaMessor

1 hour ago, SerbianRenegade said:

i cant log in i did all and i cant play game.I didnt play 10 or more days can someone halp me and i dont wanna download any thing cas i recently clean my PC can someone halp me ??!!!

Well currently the only thing you can do is download a VPN to be able to play.. there is no other alternative.

1 hour ago, Zenocraft said:

same is happening to me cant login help please .

Try my suggestion. Go to THIS link download Windscribe VPN and use it until they fix the problem. Or you can google some other VPN service to use.

10 minutes ago, -HoB-Tokan said:

Well currently the only thing you can do is download a VPN to be able to play.. there is no other alternative.

Try my suggestion. Go to THIS link download Windscribe VPN and use it until they fix the problem. Or you can google some other VPN service to use.

This unfortunately isn’t a solution for console players (PS4, Xbox, Switch). Only PC players can use a VPN as a temporary solution. 

26 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

This unfortunately isn’t a solution for console players (PS4, Xbox, Switch). Only PC players can use a VPN as a temporary solution. 

Well some people that have a PC and a console can use a VPN. There are guides on the web on how to do that.

10 hours ago, -HoB-Tokan said:

Thanks for the info, just started playing again a few days ago,  still new to warframe, is this a recurring problem or did this just a now thing?

4 hours ago, Uzad said:

Thanks for the info, just started playing again a few days ago,  still new to warframe, is this a recurring problem or did this just a now thing?

Its a new thing that started happening recently. It will be resolved when DE find a fix for it.

NOTHING WORKS!!!!! Its too late guys cant log in  for a week its hopeless... I suggest u guys find other games, I already lost hope I tried everything there is, and NOTHING DEVS ARENT WORKING , so sad though.... I have given up on warframe

4 hours ago, KingJans said:

NOTHING WORKS!!!!! Its too late guys cant log in  for a week its hopeless... I suggest u guys find other games, I already lost hope I tried everything there is, and NOTHING DEVS ARENT WORKING , so sad though.... I have given up on warframe

What did you try?

4 hours ago, KingJans said:

Past 25-30 days for me already lost count. I also have lost my faith in warframe.I had active boosters and didnt get to farm anything in FORTUNA. Cant login using any kind of vpn here idk .Bot told me not to send anymore ticket [gave like 2 tickets] cause DE NATHAN marked my first ticket as solved,like really. I opened another one, still no reply for 5 days straight and a bot just messaged me [automated message that everyone gets] to stop making more tickets as it would only increase the time of response, No words from DEV anywhere,are they even aware,atleast a few 1000 people are affected i guess cause The most populated areas in the world are in the botnet IP block list.

South east asia

czech republic

Indonesia

Argentina, experiencing the Login Failure Check your info problem. Cellphone app does work tho...

Edit: I rebooted my modem and it seems to have fixed it. The reboot probably changed my IP

Edited by MadKairon

[DE]Nathan

november 27, 2018

Hello evildod1,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. We are experiencing a temporary backlog in tickets right now and will get to your ticket as soon as we can. If the issue has been resolved please respond with “This is now solved” which will close the ticket.

If you are still experiencing log in issues please let us know. Also, if you have not done so already please make sure to send over the game logs requested in the automatic support email.

Please note, we received reports from the following regions of increased botnet traffic from some ISP connections disrupting regular log in attempts. Once this traffic subsides players in these affected regions will be able to get in again without any problems. If you have the option, you can confirm by trying to log in through an alternative ISP. Changing your IP through a VPN or some other method may also work to temporarily bypass the problem until normal traffic resumes.

Most heavily affected regions:

• Philippines
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Thailand
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for your cooperation and patience here.

and IT FIXED,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!