Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarity slot rework

(XBOX)Sly1 86

With so many mods in the game now and so many more to come there are many different types of builds warframes can achieve and with the introduction of umbra mods modding warframes have become harder to have diverse builds. We have 3 configs at the moment but sometimes you still can’t make the build you want other than using another forma and then killing another config

so I thought instead of the way we currently make polaritys can they not be changed to act like a overlapping mod. The way we forma frames and re level them is fine and can stay the same as always but then this way if wanted I coulld forma a warframe say 8 times as an example and create 2 each of the polaritys. 

So then when ever I wanted to create a new build , a new mod comes out I could simply remove/swap the overlapping polarity with the appropriate one or if need be forma again to get a new polarity mod. This way we would truly also have 3 configs too

That’s ok for a veteran to do and is what I do currently but for someone who doesn’t have that much resources that’s a kick in the teeth to gather all resources to build frame then potato them then add several forma to them jus to change the way they build/play them

To be honest I don't have a single wf where my polarity slots are bad for the modding

Usually 1 D, 1 V and 1 - is all I need.  (health/shield/armor, duration/strength, energy/efficiency depending on frame) Sometimes another one. Maybe a second. Yeah in some cases I use mods on wrong polarities but it never limited my use... Only made me use another forma. Only thing is my umbra Nezha but that's because of umbra mods and not because of the other polarities 

Edited by Nacond

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Sly1 86 said:

That’s ok for a veteran to do and is what I do currently but for someone who doesn’t have that much resources that’s a kick in the teeth to gather all resources to build frame then potato them then add several forma to them jus to change the way they build/play them

A player shouldn't really bother with that much forma on an item if said player that doesn't even have enough resources to build something a second time.
Let's be real, if he doesn't have that many resources, he doesn't have enough stuff for that many forma either.

Tbh I'm not sure either why we can't add several polarities to the same slot (instead of replacing the current one). I imagine it would still take 1 forma to add it + re-leveling so it's not exactly free either.
Right now the system is being a pain in the hindquarters for the sake of being a pain in hindquarters. You could argue it's about F2P game being F2P, but the system in question doesn't promote money spending either so DE gets nothing out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nacond said:

Or just build the warframe a second time 🙂

and for those frames that we can't build a second time without using plat? 

I'm with the OP, forma and polarity could do with a 'small' rework, nothing overly ground breaking either imo. 

I have a few builds that are not optimal because I've had to build around the polarities that are needed for the other 2 builds or a 'meta' build requires a specific setup that then limits other build options.

DE has a couple of options to make life 'better' for players and as I said none are exactly ground breaking.

1. They could make it so we can add more than one polarity to a slot by adding multiple forma to a slot.

2. They can make it so that forma just halves the cost of any polarity in that slot (most cost effective for players but not so much for DE's plat sales)

3. The ability to individually forma a slot on a build, ie when you add a forma you get the option of all builds or current build where they then forma the slots for all builds or just the active build respectively. 

4. Give us an umbral forma so we can half their cost, make it a rare drop from orb mother's or something, it's not like they drop anything else worthwhile... I know this isn't going to happen but still....

5. Introduce universal forma which multi polarises a slot, the bp could be a rarer drop from orb mother or something. 

In all honesty while I feel most would prefer 2, I think most of us would be satisfied with either option 1 or 3. The issue will be DE 'complaining' about Database storage space again....

13 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Tbh I'm not sure either why we can't add several polarities to the same slot (instead of replacing the current one). I imagine it would still take 1 forma to add it + re-leveling so it's not exactly free either.
Right now the system is being a pain in the hindquarters for the sake of being a pain in hindquarters. You could argue it's about F2P game being F2P, but the system in question doesn't promote money spending either so DE gets nothing out of it.

That's not a bad suggestion. Then folks can switch out aura mods without having a mess on their hands.

DE, let us multi-forma slots!