Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag on xbox on warframe

(XBOX)Querty phase

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I find it quite odd that an Xbox master can't identify possible sources of distress....on Xbox...

I had a host downloading fortuna to his pc while we were playing on xbox and we had massive issues.

This issue occurs on both Xbox and PC, its just a bad connection to the host. You can force your session to be the host by inviting everyone to your squad and being the one that launches the session.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The lag is caused by the bad connection to/from the host.. and since setting a ping limit doesn't work, gotta live with it.. until they address it..

It can also be the server/networking.

I have a great connection to WoW, for example. Can run 4 clients on my network without lag or "host migration" issues with 87ms pings (and it's only 87ms pings because LA is over 2,000 miles away!).

DE needs to look at their networking. Use Amazon even if necessary (was in the hospital for 10 days, and came home and the game [one using the Amazon network] was still playing -- my connection is good!).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

26 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

It can also be the server/networking.

I have a great connection to WoW, for example. Can run 4 clients on my network without lag or "host migration" issues with 87ms pings (and it's only 87ms pings because LA is over 2,000 miles away!).

DE needs to look at their networking. Use Amazon even if necessary (was in the hospital for 10 days, and came home and the game [one using the Amazon network] was still playing -- my connection is good!).

AFAIK, when playing Warframe in the mission. The game using P2P connection not Client/Server. Even if the problem is networking it's either your or the Host you're connecting to. Not that DE didn't do anything, they can't do anything. If your Host deciding to be a d*ck and hogged all the connection to download/using it to connected to something other then the game after you establishing the connection. You can't do anything other then leave the squad.

Most of the time when the connection problem appear it's either me (my steam decided to update some game on the list... because I didn't set it to stop download something when I'm in the game lol), or the Host do something to the internet. Sometime, I ask them nicely to concentrate on the game and they did complie and the lags are gone. Sometime... you know... they don't...

4 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

AFAIK, when playing Warframe in the mission. The game using P2P connection not Client/Server. Even if the problem is networking it's either your or the Host you're connecting to. Not that DE didn't do anything, they can't do anything. If your Host deciding to be a d*ck and hogged all the connection to download/using it to connected to something other then the game after you establishing the connection. You can't do anything other then leave the squad.

Most of the time when the connection problem appear it's either me (my steam decided to update some game on the list... because I didn't set it to stop download something when I'm in the game lol), or the Host do something to the internet. Sometime, I ask them nicely to concentrate on the game and they did complie and the lags are gone. Sometime... you know... they don't...

Server side items are still served by the studio. Clients only have the textures/models on their machines, not what the studios serve to them (NPCs in persistent worlds are "projected" on your machine, as they're containers for what the server is SENDING you).

When my network is laggy and all, it will be noticed across ALL sites. When it's only affecting one game ... that's a server/network problem with that company. Recently I noticed that when a transformer blew, and took out a frontend for Comcast -- first it was network lag, then KABOOM (because it was on our street!)... entire area all power was down for over a day, AND Comcast! Power company had the power back on within 12hrs, but Comcast took over a day to fix it.

THAT is a local network problem! lololol

7 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Server side items are still served by the studio. Clients only have the textures/models on their machines, not what the studios serve to them (NPCs in persistent worlds are "projected" on your machine, as they're containers for what the server is SENDING you).

When my network is laggy and all, it will be noticed across ALL sites. When it's only affecting one game ... that's a server/network problem with that company. Recently I noticed that when a transformer blew, and took out a frontend for Comcast -- first it was network lag, then KABOOM (because it was on our street!)... entire area all power was down for over a day, AND Comcast! Power company had the power back on within 12hrs, but Comcast took over a day to fix it.

THAT is a local network problem! lololol

IDK, why you telling that to me. I think you either misunderstand the network the game is using or don't know about it at all. Normal game that using Client/Server like WoW or anyother MMORPG out there will using the model you present. But P2P game like some shooter game or Warframe will have one of the game client run as host. They'll act as substitute for the Server side. Any client connect to the game session will connect to the host NOT the game main Server.

That is why when DE deploy the new patch/hotfix you'll not got boot out of the game even if the main Server are down. But they did tell you to stay in the mission until the server are back up again, because when you finish the mission host will send any statistic to the server to receive rewards (mostly random rewards you got in the game like caches/relics). In short, even if Main server (DE server) are down for a short time, it'll not even have any effect of the on going game (because they didn't directly connect to DE server). On the other hand, any connection issue in the on going game also didn't cause by bad connection by the DE server either. And I stress the on going part... we can sill have log-in issue or server down and can't finish mission lol...

