Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestions] Bosses Revamped: Redesigns For Our Beloved Enemies (Concept Art Included: Update 2! Added Kela De Thaym, J3-Golem, And Ambulas!)

LoveYourEnemy

The Bosses in this game are a little lackluster (excluding Jackal, Vor, Lech Kril, and the new J3-Golem). I had some time, and did some redesigns and thought of a new boss dynamic. These are just rough sketches of how i think they should look like:

EDIT: I have a link to another member's (KARMA2605) thread for another look at the boss fight dynamics: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109254-boss-fights-lets-make-them-more-challenging-less-pewpew/#entry1264809

Councilor Vay Hek: (update 2)

Concept Art  

1425762_536192133129042_686649730_n.jpg

- Hek will have new tricks up his sleeve, along with the new look. He is to be taller and slimmer than Vor, but is to look similar since he is a political figure in Grineer society. In his cinematic, he will dramatically cast away his Grineer branded Cloak and brandish his Kundrakka. His powers and fighting style are similar to Loki and will use moving decoys, invisibility and switch teleport. He will also be quite fast and hard to hit. EDIT: He will of course use his signature shotty.

- When the battle starts, he will attack you normally, but once enough damage is done he will turn invisible and send out fighting decoys. He will recharge his shields during this, and once the decoys are killed his shields will stop recharging. He will also switch teleport occasionally to confuse you. He will throw flurries of plasma grenades after a teleport so you will have to act quickly. He will eventually rely on his special melee weapon, the Kundrakka, a heavy version of the machete. He will then use teleport to a target and surround you with a small group of 5 decoys: these are easy to kill and with a charge melee or AOE attack will destroy the decoys, revealing the real one, and he will engage in full melee combat. Once killed he will spit a few lines and run himself through with his Kundrakka.

General Sargas Ruk: Updated Version

1278024_514699761944946_931550372_o.jpg

-Ruk will be in a large, sort of open control room (control panels can be used as cover). He is a very bulky upgrade to the Grineer napalm, since he is a combat unit. He relies more on guns than powers, and will switch between the Gorgon and his own Napalm Launcher. He is slow but in return has heavier armor, but will have a weakspot tank on his back that, if you successfully flank him, you can deal massive damage and can cripple him. His one power he uses is similar to Ember's fire blast.

-He will not be a phase based boss, and will be a persistent threat (like Jackal's fight). When he uses his napalm launcher, he fires it in 3 bursts in your general area, mostly to smoke you out. In doing this though, he will need to fix his launcher and you will have a chance to attack his back. Once enough damage has been done, he will stand up and use Fire Blast to make you move away. He will then use his Gorgon and will target one player, giving the others a chance to attack his back. The big thing for this boss battle, even though Ruk is slow, is to keep moving.

Tyl Regor: (TO BE UPDATED)

1276926_514699765278279_972772516_o.jpg

-Regor will be in a large machine room with plenty of obstructions and cover, this machine room can also be a cloning facility since lore-wise Regor is the head of research in genetic repairs for the grineer clones. He also wears a light combat chassis instead of a political figure's armor, due to his worries that the Tenno can attack at any moment, and ruin his research. He will still be melee based, but will use more of Ash's powers. 

-Regor as a special melee unit is very fast, and blocking, dodging and movement will become a necessity in this fight. He uses smoke screen like he does now to go invisible to sneak up behind a target, but you will have a chance to dodge due to a 'flash' behind the target (signalling Regor is now visible). He also uses teleport and fights like a Grineer Flameblade. His special, and most deadly attack is his version of blade storm. He targets all players and will teleport behind them using a spinning air attack to deal massive damage. it is dodgeable, but you will have to act fast and keep on your toes. Using parkour in this fight will benefit you, and can keep Regor from attacking (he can teleport to you however so you cant just wall run forever.)

-Since he is also head of Gene repair research, he is smarter and more cunning than most other Grineer. He also has a small group of elite clones with almost perfected genes that protect him and let him rest in the middle of the fight. Once these are killed he will get up and be much more aggressive, dealing higher damage (mostly due to the fact these elite clones are his major achievement.)

Kela De Thaym: (NEW)

1381263_536192136462375_1396878366_n.jpg

- For the most part, her battle will be almost the same. However, since she is both a powerful warrior and a political leader in the council, she will be in her own Galleon, and will have a large captains quarters with platforms and such (supposed to look extravagant).

-She will use with her Rocket launcher a shock pole-arm dubbed "Grakitor". She will still have the 3 part fight, where she regens her shields, but when she does so she shockwaves the ground and launches herself into the air (similar to a rocket jump). She will in the last stage be highly aggressive and come at you with her melee attacks. (The fight is to be sort of similar to the Kril fight)

Sgt. Nef Anyo:(To be updated)

1274219_512778672137055_1468698867_o.jpg

-Anyo is now equipped with a prototype AEGIS combat exo-skeleton (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76967-the-aegis-corpus-elite-tenno-hunter-units-new-boss-aegis-commander-minnow-borealis/). He relies on it for combat, and is not an easy task. Along with this new armor of his, his fighting style will drastically change. He will rely on changing between melee with his big fists, and using his specialized Supra for combat. He will switch between these two rather clunkily, giving you a chance to shoot his weakspots (a core on his back, joints, and himself.)

