Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10: Shadows Of The Dead

[DE]Rebecca

You guys also didn't fix the in-mission UI like you mentioned :(

But I really appreciate the constant hotfixes, good work!

P.s. by fix i mean make it look prettier, right now the in-game ui doesn't look as nice as the missions screen ui

Edited by Demon093

- Speed Holster (Aura) mod – increases weapon switching speed for entire squad

YES

YES

YES

YES.

A big disappointment in the new Arsenal UI is that, I don't know whether my frame, weapon or sentinel is nearing it's next rank. The progress bar is now non-existent. On top of that, the mod Steel Fiber for sentinels is apparently "useless", since Armor (0) x (mod%) = 0.

I thought, I'd be tanking some of my friends who became curious of what I was playing, but now I think we'll just wait for some other MMORPG to be released I guess. #SighQuit (not #RageQuit)

Yes! (Edit: You guys worked hard, no doubt about it. Get some rest and be prepared for (some) of the backlash that morning will bring.

Also, first page, but that's irrelevant in the ***storm that's flying this way.

Ready?

Wow. Okay. This update was incredibly disappointing. About the only good thing is the new UI. New mods, great. New weapons, wonderful. Haven't started working towards either, but that's content, which imo, is subjective and not useful in a discussion of what I believe to be a cold, hard fact: There are a lot of issues with this update. In 2 missions and 30 minutes of watching the chat, talking to clanmates, and just exploring stuff:

- Stamina system. Overnerfed it. I can understand, most people didn't run with stamina mods. But you made it too weak. WAY. Too weak.

- No armor changes. I get it. Coming in 10.1 (right?)

- Nekros. You can't be serious. I have to farm for the key, to get a chance to fight a boss? RNG gods barely smile upon us once, and now you add this? Please remove the process to obtaining him. Grinding on grinding is not good. 

- Multishot doesn't seem to be working with my secondary. Primary works fine I think

- Armor mod doesn't increase armor in the stats when I apply it. I would imagine same with stamina (haven't checked yet).

Yeah, incredibly disappointed. I'm gonna go to sleep and hope this is a bad dream, because this is not what I thought was promised. Far from it.

EDIT (again):

Noticed scarves. I guess they're nice. And I'm guessing it's cosmetic with no way to get it without platinum. Definitely going to sleep and hoping this is a bad dream.

-I stand corrected about multishot. Lato vandal proved it was working. 

-Also, I keep getting told I have strict lan, even though my settings are still have uPnP on.

-Looked at resource requirements for new stuff on wiki. 10,000 nano spores? 5,000 salvage? THIS is how we spend that ridiculous build-up of nanospores and salvage? Only reason I disapprove is that it's a requirement to get necro so GUESS WHAT everyone that came when after this became open beta: First you gotta farm for that stuff! Then, once you have 500,000+ of that stuff (ohh, i dunno, that's 300 hours in if you don't farm exclusively for it) and THEN you worry about getting nav coordinates. THEN you worry about farming a boss for bps. I guess my experience with the old golem and 50+ runs make me make me ridiculously upset at how many times we have to pray to RNG gods THAT DON'T EXIST, making the only way to get anything slightly nekros take AT LEAST a week. And that's for the monsters. The rest of us will probably give up on nekros or do what is the ONLY reasonable way to get him: buy him or the keys from the market. 

Yes, you have to grind for a lot if you don't spend platinum. But Nekros is ridiculous. And from what I understand, he isn't that good beyond farming bosses (ironic that the only good power for the effort put in is the one everyone disliked the most?). 

EDIT (The TL;DR):

Maybe it's because I'm not in the design council. Maybe I don't like getting blind-sided. But the change the stamina came out of NOWHERE. And the process for getting Nekros is bad. Just. Bad. If he was prime I could somewhat understand, but for the base warframe? No. Also, issues with multishot not working on kunai and "uPnP not on" popup everytime I login even though it is on. Scarves seem to be platinum only, somewhat disappointed but since it's a cosmetic I can kind of understand. 

Finishing thought (for tonight): I love you guys. I love your content, I love your game, I love your respect for the players, I love your pride in warframe, and last but not least, I love that you listen to the players. I doubt most people like this update. Too much hype, and would have loved to hear about some of the changes (like to the stamina). The letdown is larger than ANY other update IMO. Please, try to listen to the millions of threads and posts that are flying at you. Please. Everything in this update (save the arsenal UI for me) has a bitter taste because of the things the negative things (which were the most hyped up).

you build the key it's easy but you need golem nav that i got no idea where to get 

buy blue print in market

I'm going to thank DE for being awesome. This game is damn exemplary of what a F2P game *should* be. Constant content additions, lots of great ideas that are well executed, a VERY strong dedication to listening to the community.

Plus Hotfixes constantly. Unlike most games, DE stays up well into the night to fix things within hours of release. With Mechwarrior Online, broken mechanics and crippling bugs literally take weeks or months to fix. I've seen 5+ hotfixes IN A SINGLE DAY before.

Props guys. Currently I don't need anything in game, as I vastly prefer to work for my stuff, but I'm buying a good amount of Platinum tonight as a thank you.

Plus cosmetics are like crack to someone who is very easily distracted by sparkly things.

Awesome new stuff! Thank you DE!

and sadly... awesome disappointment:

-Stamina system now has a timer before it recharges. This makes Stamina a more significant system in game play.
- Reduced Stamina cost of melee swings and jumping
- Reduced the rate of stamina recharge

I don't get why u will do that %$#@$!

because of the 2 new mods or what? the game was too fast, some ppl adore quick run, or maybe parkour the lvl? now - @#$%^@*& u guys - you must change your build and add two (before that, optional) mods. 

This really bitter my gameplay.

It seems like the rewards for Void and the loot tables have changed.

