Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime access

(PSN)Mono-Pop

$105 for the prime warframe?

That is absolutely ridiculous, you guys even had the balls the put the booster packs in a seperate bundle with the ugly operator accessories.

Are DE really so desperate they need to nickle and dime people like this?

I was so excited to get Mesa Prime the day she came out, but I’m not spending $105 on a skin, or $82 on some boosters.

Honestly, it kind of sours warframe in general for me.

I started playing this game because of the Noclip documentary, it portrayed you guys as being different.

But looking at this, this is more predatory and disgusting than anything Bungie have ever employed.

So disappointed with DE and the Mesa prime release.

Today I am embarrassed to be a warframe player.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Hi there^^

Just as a friendly reminder:
If you are only interested in the Mesa Prime Warframe and don't care about / don't like the other contents of the current Prime Access, you can always just farm this new Warframe ingame using different relics. (Or get the different parts from other players using the ingame trading-system. That is a quick method too, but probably costs platinum) 
Sure this takes time and a little bit more effort, but that way you will safe those 105$ for sure 🙂
Furthermore - if I remember correctly - I think that the boosters were always part of the Prime Access Accessoires pack in all the other PAs in the past, so DE isn't doing anything new there imo.

Can only understand your anger  (and what seems like pure hatred because of a freaking PA) to some degree... sorry if this sounds harsh.
I personally don't fully like the Mesa Prime Prime Access too, but oh well...
Hope you still have fun playing Warframe in the future!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Estellrie said:

Mesa Prime can be obtained in-game by farming corresponding void relic, you don't have to purchase the prime access unless you wanted the unique accessories or you are lazy to farm for it.

Yeah I’m going to farm it.

I was excited to buy the frame on day one and get some plat and have some fun, instead I woke up today, opened warframe and saw the pack, and I’m left in a blinding fit of rage.

If it was all of it together for $85, I would’ve bought that pack and been happy about it.

No amount of virtual currency makes what DE have done here acceptable.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

10 rep and the beginners glyph. Yeah you don’t know what you’re talking about

I’m sorry that I haven’t been playing this game for 5 years, but yeah as a consumer I am allowed to say when I don’t think something is a good deal.

Edit, even if I changed my glyph I would still be angry about DE charging $105 for a skin.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’m sorry that I haven’t been playing this game for 5 years, but yeah as a consumer I am allowed to say when I don’t think something is a good deal.

We all knew from the moment they revealed the accessories that it’s not worth buying. They’ve done bad prime accessory packs. And the proper response to them is to not buy them. Instead of crying and ranting about how they DARED to put into the exact same boosters into this one as they’ve done for all the prime accessory packs.

• Like 1

Hey there, I think one thing you should know is that prime access was never intended to be the main way to get a prime frame. It's a way for you to support the game, and you shouldn't feel like you need to spend money to acquire the frame/weapons in the bundle! IF you did feel like spending a bit of money you could use trade chat as Fabpsi pointed out! However, I would caution you to not buy anything from trade now as there it is usually very overpriced and the price should stabilize as more people acquire the parts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

We all knew from the moment they revealed the accessories that it’s not worth buying. They’ve done bad prime accessory packs. And the proper response to them is to not buy them. Instead of crying and ranting about how they DARED to put into the exact same boosters into this one as they’ve done for all the prime accessory packs.

Everyone knew about it, and the correct response is not to buy them, yet “crying and ranting” about it isn’t okay?

Dude, if something seems wrong to you you are allowed to speak out about it.

DE even say themselves they want feedback from the forums.

I didn’t like something, I brought it to attention on the forums.

What are you doing?

• Like 3

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Most people goes for the accessories actually so you can buy the Accessories pack instead.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Everyone knew about it, and the correct response is not to buy them, yet “crying and ranting” about it isn’t okay?

What are you doing?

buying the pack so you could play this game for free.  but that's just an assanine answer.  look prime access has been the same price since god knows when, 2-3 years?  they never changed the price since then and the configuration is almost always the same you could expect the same kind of item for every tier.  given they fecked up some of it, and they did respond to those criticisms.  Raging over the price is kind of unneccessary, but well within your rights.  Just saying.

and wait, isnt the tier to get the frame only 80$ and not 105$?

Edited by foxydadee

2 minutes ago, foxydadee said:

buying the pack so you could play this game for free.  but that's just an assanine answer.  look prime access has been the same price since god knows when, 2-3 years?  they never changed the price since then and the configuration is almost always the same you could expect the same kind of item for every tier.  given they fecked up some of it, and they did respond to those criticisms.  Raging over the price is kind of unneccessary, but well within your rights.  Just saying.

I wasn’t here 2-3 years ago to complain.

I can only comment on the things that I have experienced.

What on earth do you mean “buying the pack so you could play the game for free.”

What are you even trying to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

What on earth do you mean “buying the pack so you could play the game for free.”

