The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a new sniper rifle?

Yachooo

I would love to see more weapons that could be used like support weapons (the way the Zakti does), and I think the sniper rifle template is a great way to build upon that. We all have some really strong secondaries, but we focus so much on using our primaries that our secondary weapons are often underused. It would be cool to see some weapons that have useful utilities, like a sniper rifle that has a sleep dart, or shoots through a bunch of enemies and sews them together or something. That way, we use our whole kit instead of just using our primaries.

• Like 1

I’d love to see a sniper rifle that has has one round that explodes with an incredibly powerful concentrated blast. Another idea would be a sniper rifle with 6 rounds with explosive shots with reduced damage similar to a Battalyst. 

We already have the Lenz, but using it induces loathing in your squad mates and mandatory loss in reputation. It would be nice to have a measured, dare I say respectable, explosive death dealing sniper rifle that doesn’t receive groans when used. 

• Like 2

On 2019-01-21 at 10:33 AM, Naftal said:

What gimmick would you give the new sniper so it isn't just a variant of the old ones with a new name?

I would call my idea Avalon, a battery powered corpus sniper with with a 8 round mag, it will have an alt fire that converts it to an automatic rifle with a magazine of 40 and selecting alt fire again changes it to a auto shotgun with a magazine of 12, damage is lower than other weapons of its kind by 20%  however as a sniper its crit chance will be 30% and for both its additional fire modes the crit change sits at 25% status across all 3 modes will be 19%

initial damage type would be electric.

Edited by Daskrieg
added damage type
  • Like 1

Jezail flintlock rifle

Basically in middle east and those places they had these custom rifles made with brown bess flintlock mechanism, those rifles had big caliber, long barrels, and many had rifling as well, which made them accurate weapons at distance, in few words;

single shot, flintlock sniper rifle 

How about getting our first suppressed sniper rifle? There is none and the only option for stealth is to use bows... and that is limiting us,the sneeki breeki  ninjas out there..ofcourse there is Hush but you cut your potential damage with it tho...