The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Gravimag - How to obtain?

Dotdevnull

Hello all,

As I am fairly new to the game and stil learning, I am not sure what I need to do in order to obtain this item or where to even start. Could someone please provide clarification, I am sure there are others wondering the same so this thread could help others.

Thank you in advance!

โ€˜ATMOSPHEREโ€™ ARCH-GUN WEAPONS
Itโ€™s time we equipped some serious floor firepower! All Arch-Guns can be used on the ground - or as we like to call it โ€˜Atmosphereโ€™ - with the use of a โ€˜Gravimagโ€™. Gravimag is obtained from Clan Research, or as a one-time reward from the Orb Heist Phase 3 Bounty, and can be installed on any Arch-Gun (with an Orokin Catalyst installed) via the Upgrade Arsenal - similar to installing a Catalyst.

It's in the patch notes...

1 minute ago, Dotdevnull said:

I read that and I am not sure what Orb Heist's are, or their phases. That is why I made this post, to expand on the explanation to those of us who don't know these implicit things.

THE TARGET: THE PROFIT-TAKER
The Profit-Taker is perched atop the Enrichment Labs on the outskirts of Fortuna. It's protected by Sentient overshield technology and new Corpus fighters, making it invulnerable to weapons fire.

THE PLAN: TAKE DOWN THE ORB MOTHER
Before we can take on the Profit-Taker, we need to discover a weakness in its defenses. Work with Solaris United to get the intel and the tools you need to get the job done.

REQUIRED:ย โ€˜Old Mateโ€™ Rank with Solaris United Standing

HOW TO START:ย Talk to Eudico in the Backroom and accept the Profit-Taker Bounties.

• Profit-Taker Bounties must be completed in chronological order first, at which afterwards they can be completed in any order.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

THE TARGET: THE PROFIT-TAKER
The Profit-Taker is perched atop the Enrichment Labs on the outskirts of Fortuna. It's protected by Sentient overshield technology and new Corpus fighters, making it invulnerable to weapons fire.

THE PLAN: TAKE DOWN THE ORB MOTHER
Before we can take on the Profit-Taker, we need to discover a weakness in its defenses. Work with Solaris United to get the intel and the tools you need to get the job done.

REQUIRED:ย โ€˜Old Mateโ€™ Rank with Solaris United Standing

HOW TO START:ย Talk to Eudico in the Backroom and accept the Profit-Taker Bounties.

• Profit-Taker Bounties must be completed in chronological order first, at which afterwards they can be completed in any order.

Exactly what I was looking for and thank you!

I understand being overwhelmed as a new player... just slowly read and make notes from your research and you will figure it out. Youโ€™ve been giving everything you need here.... I wanted to do some of the new stuff when I started but it seemed so dang complicated at first. Keep plugging away and youโ€™ll have it down in short order.ย 

4 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

I understand being overwhelmed as a new player... just slowly read and make notes from your research and you will figure it out. Youโ€™ve been giving everything you need here.... I wanted to do some of the new stuff when I started but it seemed so dang complicated at first. Keep plugging away and youโ€™ll have it down in short order.ย 

I'm not new i'm effected by that silly bug, i'm MR 16 on XB1 where i play the game, i did misread though so i own up to that, but if it's only one without the dojo that's still not OK,

1 minute ago, Dotdevnull said:

I dont know what "Clan Research" is or means within the context of this game. That is why I am asking.

"Researchย is the process of using materials to create interesting and unique weapons and items within theย Clan Dojo. Theย Oracle Roomย must be built before any of the labs can be built and research can begin. Each lab room represents a separate area of research for different types of weapons and items.ย All projects will take 36-72 hours to research, as no project can be rushed forย platinum. Once research is complete, Tenno will be able to purchase theย Blueprintsย from the Respective Lab."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Research

No, it's S#&$ design.ย  Making it dojo exclusive makes it really suckย and inconvenient.ย  To be fair though it's the Warframe way.ย  Guess in 3-4 days I can get another grav mag after putting my free one into a not great gun.ย  ย Archwing guns are the beeeeeeest ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ย  ย Im not salty.

17 minutes ago, Wizepenny said:

No, it's S#&$ design.ย  Making it dojo exclusive makes it really suckย and inconvenient.ย  To be fair though it's the Warframe way.ย  Guess in 3-4 days I can get another grav mag after putting my free one into a not great gun.ย  ย Archwing guns are the beeeeeeest ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ย  ย Im not salty.

You can get it as drops from T3 heist.

I encourage everyone to go and carefully read every single heist reward. You need to do it anyway in order to farm a copy of each new mod.

Edited by wtflag

10 minutes ago, wtflag said:

You can get it as drops from T3 heist.

I encourage everyone to go and carefully read every single heist reward. You need to do it anyway in order to farm a copy of each new mod.

No, you cannot. The current rewards are as follows: x3 Gyromag Systems, Meso R1 Relic [Radiant], Marked Target mod, x3 Atmo Systems, x3 Sola Toroid, Neo K2 Relic [Radiant], Sabot Rounds mod, x3 Repeller Systems, Strain Infection mod.

"...players get a Gravimag as one-time rewardย upon their first completion of the Phase 3 of theย Profit-Taker Orbย Heist."

It's a shame that a certain few are deciding to be arrogant when presented with a new player. Clearly showing why people say we're a bad community.

ย 

The Orb Heists can be accessed once you have reached max rank within Solaris United, which I imagine you're already familiar with, however if not - it is the core faction within Fortuna. All Orb Heist missions are very high level (60-80), and most Terra units deal extemely high damage with very high health values compared to 60-80 level grineer. I recommend playing on Public with frames such as a Turbulence Zephyr, Shattershield Mesa (presuming they fixed the bug with the damage resistances) or Ironskin Rhino. Rhino will likely be more accessible for you due to already being on Venus.ย 

Once the third Orb Heist has been completed, and you have received your first gravimag, the blueprint can be acquired through clan research. If you are not currently in a clan, I recommend looking at the "Recruiting" section of the forums or the "Recruiting" section of the in-game chat. They will likely be able to explain the research in further detail there.ย 

Good luck with the rest of Fortuna.

2 hours ago, Billy50505 said:

Clearly๏ปฟ showing why people say we're a bad community.๏ปฟ

They don't.ย 

Only thing bad here is people not researching things for themselves, which is something that should be encouraged by any and all means possible.

Yeah, it's harsh, but it's an important life skill to have. How much effort do you think I put into grabbing those copy pastes? Absolutely none.

Edited by DeMonkey

10 minutes ago, DKsparda2018 said:

hello I could somebody explain how many gravimag you can have because I completed the mission of phase 3 about 5 times and only the first time gave me one and then nothing I want to put the gravimag to another weapon is a mistake or something I'm doing wrong

My understanding is that you only get the one for completing the mission. If you want more, you have to get them through clan research

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

They don't.ย 

Only thing bad here is people not researching things for themselves, which is something that should be encouraged by any and all means possible.

Yeah, it's harsh, but it's an important life skill to have. How much effort do you think I put into grabbing those copy pastes? Absolutely none.

the point is people should never have to rush toa forum or wiki to play a game, this has been warframes longest standing failure.