The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong improvements

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

The 1st can use a charge mechanic to send the enemies flying and do bonus damage with range; but also can get a height boost for the augment.

‘Cloud Walk’ would need a cast speed increase to stun enemies for a finisher and faster movement speed to be useful in stealth.

Lastly, their staff would need more range, some puncture, and stat chance increases to make it more effective in endless missions.

Inb4 DeMonkey

As for the changes, his 1 goes against his passive and exalted with the knockback doesn't really help much.

That buff would help cloud walk but is kinda not what Wukong is built for

And the staff does need more range, puncture is debatable, and I'm not sure about the base status chance.

Inb4 DeMonkey as well.

Disagree with these on the basis that they wouldn't help.

Knockback is not something a melee frame wants.

Faster cast speed and movement speed on CW, whilst nice, wouldn't make me ever use the ability. Operator mode and Naramon focus makes it obsolete, even if it moved faster. 

The Staff absolutely needs more range yes, but it's plenty effective in endless missions as it is. Changing to puncture (which would be nonsense for what amounts to a stick) wouldn't... do anything really, nor would increased status chance.

The Staff hits around 500,000 easily and consistently at the time of posting, it absolutely doesn't need a damage buff of any form when it one shots enemies quite happily up to level 100 and beyond, higher if playing with a team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Inb4 DeMonkey as well.

Disagree with these on the basis that they wouldn't help.

Knockback is not something a melee frame wants.

Faster cast speed and movement speed on CW, whilst nice, wouldn't make me ever use the ability. Operator mode and Naramon focus makes it obsolete, even if it moved faster. 

The Staff absolutely needs more range yes, but it's plenty effective in endless missions as it is. Changing to puncture (which would be nonsense for what amounts to a stick) wouldn't... do anything really, nor would increased status chance.

The Staff hits around 500,000 easily and consistently at the time of posting, it absolutely doesn't need a damage buff of any form when it one shots enemies quite happily up to level 100 and beyond, higher if playing with a team.

We’re try to go somewhere with the Wukong rework. Otherwise we’ll get stuck with a Delux Skin and “Now you can charge your staff!” punch line.

2 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The 1st can use a charge mechanic

We already have 2 abilities, Tesla and Fireball, that DE tried to buff by adding a charge mechanic. Neither of them ended up being any better. The result wasn’t “Hey, now you can charge up this ability to make into much more impactful,” it was more like “You can charge up this mediocre ability to cast what will still end up being a mediocre ability.” 

The base ability needs to be significantly improved before it would really be worthwhile for it to get a charge mechanic. 

Edited by Gurpgork

4 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

We already have 2 abilities, Tesla and Fireball, that DE tried to buff by adding a charge mechanic. Neither of them ended up being any better. The result wasn’t “Hey, now you can charge up this ability to make into much more impactful,” it was more like “You can charge up this mediocre ability to cast what will still end up being a mediocre ability.” 

The base ability needs to be significantly improved before it would really be worthwhile for it to get a charge mechanic. 

Oh! Simple!
Fireball - No charge - Make it a bloody grenade of an ability like fireballs would be. (For example, Dark Souls' Great Fireball, tossed out, hurls towards a location, explosion of face-melting fire.

Frost's 1st that nobody uses ever except for the augment - Freeze - No charge - Frost punches the ground and summons icicles around him in a 10m radius, damaging enemies with cold and puncture damage!

Tesla - No charge - Turn enemies or allies into living Tesla Coils that continuously shock the Coil to death (No friendly fire, and remaining even upon death) and any enemy who gets close to the Coils also takes damage, half of what the Coil's taking if cast on an enemy.
Tesla Link - Add a charge mechanic where Vauban can make himself the Coil, creates links between Coils, proccing and dealing slash damage to enemies who pass through the link.

Not sure if they'd be better, but it's kinda better than "First ability... through a snowball... ... whoo..."

The only changes I would like to see is his one replaced with any kind of team buff or enemy de-buff. Then His Exalted Staff needs a stance rework or let me use Clashing Forest. He is a monkey DE his staff combos should be fluid, agile and nimble, Not linear for the love of Tenno. 

Till then I will continue to use my plague staff with Clashing Forest, ignore 4, and wish I could do more for groups than hover over them for the revive.