-In combat he has the ability to climb walls and the crates in the area (which is a much larger scale version of the stage now). In doing so, he can jump down to ground smash you, or just hang there *EDIT* to snipe with his LANKA. However, if you shoot the arms it does damage to him and he will fall off the wall or crate. This gives an opportunity to shoot him or the core. Once enough damage is done, he will stand up and block his body with his mechanical arms. If you stay around him for too long he will stomp like jackal. He will repeat the actions until eventually he dies, once the suit takes enough damage, he will eject and fall out, giving you a chance to kill him.

*EDIT: some people wanted him to keep the Lanka: However, this version is similar to the MOA railguns.

Ambulas: (NEW)

1441541_536192129795709_1184733703_n.jpg

- Ambulas is the highest level Corpus boss to date, and unfortunately he is a little MOA, not too impressive. Now, he will be a towering combat proxy ready to be shipped to another planet before you come in to destroy him. He will be heavily guarded in a large hangar shipping off combat proxies. During his fight, he will use his heavy Laser Repeaters, EMP stomps, Rockets, and a huge chargeable laser.

-For the fight, there will be plenty of positions to provide cover from his charge-laser (it is a huge and powerful version of the Flux Rifle!!!). His legs are weak, so if you shoot them till failure, he will drop down to one knee and open up a generator in his chest (he will still shoot but not as heavily). Once he recovers, he will stomp to disperse the player. If players stay in one position, he will fire his rockets at you, these are not homing but will hit your position from when they were fired. This battle will be a little bit like the Jackal battle, just larger and deadlier.

Raptor:

1268162_511754688906120_1344774914_o.jpg

Redesigned Raptor Look. Bigger, Badder, and Unique. Has dual Dera rifles hanging down and rocket pods on his back. Considerably larger than a human, but not as grand a scale as Jackal.  He will be similar to what he is now, but will not use overpowered rocket pods (like now, which are instakills...) and will not be super impervious (he has a crazy armor rating). His head is his weakspot, and the joints on his wings temporarily disable his flying. When he is disabled from flying he will be stunned for a little bit and will eventually use his dual Dera rifles.

J3-Golem: (NEW)

1383509_536192139795708_1800781534_n.jpg

- J3-Golem, since he did not turn into what is now "Lephantis", will now be a formidable force. He mixes up powerful melee and powers now, and will be intimidating. His fight is centered around shooting out his glowing weakspots, and dodging his attacks (he has a heavily armored chest, legs, and left arm). His attacks are: A Torid-like projectile, a grappling tentacle, a powerful armor piercing claw once you get into range, and acidic stomp.

-He will have a 3 phase battle, and each time his health is taken down a certain amount, he will do his acidic stomp. His weakspots will open up when he attacks, and if they are successfully shot enough he will be staggered and not attack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please  leave feedback and suggestions below. I know the concepts for the boss-battles themselves are not top grade but feedback will be used to improve them.

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

I like them, Though Hek should still keep his signature shotgun.

You should see my Sargus Ruk, I've turned him into a grineer looking strogg kinda thing. He's pretty tall to, scales about 8 feet, completely mechanized. 

Still coming up with his phases though.

I want to see your Sargus Ruk o: 

I like them, Though Hek should still keep his signature shotgun.

You should see my Sargus Ruk, I've turned him into a grineer looking strogg kinda thing. He's pretty tall to, scales about 8 feet, completely mechanized. 

Still coming up with his phases though.

Hek will still use his signature shotgun, should of wrote that,

I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but you seemed to indicate that more bosses should share the powers of the frames you can acquire from them (or in Hek's case, maybe the Loki should come from him instead of Trinity - really, Loki is more of an early game frame then Trinity based on the fact it can be one of the first available).  It think DE should build on that idea big time.

Otherwise great post and nice concept art.

I made a similar thread on changes to Boss fight mechanics here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109254-boss-fights-lets-make-them-more-challenging-less-pewpew/#entry1264809

I'm going to make a link in that thread to yours here, if you don't mind.

Edited by KARMA2605

I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but you seemed to indicate that more bosses should share the powers of the frames you can acquire from them (or in Hek's case, maybe the Loki should come from him instead of Trinity - really, Loki is more of an early game frame then Trinity based on the fact it can be one of the first available).  It think DE should build on that idea big time.

Otherwise great post and nice concept art.

I made a similar thread on changes to Boss fight mechanics here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109254-boss-fights-lets-make-them-more-challenging-less-pewpew/#entry1264809

I'm going to make a link in that thread to yours here, if you don't mind.

I'll also add a link to yours :)

Nicely done, WTB someone to go through and thicken the lines a bit for clarity, perhaps add some preliminary coloring/shading

I'm actually working on making these better. Since DE is willing to go out of the box for these bosses, I might as well step up my game too.

These are some really nice ideas.  Good job.  If possible you might want to mess with your scanner and try to make the images a little darker to make it easier to see some of the lines.

I you click on the image it enlarges, but opening it in a new tab might be best for viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...