The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Nvidia GTX 2060 Not Yet Supported?

Eljin

Hello! Has anyone else purchased the GTX 2060 cards and gotten a message from Warframe that the card isn't yet supported? 

(If any [DE] people need to see logs or other system information I've placed them in support ticket #1583980)

The problems I've been having aren't really limited to Warframe - I've been having problems with other games/software like Heat Signature, Steam's Big Picture, etc. 

At this point I'm wondering if I should've just stuck to AMD stuff. 

On 2019-01-21 at 6:29 PM, Eljin said:

(If any [DE] people need to see logs or other system information I've placed them in support ticket #1583980)

Hi Eljin,

Looking over your log, I came across this --

AMD driver version is: 18.12.3 (Driver string: 18.50.03.05-181217a-337288E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019)

Is there a chance you might still have your AMD drivers installed? You'll definitely want to remove those and make sure that you are using the latest Nvidia drivers.

To add to what Dmitri says above, did you run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to get rid of those drivers before installing the latest Nvidia stuff? If you didn't use that program! Here's a Reddit thread on the latest drivers, explaining some stuff and with some links for both drivers and DDU! 😄

Edited by NightmareT12

I'm running a 2060 since the 16th and did not have a single problem. If you properly install the Nvidia drivers that were released on the 15th specifically to add support for the GTX 2060 you should not run into any problems whatsoever. That up to date driver is important though!

On 2019-01-22 at 8:27 PM, sam686 said:

What is your Nvidia driver version you using?

Did you try updating Nvidia drivers from www.nvidia.com ?  Software graphics driver updates are important for shiny new graphics hardware.

Driver Version 417.71, released on 1/15/2019 according to Nvidia. 

It's at least good to hear that other people are getting Warframe to work w/2060s. I'll give it another shot. 

I did "uninstall" the AMD stuff, but the uninstallers work more poorly than the installers. Since the logs are still saying that it's there, I'll have to go scrub some more - I'll try using that DDU before I do a Windows reinstall. 

Thanks!

Edited by Eljin
Forgot a thing.