He means, people buy Prime Access so others can play the game for free. Prime Access helps financially supports Warframe. Yes it is expensive but you are under no obligation to purchase it. I usually buy it for the discounted Platinum to use on the other updates. The primes are just a bonus for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I wasn’t here 2-3 years ago to complain.

I can only comment on the things that I have experienced.

i'm saying that in order for DE to stay afloat, they have to get their money somewhere.  and in order for that to happen, people have to buy their stuff.  otherwise, this game will just close up shop.  economics.  charging for an item that is farmable is a sound business practice in my opinion.  doesnt make the game pay to win and it doesnt keep free players from progressing and  it kept them afloat for years now so i'm guessing it's a good business model?

Edited by foxydadee

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

What are you doing?

Yeah I was surprised also but I support the game and threw 188.90 at them with a smile for there efforts... The game is free but the people who make it happen for us ain't free as they need to live also and how can you iron out bugs when you need to keep paying people to do it... You can grind for it all which I will be also as why not as well make some extra plat in the process to make up for the wowser really tag... Strange the booster being split and to the value using plat in game for the operator junk hrmmmm query that one not the price 😉 do the math. The booster cost more then it has ever cost.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxydadee said:

i'm saying that in order for DE to stay afloat, they have to get their money somewhere.  and in order for that to happen, people have to buy their stuff.  otherwise, this game will just close up shop.  economics.  charging for an item that is farmable is a sound business practice in my opinion.  doesnt make the game pay to win and it doesnt keep free players from progressing and  it kept them afloat for years now so i'm guessing it's a good business model?

Some form of monetisation besides;

Weapon slots.

Warframe slots.

Sentinel slots.

Colour palettes.

Catalysts.

Reactors.

Greater lenses.

Rush for platinum costs.

Catch of the day x 3-4.

Syandanas.

Warframe skins.

Warframe helmets.

Weapon skins.

Attachments.

Animations.

Affinity, resource and credit boosters.

Operator hair, clothing and accessories.

The platinum price of Endo.

UI skins.

Ship decorations.

Yet on top of that we have scams like prime access.

DE aren’t the starving company they were four years ago when Noclip made his documentary. The amount they gouge this community is unacceptable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Some form of monetisation besides;

Weapon slots.

Warframe slots.

Sentinel slots.

Colour palettes.

Catalysts.

Reactors.

Greater lenses.

Rush for platinum costs.

Catch of the day x 3-4.

Syandanas.

Warframe skins.

Warframe helmets.

Weapon skins.

Attachments.

Animations.

Affinity, resource and credit boosters.

Operator hair, clothing and accessories.

The platinum price of Endo.

UI skins.

Ship decorations.

Yet on top of that we have scams like prime access.

DE aren’t the starving company they were four years ago when Noclip made his documentary. The amount they gouge this community is unacceptable.

You do know you can make plat in the game you really really do not have to spend a cent if you don't want to 🙂 Also you can get most of them items free such as affy credit etc for free you can actually find them in maps... Good one the other day for example a person I play with broke a golden box containing 30x3d credit booster

Wow EDIT: I can list all the ways to get everything you have listed for free *drops mike*

Edited by (PS4)reignsblade
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)reignsblade said:

You do know you can make plat in the game you really really do not have to spend a cent if you don't want to 🙂 Also you can get most of them items free such as affy credit etc for free you can actually find them in maps... Good one the other day for example a person I play with broke a golden box containing 30x3d credit booster

That’s a UI bug.

you can find 30 minute boosters in tiles, but when you pick them up it always says you found 30 of them.

30 x 30 minute booster, but you actually only get 1.

Just now, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

That’s a UI bug.

you can find 30 minute boosters in tiles, but when you pick them up it always says you found 30 of them.

30 x 30 minute booster, but you actually only get 1.

Peace out can't help someone who doesn't want to be. Also that comment must mean my screen is bugged also when I look up in the top right telling me the times remaining.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The only pack that includes Mesa prime costs $105.

the other $85 pack is operator accessories and 2/3 90 day boosters.

There’s 4 prime access options, always have been. Weapon pack, Warframe and weapon pack, accessories pack and a pack that has everything. What region are you in anyway? 

I’m sorry but this is a free game with a free economy, if you don’t wanna buy it then don’t. DE will know how you feel about it and sees your feedback when you don’t buy it, complaining won’t do anything, speak with your wallet 

You know you can farm it, then just do that. Consider buying the prime vault if it’s more worth it to you 

I presume you are just starting out the game, if you are, please take your time to observe that all platinum based item are reasonably accessible due to the fact platinum can be traded in this game. 

Note that Warframe has one of the more friendly approach to platinum trading that you will ever find in other games, many of the free resources you can find in game can be traded for platinum. If you compare that with Destiny 2, that is non-existent.

Understandably, warframe did a poor job in showing their newcomers that the game is f2p friendly. I suggest you stick around more and learn the rope of the game.