Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Helio To Scan Everything Again

EmperorOracle

While I was generally happy with what I saw in the recent patch notes for the hot-fix, something that caught my eye was how Helios is now unable to scan the Solaris mem fragments. When I looked into that, I also found out that Helios could scan the Cetus fish, but it wasn't meant to do that. What I'm asking the devs is to let Helios be able to scan everything, including the memory fragments and Cetus fish, but decrease the range that Helios could do so for just those specific things.

That way, we don't have to worry about constantly over-looking where one of them may be, but with a range decrease to scanning just those items, there won't be a case of simply wandering into an area and scanning them right away. It just feels like since Helios is the "scanning" sentinel, there shouldn't be a thing that it can't scan.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Xenophil said:

Here, your Helios can scan everything again.
Crybabies won this time, sadly.

I'm a sucker for punishment and have farmed all of the frames, including the notorious ones, but come on man. Scouring the entire Vallis for those lore fragments is punishing enough with Helios nabbing them. The song fragments are way into the 'no fun' category either the way they currently are. I'm all for earning stuff, but there is a point it's just too far.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xenophil said:

Here, your Helios can scan everything again.
Crybabies won this time, sadly.

How old are you?

On topic, why even reduce the range? What’s the point of Helios if it’s not scanning everything automatically? Why should we have to pull out a spear to get fish to spawn, then put it away and scan manually before they despawn, then pull it back out to get more to spawn for more scans? Who actually thinks that’s good game design?

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

On 2019-01-10 at 4:18 AM, EmperorOracle said:

... That way, we don't have to worry about constantly over-looking where one of them may be...

You don't have to: just google it.

There are guides up on teh interwebz showing the locations of all the Thousand-Year Fish, all the Kuria, where to find everything you might want to look for, with screenshots and everything. If you want to get all the scans without actually finding these things yourself, you can.

If the Orb Vallis fragments haven't been covered yet, they surely will be.

Having Helios auto-collect the fragments just means players who do want to seek these things out by their own efforts can't take Helios to these places until they've found all for themselves (or given up trying).

37 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Why should we have to pull out a spear to get fish to spawn, then put it away and scan manually before they despawn, then pull it back out to get more to spawn for more scans? Who actually thinks that’s good game design?

I believe the OP referred to the Thousand-Year Fish statuettes which are dotted around the Plains, which if found can be scanned to add lore fragments to your Codex. Not to the fish swimming in the water.

Wish there was a Helios mod that made it scan things like plants for the Apothics for silver grove, over and over, no matter if the codex is completed. Basically unlimitly scans resources. Don’t know exactly how to explain it. But some items like the plants on earth, are rescannable resources. Be nice if the Helios could always scan them or at least there be a new mod that allows for scannable resources to be scanned again, instead of having to pull out the scanner. Scanning things like that take a very long time.