The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the vacuum apocalypse?

Fallen_Echo

11 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Run animal instinct and it will show you the enemies and the drops, far more efficient than a vacuum.

And for a efficient kavat build every slot is important. Do I want to take off damage ? No. Armour or life link (I never put both) ? No. The 2 precepts and abilities duration augment ? No. Life steal for both sides ? No. Armour reaping and multiple enemies attack ? No. Just one room left for critical link, animal instinct or vacuum. Critical link is not so useful, vacuum can be done by hand without effort, animal instinct show me everything around me. Choice is easy.

I have a few builds that use loot radar and I only ever use then to find insignias because vaccuum/fetch just does the job better anyway. Also, if I see a rare drop it's easier to just mark it for other players. And if I can't mark it exactly or it's a very important drop, I stop and type in chat to let them know. And the best part is that I use Animal Instinct anyway because the damage/utility mods lose out to a good weapon anyway.

But please play however you want, just allow me the same courtesy.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The first one is that the necesseary evil isnt even needed to be here. DE could have made the game in a matter where every kill grants everybody a set amount of loot on the end screen and balance it around when needed. Universal looting, just like how most developers handle the loot situation in similar high paced games.

I never said it was a "necessary evil". I said it was a deliberate evil. I know full well the devs could have done what you suggest, but they decided not to

The rest of your post, I agree with (except the part that you miss an entire 50% of your loot when you don't run vacuum, I honestly think you're exaggerating by like 35, maybe 40 percentage points)

Edited by TARINunit9

57 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The rest of your post, I agree with (except the part that you miss an entire 50% of your loot when you don't run vacuum, I honestly think you're exaggerating by like 35, maybe 40 percentage points)

Counted it with both pickup counts and endscreen results. I generally dont stop to get loot so if i fly over 6 pieces of whatever is under me, if vacuum is not in those are lost, this was the most obvious in exterminate missions and in every mission where you dont usuallly just camp down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Counted it with both pickup counts and endscreen results. I generally dont stop to get loot so if i fly over 6 pieces of whatever is under me, if vacuum is not in those are lost, this was the most obvious in exterminate missions and in every mission where you dont usuallly just camp down.

Oooooh, you're one of those Volts, that makes sense now

(wasn't intended as an insult, despite the inflection)