Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Off-meta Eidolon hunting

(PSN)Mono-Pop

Hello there 🙂

Let me preface this by saying my account is 44 days old, I am a green little bean, but I have been researching my little heart out and trying to keep my finger on the pulse of this game.

While progressing through this game is became clearly evident I was going to need to kill Eidolons if I wanted to get them sweet, sweet arcanes.

I looked up all the guides I could, saying Rhino, Harrow, Trinity, Chroma, Oberon, etc..

Of which I had none.

Long story short, I’ve killed roughly 23 teralysts, 6 Gantulysts, and 2 Hydrolysts. (The first Hydrolyst I was ABSOLUTELY carried through.)

All as Ivara.

With a little bit of multishot and a lot of radiation (little bit of the Sarpa too) I am consistently making up the bulk of my teams damage.

Most runs as high as 60%

My plan was always to build Harrow and maybe Forma a Lanka to hell and back...

But it doesn’t really seem like I’ll need to xD

Anyone else have a similar story, or odd little off meta things you use on the Eidolons.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Tell that to all the people that abuse me in Cetus when I’m forming groups haha.

I get asked to swap to a different warframe before 2/3rds of my hunts.

My clan mate I run with has to vouche for me all the time haha 

Food for thought:
There was also a mission type a couple years back where the "meta" frames are Mag and Mesa. You'll get flamed most of the time if you don't have those two frames in a group so DE resorted to frame reworks/changes and also mission area changes. I'm seeing a similarity on behavior on that and the Eidolon hunts so I'm expecting changes in the future.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

odd little off meta things you use on the Eidolons

Probably not on-meta, but certainly talked about (at least when Eidolons were young) was Transistor Shield Volt, which is my go-to for the hunts. I'll take a Volt with the Transistor Shield augment and a raw-damage/Crit Rubico (prime), chuck down Shields everywhere to block and gather damage, then shoot through them with empowered crits. Works decently well.

7 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

But Ivara is also meta?

Well, yes. Meta in that's she's strong as hek and highly effective, but the Warframe community tends to have a slightly skewed perspective on what it lofts (in general) as the meta. Since Warframe isn't hard, the meta-ness of something is a combination of the sheer power of something, and the ease with which that something lets you meet the win condition of a mission. It's not only in the something's efficacy, it's in the amount of effort the something lets players avoid. This perspective is why the Atterax remains a popular "meta" weapon despite it being  -- well, pretty good, but not the best. It meets the (low bar of) win conditions for most content, while its long-range sweeps remove the requirement of the player to aim at what they're attacking. Back to Eidolons, this is why Rhino is on-meta (he kinda is everywhere, but anyway). He's effective because he allows significant buffs to weapon damage to the whole squad, but he also lets players hand-wave any kind of effort to stay alive when his Iron Skin gives you an extra **K health bar for 50 Energy.

3 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Probably not on-meta, but certainly talked about (at least when Eidolons were young) was Transistor Shield Volt, which is my go-to for the hunts. I'll take a Volt with the Transistor Shield augment and a raw-damage/Crit Rubico (prime), chuck down Shields everywhere to block and gather damage, then shoot through them with empowered crits. Works decently well.

Well, yes. Meta in that's she's strong as hek and highly effective, but the Warframe community tends to have a slightly skewed perspective on what it lofts (in general) as the meta. Since Warframe isn't hard, the meta-ness of something is a combination of the sheer power of something, and the ease with which that something lets you meet the win condition of a mission. It's not only in the something's efficacy, it's in the amount of effort the something lets players avoid. This perspective is why the Atterax remains a popular "meta" weapon despite it being  -- well, pretty good, but not the best. It meets the (low bar of) win conditions for most content, while its long-range sweeps remove the requirement of the player to aim at what they're attacking. Back to Eidolons, this is why Rhino is on-meta (he kinda is everywhere, but anyway). He's effective because he allows significant buffs to weapon damage to the whole squad, but he also lets players hand-wave any kind of effort to stay alive when his Iron Skin gives you an extra **K health bar for 50 Energy.

Thank you for your response 🙂

Yeah Ivara is pretty strong for sure, but the Hydrolyst isn’t well suited to Artemis bow.

A really nice part about Ivara is that she can prowl to avoid the random spam that comes off the Eidolon, so you can stay airborne and close to limbs to rip them off.

Works on the teralyst, works on the Gantulyst...

Doesnt work on the Hydrolyst xD

Harry is above warframes, the only thing that can deal with him are our over powered weapons xD

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

My friend runs Titania on eidolon runs.

He bound his firing key to the mouse wheel so that he can enter Razorwing, spin the wheel and instadelete a limb.

I guess it the end it may be less efficient than one tapping it with a sniper rifle for no energy cost, but he enjoys it and it works

Edited by Almighty_Jado

13 minutes ago, BemoGuinness said:

Nyx Prime with Corinth and not using lures is what I was using to solo it. Takes quite a bit of leg work though. 

Would you mind explaining a little about why you wouldn’t use lures as solo Nyx?

I am very curious :)

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop