Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

platinum without trading.

phitexo

Question

hello i am new player and i was wondering if there is any way to get platinum without trading or using real money. i really hate trading and also i dont stay active that much so i usually dont like the concept of staying idle in the trade chat or warframe market. i would like if de add a market in steam like csgo where you put stuff for sell and the plat automatically goes to your account.

i am currently maxed out my only warframe and the game started to feel boring. if there is no other way to earn platinum without trading i may need to get back to playing overwatch.

thank you in advance for your help. 

11 answers to this question

Just now, DeMonkey said:

You cannot earn platinum, expect by purchasing it, getting it free from streams or by trading.

You say you've maxed your Warframe and the game feels boring, what's stopping you from getting another Warframe? You don't need to buy them for platinum.

He just started the game so probably he does not know where to farm the components for the said warframe. it is gonna take time but he'll eventually understand the greatness of warframe and be used to grinding. @phitexo i recommend to unlock the venus junction and defeat the boss on fossa and farm the warframe rhino. it will take you a long way into the game.

Edited by (XB1)SavvyDeath

9 minutes ago, phitexo said:

i am currently maxed out my only warframe...

...and here's already a problem. 

There are something like 40 warframes. They ALL are earnable by playing the game, not using premium currency. 

You only need platinum for one thing: more slots for warframes and weapons. Everything else is available by playing the game. 

Cosmetics tend to fall into the premium currency bailiwick, but there are a fair amount of them available through in-game currencies or given away in assorted events. 

Warframe isn't a short term project. It can be played in small bites, but gaining power and capability in the game takes time and usually a great deal of it. Veteran players are often measured by how many thousands of hours they have in the game. You can learn the basics fairly quickly, but some things only come by doing and it's not nicknamed Warfarm for no reason. 

Platinum only comes from two sources: DE itself and other players. Ultimately it all comes from DE, but as a player you can sell stuff to your fellow travelers. It's not particularly easy, but many do it just fine and money is certainly there to be made if you've got some patience and stick-to-it-tiveness. DE does give some away on assorted livestreams, so there's an option if you manage to get lucky. 

Warframe is easy to approach and not particularly difficult as games go, but there isn't much hand-holding. A lot of your progress in the game is totally up to you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

...and here's already a problem. 

There are something like 40 warframes. They ALL are earnable by playing the game, not using premium currency. 

You only need platinum for one thing: more slots for warframes and weapons. Everything else is available by playing the game. 

Cosmetics tend to fall into the premium currency bailiwick, but there are a fair amount of them available through in-game currencies or given away in assorted events. 

Warframe isn't a short term project. It can be played in small bites, but gaining power and capability in the game takes time and usually a great deal of it. Veteran players are often measured by how many thousands of hours they have in the game. You can learn the basics fairly quickly, but some things only come by doing and it's not nicknamed Warfarm for no reason. 

Platinum only comes from two sources: DE itself and other players. Ultimately it all comes from DE, but as a player you can sell stuff to your fellow travelers. It's not particularly easy, but many do it just fine and money is certainly there to be made if you've got some patience and stick-to-it-tiveness. DE does give some away on assorted livestreams, so there's an option if you manage to get lucky. 

Warframe is easy to approach and not particularly difficult as games go, but there isn't much hand-holding. A lot of your progress in the game is totally up to you. 

thanks for the reply. i want to know how much time it takes to trade something since i dont stay active long enough at a time. i usually play a few matches take a break and then come back.

51 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You cannot earn platinum, expect by purchasing it, getting it free from streams or by trading.

You say you've maxed your Warframe and the game feels boring, what's stopping you from getting another Warframe? You don't need to buy them for platinum.

i dont have enough plats or any resources to get one.

Just now, phitexo said:

i dont have enough plats or any resources to get one.

Go farm them up. We all did. 

Get Rhino, he's your best (and first) bet going forward and is a superb warframe for farming resources and other warframes. 

Get used to farming. It's a fundamental part of the game. 

5 minutes ago, phitexo said:

i want to know how much time it takes to trade something...

It takes what it takes. I share your distaste for doing this sort of thing, but if you need platinum, you'll spend the time necessary to get it. You can sell stuff seconds after putting it up, or it could take an hour to get a nibble. There are no guarantees in how long this sort of thing takes. 

30 minutes ago, phitexo said:

i want to know how much time it takes to trade something since i dont stay active long enough at a time

It depends on whether you have something good or something not good to sell. Some items will sell immediately and some will need half an hour.

If you have something good, you can open a thread here, or on warframe.market, or in the trading subreddit, and then agree on a time for the exchange. That way the risk of having to wait is minimized.

I'm not great at trading , and I don't particularly enjoy it , but I've managed to get probably around 2,500 platinum in total.

It gets easier the further you go with the game.

I reccomend starting with maxing out a couple of factions , and selling the gear you can buy from them. Its an easy way to get your first couple of warframe slots.