Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archguns

RP.Ben.Eagle

10 hours ago, RP.Ben.Eagle said:

Why the Hell did they think making Archguns a power up would be a good idea, I have waited so long to use archguns in normal missions and THIS is what I get?

Here is how it should be.

-Movement speed

can't have your secondary.

And heavy ammo would be a Rare drop... But it drops from all enemies

I am pretty sure it already does. As such I think there's a misconception going on here: you CAN have your archgun active permanently, rather than as a temporary powerup, as long as you're picking up ammo for it. Yeah it SAYS it's on a ten-minute cooldown, but picking up ANY ammo for it resets that cooldown instantly

23 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I am pretty sure it already does. As such I think there's a misconception going on here: you CAN have your archgun active permanently, rather than as a temporary powerup, as long as you're picking up ammo for it. Yeah it SAYS it's on a ten-minute cooldown, but picking up ANY ammo for it resets that cooldown instantly

Erm.... if that is so, then the 10m CD is only for a full ammo restock and not for equipping it again?

I have noticed that the CD disappeared altogether, but because the Orb Mother fight was so hectic I couldn't catch why.

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I don't mind it being a power-up. But I wish the punishment wasn't quite as harsh, since most missions don't last 10 minutes overall, especially not after using the archgun. But at least it's better than Transcendence since you can deploy it straight away 

I'd like to be able to use that power up a great deal more. Maybe have the game track how well you're doing after running out of bullets, and if you're still doing well, drop a heavy weapon ammo pack in your path to reward you. Or just flat reduce the cooldown. 

And a buff would be appreciated, just to really sell that we're bringing artillery into a gunfight. 

Idea:

We have a choice. Either we can choose to equip it along side our normal weps, and the 10min cooldown stays, but any enemy can rarely drop partial heavy ammo that speeds up the cooldown a bit rather than resetting it, or we can choose to unequip a weapon for it. each weapon we un equip for it reduces the cooldown by 33.33%

Idea 2:

The cooldown starts when we first fire the weapon, and can finish while it's out, which in return refills half the ammo. This would reward proper trigger control opposed to ramboing it by effectively giving you infinite use if you intelligently place your shots, if they really dont want them to be rambo weapons.

One thing i don't get is why the arch-gun cant be unequipped manually to save ammunition for when we need it, With a slow ammunition recharge when not equipped.

Please return to the idea of sacrificing both primary and secondary weapon slots to use a arch-gun in a normal load-out, The beacon would still have a use for players who don't want use a arch-gun primary during orb fights.

Edited by Sir-Swerving

It just sucks that Archguns are the new Amps for Fortuna. Outside of fighting Orb Mothers, I can't see how they would be viable. The worst part is how bad they feel to use even when you're using them against an Orb Mother. They're just so clunky. I take the most damage just equipping it and/or reloading. DE also completely ruined the recoil of the Velocitus, which also makes you more vulnerable than it should. I haven't tried the other ones, so maybe it's just the Velocitus, but it just feels crappy to use, especially when you combine that with all the other stuns you get out there.