Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leechers

ghoffman1928

I think general good manners is a part of it too. Say if you need to afk for a minute or two say so and try to get back as soon as possible. The warframe community is generally decent enough to understand that sometimes things need to happen irl but as long as your not away too long or coming and going every minute it can be reasonably dealt with. Of course there are salty/elitist/just plain angry/insert appropriate term here players who will never be happy with it but that's always has been and likely always will be a thing.

As an aside but not really making a point with the fortuna drop and all the new players coming is more then likely going to bring in a lot of new players some of which will more then likely fall under the leecher/troller/afk'r so that's likely going to be a thing.

Edited by Cuchullin

7 hours ago, Melbourne404 said:

What's the purpose of this thread, I wonder? Are you trying to establish that it is alright for leechers to leech and criticising them is actually harrassment and against EULA? 

You seem to be trying very hard to convince us that leeching is allowed and people who act against them are actually the ones in the wrong.

Congratulation Melbourne404! You have discovered my true intent behind this thread, now if you would just reply publicly with your bank account information I will wire you your prize of 1,000,000 US dollars.  Thanks for playing!

What's the purpose of this thread, I wonder? Are you trying to establish that it is alright for leechers to leech and criticising them is actually harrassment and against EULA? 

You seem to be trying very hard to convince us that leeching is allowed and people who act against them are actually the ones in the wrong.

Congratulation Melbourne404! You have discovered my true intent behind this thread, now if you would just reply publicly with your bank account information I will wire you your prize of 1,000,000 US dollars.  Thanks for playing!

1 minute ago, ghoffman1928 said:

Congratulations ghoffman1928
You won the "triple-post same thing" achievement
Thanks for low quality posting.

They should make any loot in fortuna and poe world wide,so if 4 people fish you get 4x fish
that would mean less angry people and i would even welcome such "leechers"

TBH current bounty even at max difficulty is way too easy and spawn too slow to offer any challenge so i can undestand why people like to side-mine or grind logical kidz rep.

1 minute ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Congratulations ghoffman1928
You won the "triple-post same thing" achievement
Thanks for low quality posting.

They should make any loot in fortuna and poe world wide,so if 4 people fish you get 4x fish
that would mean less angry people and i would even welcome such "leechers"

TBH current bounty even at max difficulty is way too easy and spawn too slow to offer any challenge so i can undestand why people like to side-mine or grind logical kidz rep.

Read post directly above yours

4 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

You mean post that was not there when i was typing?
Should I just keep refreshing the page for rest of my life for rare chance you gonna edit your post or post something else?
Do not act sassy if you are not ready to get wooshed.

Why so hostile? I wasn’t attempting to anger you?

2 hours ago, ghoffman1928 said:

I'm going to pretend you did not reply with utter nonsense and point out that leeching almost certainly falls under objectionable behaviour. Your argument that "it could mean anything" doesn't make it a grey area, anyone with common sense should have a good idea of what does and doesn't count. It should be quite obvious that being a Limbo noob, which is different from a Limbo troll, while infuriating, is not objectionable and therefore doesn't fall under that category. Harrassment/abuse could mean anything from death threats to "your mom" jokes, but that doesn't make it a grey area, does it?

If you're going to leech, expect people to be angry. You can't profit off other people doing everything while you go fishing and then complain when they turn nasty. Especially in Fortuna, where your mere existence dials up the amount of work they have to do. As you so observantly pointed out, the general consensus does not support leeches and hardly anyone is a fan of leeches beyond simply tolerating them, so you can't expect your "technically not forbidden" argument to sway anyone. That argument is worth about as much as a little kid who calls people names and then cries to the teacher quoting "sticks and stones" when they get beat up.

If I see a continuously afk player, I don't bother with killing enemies near them or resurrecting them when they inevitably go down. How's that for doing something other then silently reporting? I didn't do anything to them. I didn't do anything at all. They would do the same for me.

