Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna using 100% hard disk

D4rkwalker1

My problem is what i dont know why when Fortuna was released  everything  was good , i mean no problems of lag or something else ,  but after of the last (5 -6) hotfix,   the lag begin  but not lag from graphics , the lag comes from the use of  the disk i mean fortuna use 100% of disk idk WHY...    Thx and sorry for my bad english

Disk usage can be either writing some too big RAM things to the disk to spare some RAM or beeing reading stuff from the disk (I think it's that).

As they made Fortuna a way we can go from town to the open zone without loading screen, the big files must be taken somewhere. On solo game you load all the 3d on every loading screen once and that fill your RAM. They did something different to avoid the out of memory problem on warframe.

hmm god... i really dont know  as I said when fortune was released everything was going well  no problems with nothing... i have 8gb RAM  (7.5gb usable beacause i dont have graphics card) but I use the graphics in the minimum, but there is no better performance in fortune, it means that it is not problem  by graphics  and no problem with RAM because the most that fortune uses are 60% and the disc is new it do not have  a year of use.... im so sad  😕

I have been having this issue too. When Fortuna first released, it was pretty bad. After they patched it a few times, it was running pretty good overall. With Part 2, it's back to awful performance again. It seems like the optimization went backwards. I hope they can fix it because it makes moving between areas a horrible chore. It takes less time to Alt+F4 and crash the game, and restart it, than it does to leave Fortuna and return to the orbiter.

Edit: I am looking into more updated drivers to see if that will help things. It can't hurt.

Edit2: Installing the latest graphics driver had little effect. However, I turned Superfetch back on and it seems to have helped considerably. If it's disable, try re-enabling it. In the latest version of Windows 10 it would be labeled SysMain.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

On 2018-12-20 at 2:52 PM, D4rkwalker1 said:

i have 8gb RAM  (7.5gb usable beacause i dont have graphics card)

Integrated graphics can only use shared system memory as video memory. Although integrated graphics might have 0.5 GB of stolen system memory for "Dedicated GPU Memory", they can go farther and use up to 4 GB with shared GPU memory. This can run out of system memory, slowing down loading screens with lots of HDD usage. My computer have 32 GB RAM and fast SSD. Quite often I see 64 bit Warframe use about 7 GB of system memory and 4 GB of video memory.

Try one or more of these:

1. Upgrade RAM to 16 GB. Unused system RAM is used to automatically cache frequently used files into a faster RAM to speed up loading.

2. Using slow HDD? Maybe move Warframe to a faster SSD (Solid State Drive).

3. Launcher settings, turn off 64 bit. 32 bit use less memory, about 1 GB of video memory and up to 4 GB of system memory. Each 32 bit process is limited to 4 GB of RAM, there is a risk of 32 bit Warframe crashing from out of 4 GB memory.

4. If using desktop tower, use a graphics card with 4 GB video memory. This can free up some system memory with integrated graphics disabled.

Sadly this doesn't have to do with anything in regards to your system, this is definitely a Memory Leak as other players are experiencing such thing when prior to this update, they were able to head over to Orb Vallis without any issue and was even able to get to the point of Old Mate. When the Heists were introduced and the developers left for the holidays, it had left some unfortunate stuff that causes such memory usage whenever you try to enter Orb Vallis.

A: you have no dedicated GPU.

B: you have insufficient RAM.

I'm betting that windows is slamming your HDD with page file use leading to 100% HDD use. A SSD will help here, but not advised to use the SSD as primary because using an SSD as page file will reduce the life span of it significantly.

I'd recommend you get a dedicated GPU and more RAM. That will take the pressure off your HDD.

Edited by UseNet
Fixing grammar