3 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

IDK, why you telling that to me. I think you either misunderstand the network the game is using or don't know about it at all. Normal game that using Client/Server like WoW or anyother MMORPG out there will using the model you present. But P2P game like some shooter game or Warframe will have one of the game client run as host. They'll act as substitute for the Server side. Any client connect to the game session will connect to the host NOT the game main Server.

To show you the difference.

If I have a network problem, I contact my BIL who is a network engineer (and for over 30 years). He tells me check the line quality; SNR; power settings. If they're in range from your home, your network is fine. It's not an issue coming from your home if the setting are fine.

From your home to the tap becomes the first hop. From that hop to the central switch in your locale is the 2nd hop -- that's local.

I illustrated to you and others what consists of a "local network" problem.

From there it's either the national pipelines -- and if network traffic is fine to other sites but just ONE site isn't -- deductive reasoning is, it's from their end.

Secondly, you don't understand that DE does have central computers too. They have to send and recieve data to understand who you are; where you are; what you are doing; and SERVE you data for that region.

Ingame vendors, for example, are server based. Not on your client (if they allowed that, people would cheat all day by messing with client files). Your client only has the textures/3 models and the programming when to use what when and their conditionals, with a networking side to it so DE can serve you server connected data.

IF you are disconnected from the database or their data stream while playing, the game goes "dead". You can still be in the world, but the events and missons and all server connected data, won't exist.

DE, without central connection servers to matchmake (to save money) is related to client connections, but Warframe is still data connected to central servers -- persistent worlds and persistent game connections need it.

If your connection is fine = it's on DE's end.

Now do you understand???

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

IF you are disconnected from the database or their data stream while playing, the game goes "dead". You can still be in the world, but the events and missons and all server connected data, won't exist.

DE, without central connection servers to matchmake (to save money) is related to client connections, but Warframe is still data connected to central servers -- persistent worlds and persistent game connections need it.

If your connection is fine = it's on DE's end.

Now do you understand???

I think you should read my previous reply carefully...

27 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

In short, even if Main server (DE server) are down for a short time, it'll not even have any effect of the on going game (because they didn't directly connect to DE server). On the other hand, any connection issue in the on going game also didn't cause by bad connection by the DE server either. And I stress the on going part... we can sill have log-in issue or server down and can't finish mission lol...

Now do you understand? If not I'll directly said as a very simple term. In game lag did not cause by DE server or anything. The on going game meaning the game that already started. Anything I said about DE server are in the previous reply. I did not said DE doesn't have a server.

You should understand the part about P2P (peer-to-peer, in case you don't understand) that implement into the Warframe game. Yes, DE still have server. Yes, anything about item/transection still have to go by the server. But any game sessions did not go by the DE server until the end of the session/save point. That is why there are problem with host migration that make people mad about the lost item. DE said that they can recover the lost item if one of the squad member did get those item. That is mean they do have statistic on their side to check for your item and recovered it. If this is really Client/Server game this will not happen. As everything will come by the server before client can see it.

1 minute ago, NocheLuz said:

I think you should read my previous reply carefully...

Now do you understand? If not I'll directly said as a very simple term. In game lag did not cause by DE server or anything. The on going game meaning the game that already started. Anything I said about DE server are in the previous reply. I did not said DE doesn't have a server.

You should understand the part about P2P (peer-to-peer, in case you don't understand) that implement into the Warframe game. Yes, DE still have server. Yes, anything about item/transection still have to go by the server. But any game sessions did not go by the DE server until the end of the session/save point. That is why there are problem with host migration that make people mad about the lost item. DE said that they can recover the lost item if one of the squad member did get those item. That is mean they do have statistic on their side to check for your item and recovered it. If this is really Client/Server game this will not happen. As everything will come by the server before client can see it.

It's SERVERS. Central doesn't only mean one. It's a BANK of them both frontends and "fat" databases. To save money DE doesn't have a bank of frontends to do the matchmaking for players, which causes a lot of problems (like network instability). A major one is keeping connections stable that frontend connection servers do.

When you just are the matchmaker (like in the dialup days!), there is no stability (it's the flipside of Central networking). I can maintain my network and keep tabs on it, but I can't with others. "Central" matchmaking servers can. WHY WoW can have stable connections even from Australia and New Zeland to LA. If you connect to someone in Holland from LA, there's a good chance a node along the way is going to drop packets at DDoS levels, leading to packet errors and disconnections, too.

Do you understand that? Do you understand how/why packet drops are b-a-d???

Both centralized and decentralized computing has it's positives and negatives. In this case trying to use dialup networking with a broadband persistent connection model = a hot mess.

DE needs to look at their routing and a better way to serve content -- more so when having "host migration" errors sometimes twice in a match, hopping from one host to another.

My sis playing WoW in contrast, isn't having any of those problems. Dual boxing multiple accounts included.

That game I was "playing" for 10 days while in the hospital and some of it in a coma? Rock solid connection. Came back with millions of XP for playing 24/10!!!

5 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Do you understand that? Do you understand how/why packet drops are b-a-d???

Both centralized and decentralized computing has it's positives and negatives. In this case trying to use dialup networking with a broadband persistent connection model = a hot mess.

DE needs to look at their routing and a better way to serve content -- more so when having "host migration" errors sometimes twice in a match, hopping from one host to another.

My sis playing WoW in contrast, isn't having any of those problems. Dual boxing multiple accounts included.

That game I was "playing" for 10 days while in the hospital and some of it in a coma? Rock solid connection. Came back with millions of XP for playing 24/10!!!

I understand that you're not understand the Warframe game at all lol...

I gave up on convincing you now. But I want you or someone to try this...

1. Log-in to the game. Start the game Solo. You'll be the host.

2. After you start the game. Disconnect any internet connection. Play until the end of the game then reconnect the internet and finish the mission. You'll still play normally and receive reward normally. This will not happen with any Client/Server. As they'll disconnected immediately after you disconnected the internet.

3. If you still not convince... Try starting the game as friend only or invite only... You can start as public but don't be a d*ck... If you disconnected you as the host will still play normally while anyother players will disconnected from your game.

Now tell me why WoW cannot play the game while being disconnected like Warframe? You'll not feel any lag if you playing as the host that is obvious... You'll not even get disconnect or host migrstion as host. You'll only met with loop of updating information and network not respond if the game try to connect to either game server or chat server while you're disconnected.

19 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I understand that you're not understand the Warframe game at all lol...

"Everyone else is wrong, but I am right" mess? lol

20 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

2. After you start the game. Disconnect any internet connection. Play until the end of the game then reconnect the internet and finish the mission. You'll still play normally and receive reward normally. This will not happen with any Client/Server. As they'll disconnected immediately after you disconnected the internet.

And get sent right back to your Liset (or kicked offline), as the authentication server can't identify you. No connection to the authentication server, they wouldn't know who you are and this game has real money transactions (THAT will get the law on DE if they don't track how plat is used/traded/spent!!!).

You're thinking Warframe is like a single player game with dialup hosting networking only. It's not like that. It needs a persistent connection to serve and recieve data from your client. MMOs have always been like that since Ultima and EQ (and before that in MUDs). These are ONLINE games. Not playing the original Deus Ex or Civilization offline.

DE doesn't have a stand alone offline model that lets you play online, because how that will interfere with online play (like hacking client files).

11 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

"Everyone else is wrong, but I am right" mess? lol

yes, thanks your typing that for me so I don't have to type it lol.

11 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

And get sent right back to your Liset (or kicked offline), as the authentication server can't identify you. No connection to the authentication server, they wouldn't know who you are and this game has real money transactions (THAT will get the law on DE if they don't track how plat is used/traded/spent!!!).

You're thinking Warframe is like a single player game with dialup hosting networking only. It's not like that. It needs a persistent connection to serve and recieve data from your client. MMOs have always been like that since Ultima and EQ (and before that in MUDs). These are ONLINE games. Not playing the original Deus Ex or Civilization offline.

DE doesn't have a stand alone offline model that lets you play online, because how that will interfere with online play (like hacking client files).

Nope, I thought my memory serve me wrong so I running a quick mission of Sabotage and do just that. You don't get send back to Orbiter. You don't get kick out of the mission, obviously you're the host. You still get reward if you do what I said earlier. Also, if you even read my previous reply you'll know about transections (which surprise me you even said that... that's mean you don't even read my reply carefully at all).

I think you're just talking big for the sake of argument but not even listening to me or even the evidences I present for you to verify it. Which is sad... It's like even if the truth are on your face you still deny it and think you're the right one here...

Just now, NocheLuz said:

yes, thanks your typing that for me so I don't have to type it lol.

Nope, I thought my memory serve me wrong so I running a quick mission of Sabotage and do just that. You don't get send back to Orbiter. You don't get kick out of the mission, obviously you're the host. You still get reward if you do what I said earlier. Also, if you even read my previous reply you'll know about transections (which surprise me you even said that... that's mean you don't even read my reply carefully at all).

I think you're just talking big for the sake of argument but not even listening to me or even the evidences I present for you to verify it. Which is sad... It's like even if the truth are on your face you still deny it and think you're the right one here...

I'll just leave this at that.

1 hour ago, NocheLuz said:

1. Log-in to the game. Start the game Solo. You'll be the host.

17 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

6 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

I'll just leave this at that.

In case someone didn't fully read the reply... But I think this thread gone out too far already. And all of the other replies before me suggest host connection (either to/from) not even once said DE...