11 minutes ago, Melbourne404 said:

I'm going to pretend you did not reply with utter nonsense and point out that leeching almost certainly falls under objectionable behaviour. Your argument that "it could mean anything" doesn't make it a grey area, anyone with common sense should have a good idea of what does and doesn't count. It should be quite obvious that being a Limbo noob, which is different from a Limbo troll, while infuriating, is not objectionable and therefore doesn't fall under that category. Harrassment/abuse could mean anything from death threats to "your mom" jokes, but that doesn't make it a grey area, does it?

If you're going to leech, expect people to be angry. You can't profit off other people doing everything while you go fishing and then complain when they turn nasty. Especially in Fortuna, where your mere existence dials up the amount of work they have to do. As you so observantly pointed out, the general consensus does not support leeches and hardly anyone is a fan of leeches beyond simply tolerating them, so you can't expect your "technically not forbidden" argument to sway anyone. That argument is worth about as much as a little kid who calls people names and then cries to the teacher quoting "sticks and stones" when they get beat up.

If I see a continuously afk player, I don't bother with killing enemies near them or resurrecting them when they inevitably go down. How's that for doing something other then silently reporting? I didn't do anything to them. I didn't do anything at all. They would do the same for me.

Stop harrasing this forum user please,we can keep it civil.

On 2018-11-20 at 2:41 AM, ghoffman1928 said:

So I just got done reading the entire Terms of Use and the entire End User Licence Agreement. Neither of them mentioned anything about leeching being reprimandable yet the general consensus is that we are supposed to report leechers and DE will reprimand them.

discuss

Meh. DE can't really stop people from playing the game the way they want to... 

What DE can do, is implement a vote kick system since that would solve this without any interference from DE to individual players 

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

Meh. DE can't really stop people from playing the game the way they want to... 

What DE can do, is implement a vote kick system since that would solve this without any interference from DE to individual players 

I m playing game where people can kick you at any moment 
>Do 98% damage to final boss in dungeon
>Get vote kicked by 2 people that were leeching for whole dungeon
>I get kicked with no reward even tho i did 98% of the work
>They message me "haha rekt" "haha u mad bruh" "lelele kappa"

Yeah no thx to that system.

Tbh they should just implement rumored "resource sharing"  
so if i go fish and you do bounty,you get fish i get bounty whole family is happy.

1 minute ago, ---Merchant--- said:

so if i go fish and you do bounty,you get fish i get bounty whole family is happy.

They situation probably won't come up too much, so I'd say implement the system and take the risks anyways 

6 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

This assumes that everyone doing bounties care about fish. I'd rather not have my workload increased while dealing with level 60 bombards in exchange for a few murkrays while some prick fishing by the lake going "tralala" makes off with relics and Augur Secrets which of course, they already do under the current system. To be honest, there is probably no reliable way to deal with this age-old issue to everyone's satisfaction.

The system I come up to counter leeching in Vallis / Plains, pretty much require players to be in the area of mission to receive their rewards, and calculate how active they are in the area. Anyone who wander off the area for skating, fishing, mining, or general $&*^ around will not receive bounty rewards.

Of course the downside is if the faster player complete the bounty first before other arrive. Certain bounty can be done very fast.

Well that's my half baked solution, and feel it need to implement after one time bad run of Hemocyte battle. A bloody rhino decided to go fishing during Hemocyte phase, during PlagueStar. Leaving a player reviving the other two every single fights.

Edited by Athnamos

4 minutes ago, Melbourne404 said:

there is probably no reliable way to deal with this age-old issue to everyone's satisfaction.

That sounds dangerously close to all or nothing fallacy to me.
 Would you argue that it is prefferable to get no loot from "leechers" like fish,stone,toroids compared to no gain at all?
 Because that is my true point and I welcome to discuss that.