I'm getting 25k from T3 exterminate and getting paris prime drops, which I'd never gotten before on exterminate.

...wait what? Can anyone else confirm void missions are now less lucrative as pertains to credits?

I've been short on credits for a few days now and always just kept pushing off void missions.

I'm gonna hate myself if i lost my chance for quick, easy credits.

Umm well I'm glad that we've made it this far like I know because me and a whole bunch of other Tenno have played through closed beta and I have to say, this is a huge difference from closed beta! When it was closed beta, most of the warframe mods were pre-set and modpoints were pretty much kinda useless unless you had an orokin reactor attached to your warframe. This was the same for the weapons as well… The viarity of warframes were not so much and as a starter we had to select excaliber, volt or loki but I went with volt because it had SHOCKING abilities XD

Here are the list of things that I loved most about update 10 even though I hadn't had the time to try it yet but I will!

1. The two new warframes Nekros and Mag Prime like come on who didn't anticipate another new prime frame but I was kinda dissapointed in mag prime as I was hoping for another founders exclusive but nevermind :D If I wasn't wrong the theme of a necromanceer warframe happen before update 9 when we were dissusing about NOVA which everyone before said that it would be a bad idea as everyone in the design council said:" WELCOME! To the creation of Vauban 2! Nekros has gotta be one of the most amazingly designed warframe I have ever seen as so I will also say that it's the coolest one YET!

2.The new Golem boss! As we all know the old golem was no different to the ancient distributors of the late plus that the golem was too easy to beat! But now instead of dealing with a small wimpy boss, we have have to deal with a 3 story death machine that obliviates everyone in its way! I wish to try out this new Golem, but unfortunate I have no time currently and this message was typed during my breakfast :P Good Luck to those who are fighting the New Golem for Nekros parts!!!

3. The scarfs on warframes! They are so beautifully designed and fits on the warframes to add a special ninja feeling as you drift through the wind siliently and the scarf flies in the direction which is opposite! WORKS ESPECIALLY WITH VASTO OR DUAL VASTO! Makes it look cool~

Well those are the most awesome things that I love most about update 10 bit obviously some of you guys don't agree. After all, everyone has their own different opinions! Looks like the amazing space ninja game warframe is getting better then ever with so many things for 4 millions players, I wonder if this game could get any better then this!

-Watch4everyone

( I RATE WARFRAME 10/10 THANKS TO ALL THE DE WHO WORKED HARD IN BRINGING OUT THIS AMAZING UPDATE AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE WARFRAME UPDATES AS AMAZING AS THIS ONE! SEE YOU ALL IM THE NEXT UPDATE!)

I had to post it here...

And the new update is alive, we get some stats, but:

1) We still don't have stats in Mod Installation Screen (now under "Upgrade" button), so when we want to see the numbers, we have to return to the arsenal and than back to change more mods. Called this would happen.

2) There is not enough stats there, following stats were for some reason forgotten (especially charge speed and damage for melee weapons, because charge attacks are IMHO the most common use of melee weapons):

- charge speed (melee)

- charge damage (melee)

- melee range (melee)

- elemental damage (fire/freeze/electrical/piercing)

- stun chance (melee)

- faction damage (grineer/corpus/infested) 

- zoom

- puncture

- ammo capacity (seriously, this is missing?)

- resistances (fire/freeze/electrical/poison/shield)

- shield recharge

- stamina recharge

- power recharge (in case of using aura)

- health recharge (in case of using aura)

- power damage

- power range

- power efficiency

- power duration

- aura damage bonus + type

- knockdown recovery

- knockdown resistance

Etc. I for sure forgot something.

3) Some stats don't work - attack stats (attack, spin attack, leap attack, etc.) don't reflect damage adding mods (pressure point) in case of melee weapons. Elemental and faction damage bonuses are also ignored for weapons, but for example Hornet Strike is taken into account. Steel fibers on warframe are also ignored, etc.

4) Multishot mod causes damage to change between two (possibly more) numbers. I have 60% multishot on Snipetron Vandal and when I hover the weapon in arsenal, it normally shows 218 DMG in stats, but sometimes it shows 436 DMG instead. I would just add a multishot as another stat and remove it from the damage in stats.

5) We can't tell now, which powers we have equipped on the warframe from the arsenal screen.

6) The location of the stats is stupid. Bottom right corner? Seriously? Why not this instead? (Yes I understand sentinel stats won't fit there)

wf-stats-01.jpg

wf-stats-02.jpg

7) Changing skins (for example manticore skin for normal scindo skin) still resets the special standing pose with weapon in hands.

I agree with all the stats points. I would love to see charge damage!

I really dislike the Stamina reductions. To me the key differentiator for this game is it's movement and combat options, if you reduce mobility then you reduce those options. If you want to counter something make it harder, give us more reasons to use up stamina using the terrain to avoid harder and smarter enemies, make the terrain itself trickier with greater bonuses for using harder to traverse movement-skill based areas....but don't for the love of good simply hobble us more, you drift closer and closer to console-induced main-stream slooooowwwwwdown.

But I do really like the new Survival missions, having to move around more is a lot better than the original event.

I UNDERSTAND the stamina change... but I feel like stamina was pretty perfect as was.

the game could just as easily function without stamina altogether, just with unlimited sprinting.

Something less drastic could have sufficed, such as heavy warframes having less stamina overall. 

Not only is this a smoother mechanic, but it lends to the image that agile warframes should have.

really my only gripe here, everything else looks great.

1.) Giving stamina a short amount of time before recharging was pretty unnecessary, IMO. It's especially troubling for people who prefer to rush through a level or parkour all over the place.

2.) Getting Nekros seems quite the chore. Especially for players (like me) who don't have Platinum and wanted to use him right away.