Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, the Brakk. What's the point?

(XBOX)KayAitch

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

The OP is unlikely to run into either issue because they're at MR 21 at least, if not MR 22 as we speak

Just beat the MR22 test 🙂

Then that would simply shut off the Brakk to people who haven't crafted it yet, and we're back at the same problem, made even worse by the fact that the player wouldn't even have a single weapon, so much as a scattered set of parts that they can't even put together because of some arbitrary progress barrier

To be fair, nobody's going to have that problem - it's not a weapon you get the parts for by MR6 unless you're one of those strange folks who have just one loadout, refuse to play any other and keep asking on here how to get better weapons when they "don't care about MR".

Most players are going to be about MR12 before they get it, but given the extra hoops to get it and that it's not tradable the MR really doesn't matter. It can stay MR6, but power wise it should be MR12ish.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that the Brakk is shockingly mediocre for how hard it is to obtain, particularly when compared to a weapon like the Atomos

My point exactly, and good comparison given how beasty the Atmos still is even post nerf (it used to have massive chain range, you could set the whole level on fire). It's a very different type of weapon though.

I suppose the closest comparison would be the basic Detron - also MR6 but 30% status so a bit special and overpowered for that MR. From the market I guess the closest would be the MR 5 Kohmak, which does less damage, but mostly slash, longer range, rapid fire and more status chance. The Detron is way better while the Kohmak is roughly parr.

Since the Detron is status I'd make the Brakk crit - like 30% base chance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-01-18 at 5:04 PM, Celthric317 said:

Would be nice to have a reason to spent a lot of kuva on the riven I have for the weapon.

Unveiled this the day before Synth Charge  came out (24.0):

• +40.8% Reload Speed
  • +87.7% Electricity
  • +105.6% Impact
  • -38.5% Magazine Capacity

The next patch (24.0.1):

• Synth Charge Mod no longer applies to Pistols with < 5 Ammo Magazines (Knell, etc). Mod description has been updated to reflect the ‘Requires Magazine 5 or higher’ restriction.

Edited by MasterBurik

On 2019-01-18 at 5:15 AM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I would have guessed something like that, but who's keeping the Riven disposition so low? Anyone love this weapon and able to explain why?

*shuffles feet awkwardly*

On 2019-01-18 at 1:29 PM, Xzorn said:

In addition to Damage 1.0 > 2.0 changes they also later gave Brakk Damage Fall-off at max 22m which was the final nail in the coffin for the weapon. I recall shooting that thing across rooms no problem. Now you'll get 60% damage and the fall-off starts at 11m which is 1m more than some melee weapons can reach so there isn't much point.

I kinda question any weapon with such short fall-off with melee damage output that we have.

yeah the brakk used to be a goddamned sniper rifle with its accuracy and lack of falloff