Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying warm/cold cycles for fishing

-Defeater-

I dont think fish should be based on the warm/cold cycle. It doesnt add anything to fishing, it doesnt make me feel accomplished when i happen to need a certain fish and get lucky enough to have it be on the right cycle, it isnt rewarding. it is, however, annoying to need a warm weather fish and get into orb valis just as its turning cold. i shouldnt have to wait half an hour for a 4 minute window to catch 20 fish. maybe make one half the map warm and the other cold, literally anything is better than how it is now 

• Like 1

I think the idea isn't bad all on its own, but the balance of warm/cold fish feels strange for certain spots. The giant coolant reservoir getting a burst of species for a few minutes before revolving back to just sapcaddies always strikes me as odd (and somewhat vexing). I can handle waiting for the warmer period, but having to budget that sliver of time to catch so many species can be a royal pain.

5 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

It is 30 min total

Not currently. Its 22 and 4 mins. So 26 min. I would be okay with a 20/10 split (or 18/8 if they want to stick with 26 mins). But as it stands, its barely worth the effort to try and farm warm fish.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I'd love if the cycle was a bit longer. Instead of having a meager 26 mins cycle, make it 1 hour and have 34 minutes of cold but a whopping 26 minutes of warm weather or 40 cold and 20 warm. That would literally give people the time to set up and catch fishes with some tranquility, instead of rushing like a mad man. Also, fixing the Long and Mirewinders to spawn as soon or slightly before the weather turns into warm, because right now the indicator showed warm weather and for a full 2 minutes none of the warm weather fishes spawned.

Also, another QoL change would be to have a proper timer with minutes and seconds that show how much you need to wait between the two cycles. This way it would be much easier to organize the time. Also, the timers should be visible also when the players are in caves, not only on the map of Orb Vallis.

As of now, Synathids should be the hardest fishes to catch but by far Long and Mirewinders are way harder just because the time given to players is insufficient. In the 5-4 minutes I managed to catch only 4 Longwinders and I didn't miss any shot, only 4 of that fishes spawned in the totality of the 4 minutes and I was also using the proper bait. I tried moving around and setting multiple spots all of them with baits but, let me repeat, only 4 Longwinders spawned. This is just unacceptable and goes for sure into the real of this being a bug.

Cycles in both Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis are highly annoying, and this was also stated when The Silver Grove released 2 years ago. Players want to play when they have time, not be confined to "windows" of gameplay. Eidolons, Fishing, and soon to be Orbs should be done through gear activated items that require time investment, not shoved into rather specific cycle times.

Bait in Orb Vallis for fishing should override the cycle if thrown into a hot spot. I find it quite annoying you have a mere 5 minutes to catch rare fish.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1