I can not talk for everyone ever born but I surely can talk for myself and I'd actually preffer fish and stones compared to bounty rewards because I can just stand there in circle clicking ctrl+f once per 3 minutes to kill everything on my screen and it is actually less work for me than to run around looking for that ore hidden under texture .
I mean,sure if you are mastery 2 I guess it could be challenging for you to solo bounty but you would still get potato place reward (resources) even if you fail.
Then I would have to also ask why is such player queing up for hardest bounty if they are not prepared for the fight and not really accept theyr complaining,such player basically came to leech,just being in bounty circle does not mean you actually perform well or help noticably at all.
Reminder:atterax is mastery 2 and it is top melee weapon ingame,so i can hardly see how people could be undergeared for fortuna,even considering it is second planet.
My "solution" would also allow for undergeared people to go farm stones and fish while i solo bounty with eyes closed :^)

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

That sounds dangerously close to all or nothing fallacy to me.
 Would you argue that it is prefferable to get no loot from "leechers" like fish,stone,toroids compared to no gain at all?
 Because that is my true point and I welcome to discuss that.

I can not talk for everyone ever born but I surely can talk for myself and I'd actually preffer fish and stones compared to bounty rewards because I can just stand there in circle clicking ctrl+f once per 3 minutes to kill everything on my screen and it is actually less work for me than to run around looking for that ore hidden under texture .
I mean,sure if you are mastery 2 I guess it could be challenging for you to solo bounty but you would still get potato place reward (resources) even if you fail.
Then I would have to also ask why is such player queing up for hardest bounty if they are not prepared for the fight and not really accept theyr complaining,such player basically came to leech,just being in bounty circle does not mean you actually perform well or help noticably at all.
Reminder:atterax is mastery 2 and it is top melee weapon ingame,so i can hardly see how people could be undergeared for fortuna,even considering it is second planet.
My "solution" would also allow for undergeared people to go farm stones and fish while i solo bounty with eyes closed :^)

I agree with this, at the very least in regard to invite only squads, since you can multitask with known people. I mean, I can carry a bounty having my friends winning the bounty rewards as happens now, and they can fish/hunt/etc. while I carry the bounty, with me receiving their rewards as well. This would not be leeching but teamwork, at least if done that way.

1 hour ago, Melbourne404 said:

TL:DR

can you summarize this in 4 sentences or less?

4 minutes ago, ghoffman1928 said:

TL:DR

can you summarize this in 4 sentences or less?

I can do that for you.
"My personal opinion is the only valid basis for "objective" moral system that you ought to follow blindly because it is my wish and I'm willing to remove as much context as it is possible to make it sound more reasonable in my head. I REFUSE to accept any facts or to provide any non vague,definitions for words I use and try to justify it with my feelings alone to leave as much space for subjective judgement based on bad faith as possible.I m not scared to base my whole argument on assumption that everyone does think exactly like me or to pull data out of thin air providing no source because i have none and I have high hopes that readers will not notice it because they may agree with my sentiment."

I had to skip some ad hominems but core is there.

2 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Leeching does not come up too much either,using your own logic we do not need system to counter it then.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess not. Tbh, I've never had to deal with it. And if I have, I haven't noticed it since the missions are so easy. 

In my personal opinion, just leave it. I really don't care and if some people leech, who cares. They can do so if they want 

1 hour ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I can do that for you.
"My personal opinion is the only valid basis for "objective" moral system that you ought to follow blindly because it is my wish and I'm willing to remove as much context as it is possible to make it sound more reasonable in my head. I REFUSE to accept any facts or to provide any non vague,definitions for words I use and try to justify it with my feelings alone to leave as much space for subjective judgement based on bad faith as possible.I m not scared to base my whole argument on assumption that everyone does think exactly like me or to pull data out of thin air providing no source because i have none and I have high hopes that readers will not notice it because they may agree with my sentiment."

I had to skip some ad hominems but core is there.

Alright, I will admit that what I said was subjective and probably over-aggressive. I apologize for that. I realize that people have different opinions from me. I simply have strong feelings about people freeloading because I have spent a lot of time in a situation where I had to deal with a constantly afk player while having to bite my tongue and put up with it. The idea that leechers are fine and people against them are the wrong ones just set me off. That having been said, I recognize that aspects of what I said were unreasonable and I'm sorry about that.

Not that "Congratulations, you won a prize!" really made me want to be civil.